To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Colour of the sky

A forum for general discussion on subjects and topics that do not fit anywhere else.

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Colour of the sky

Post by bluenosey »

A weird orangey grey in the Midlands.

Apparently due to dust blown up from the Sahara by Hurrican Ophelia.

All a bit sci fi/apocalyptic :shock:

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Colour of the sky

Post by Zimmerman »

Thank %#^* for that.

Thought my brew had been spiked!

Hard to say what colour it is (if any) but there is a weirdness outside (I'm in Cheshire) and a by product seems to be a that any colour there is (with all the autumnal colours) are REALLY vivid.

I assumed something was going on to affect the light frequencies thus affecting the colour of all the trees and plants.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

I guess there seems to be something obscuring the clouds in West Yorkshire. Must be the same thing.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

No Dorothy's house being swept up by the wind though.

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

Thought this was going to be something interesting about how colour is simply something invented inside your head to make sense of the different frequencies of light reflected from different objects, and what you see as Orange I may well see completely differently (but of course still call Orange because its the same light frequency despite what I see in my minds eye). Colour in itself doesn't really exist.

Anyway, yes -sky is a bit of a funny colour here as well. Hope Ireland doesn't rue Ophelia's passing.

bloggie
Dumbledore

Post by bloggie »

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

The sun was a vivid red in the tiny bit of blue sky this morning when it briefly appeared from the greyness. Totally calm at the time.

Then the sun came out later in a mostly blue sky before the wind started. Hatches battened.

bloggie
Dumbledore

Post by bloggie »

Looks like the storm's going to cover the whole of the UK over a week according to this animation plus they've closed the schools tomorrow in Ireland so England may follow suit later if it seems iminent:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/8 ... Ireland-UK

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Stuff (That Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else!)”