To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Álvaro Morata - INJURED UP TO SIX WEEKS OUT AS OF 02/10/17

A forum for Player & Team news and comment - including injuries & suspensions. If you have a query where the answer depends on the FF game you are playing then please post on that game's forum.
Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Re: Álvaro Morata

Post by Tacalabala »

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Re: Álvaro Morata - INJURED UP TO SIX WEEK OUT AS OF 02/10/17

Post by bigcliff2 »

Morata to Jesus done... Always lovely to make a transfer two weeks before the next fixture with an international break to negotiate!

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

All this is so far is journalist speculating,

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Billy Bongo wrote:All this is so far is journalist speculating,
Maybe, but I highly doubt he'll play against Palace so worth a transfer anyway

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

This thread is for reporting on the injury to Morata. All game specfic (FPL TFF SDT SKY) chat regarding how to respond should be posted in threads in the game board themselves.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Hotstepper wrote:Ruth_NZ, with your Chelsea fan head on, do you think Conte gives Batshuyai his chance now, or does he go back to last season's Willian, Pedro and Hazard front line that he employed when Costa was out? Could make Pedro a great pick if he does the latter.

October
Sat 14th Crystal Palace PL (GW8)
Weds 18th ROMA CL
Sat 21st WATFORD PL (GW9)
Weds 25th EVERTON EFLC
Sat 28th Bournemouth PL (GW10)
Tues 31st Roma CL

I guess those are the games we are talking about. Chelsea are playing twice a week through October in other words. It will be made easier by the fact that the first 4 games are in London but it's still a busy schedule. The Everton game will feature some youth, of course, but probably only Musonda and Kenedy again.

So... in answer to your question, I think he will do both. Conte certainly trusts Batshuayi more than he did last season and he has been scoring plenty. I think Michy will start some and come on as a sub in others. I think that will be the same for Willian, Pedro and possibly even Hazard (although he's probably the most likely to start them all). I really can't separate the CL and PL games for this purpose and Conte won't either I don't think, other than taking each game on its own merits.

The one thing I would say is that Chelsea looked toothless without a striker on the field against City. I'd tend to imagine that Batshuayi will start most of the games but I can't give a clearer steer than that. Perhaps the Hazard false #9 is more likely against Roma but that's only based on surmise really. I would like to put Batshuayi into my wildcard team but don't know whether I will or not as yet.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Without reading the whole article this excerpt suggests it's not a grade 2 hamstring as myofascial means surrounding tissue not the main muscle. 'Clinically, he presented with a grade 2 strain but MRI showed only a small myofascial tear.'
http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2013/ ... 012-091400

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

[quote=
I guess those are the games we are talking about. Chelsea are playing twice a week through October in other words. It will be made easier by the fact that the first 4 games are in London but it's still a busy schedule. The Everton game will feature some youth, of course, but probably only Musonda and Kenedy again.

So... in answer to your question, I think he will do both. Conte certainly trusts Batshuayi more than he did last season and he has been scoring plenty. I think Michy will start some and come on as a sub in others. I think that will be the same for Willian, Pedro and possibly even Hazard (although he's probably the most likely to start them all). I really can't separate the CL and PL games for this purpose and Conte won't either I don't think, other than taking each game on its own merits.

The one thing I would say is that Chelsea looked toothless without a striker on the field against City. I'd tend to imagine that Batshuayi will start most of the games but I can't give a clearer steer than that. Perhaps the Hazard false #9 is more likely against Roma but that's only based on surmise really. I would like to put Batshuayi into my wildcard team but don't know whether I will or not as yet.
[/quote]

Thanks Ruth_NZ. Bringing in Batshuyai certainly tempting me. Conte's new 2017/18 flexible squad does seem to have options, so levered ast year it was a near certain lineup, that's not settled down yet. I'd like Pedro at 7.9 more than Batshuyai at 8.1, if I thought Pedro would start.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

HmmmImageImage

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Look at Morata’s latest tweet. Aiming for Palace.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

He's deleted the tweet what did it say

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Going to Palace. Hoping to meet the queen. Tourists eh!

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

On Instagram and it doesn't mention Palace Image

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Apparently the first one mentioned Palace but he amended it and then deleted the tweet

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Billy Bongo wrote: 03 Oct 2017, 15:37 Apparently the first one mentioned Palace but he amended it and then deleted the tweet
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... y-hopeful/

You can see the original one here.

The other tweet above about communication differences in definitions makes sense to me, considering the Costa situation in 2014 which I linked in an earlier post. I'm still looking at Batshuayi if there is enough evidence to show he will start. Again there is journalistic speculation but the media is saying Morata could be back earlier than they thought but against Palace is highly unlikely. We have Man Utd, WBA, Liverpool, Swansea in November so Conte would surely try to be clever in his recovery, like he was with Hazard.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Álvaro Morata - INJURED UP TO SIX WEEKS OUT AS OF 02/10/17

Post by blahblah »

Feaking freaking freak... I wanted a few weeks not thinking about this stuff :evil:

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Doesn't seem to consensus on how bad this is yet, even CFC fans don't seem to know and you'd think someone would know something from inside http://www.theshedend.com/topic/29499-a ... a/?page=77

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

That's not helping :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I guess it's less of an issue for me as I don't have Morata. But the BBC is usually fairly careful in what it reports.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Conte: ‘As you know very well we have three injured players. Morata, I hope to have him back very soon, I hope for the next game against Roma [0n 18th October],’

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Team News (incl. INJURIES)”