To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Álvaro Morata - INJURED UP TO SIX WEEKS OUT AS OF 02/10/17

A forum for Player & Team news and comment - including injuries & suspensions. If you have a query where the answer depends on the FF game you are playing then please post on that game's forum.
shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won 3 works games plus Euro and works cup , usually finishing in top 3

Álvaro Morata - INJURED UP TO SIX WEEKS OUT AS OF 02/10/17

Post by shakermeister »

Hopefully nothing but typical just as I'm considering drafting him in :roll:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 45586.html

woody123
FISOhead
FS Record: 2013-14 John Morrison Elite League 12th, 2016-17 11th, 2017-18 FISO H2H CHAMPIONSHIP WINNER

Re: Morata injured ?

Post by woody123 »

He's trained this morning with the rest of the squad.

shakermeister
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won 3 works games plus Euro and works cup , usually finishing in top 3

Post by shakermeister »

Cheers , good news and lifts the worry some what :D

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Today's early exit doesn't sound as bad as first seemed - http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/30/chelsea-b ... s-6968054/

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Álvaro Morata - INJURED UP TO SIX WEEK OUT AS OF 02/10/17

Post by OIEIAO »

...needs his own thread.

Went off injured yesterday which has spoiled my plan to do Lukaku to Morata this week. Will be keenly waiting news on his injury.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Álvaro Morata

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

This report states that he's due to undergo tests in Madrid tomorrow, and that he "could be back playing within this international break."

On the other hand, Antonio Conte thinks he probably won't be available until after the international break:
It's a muscular problem. I don't think it's a serious problem.

Because it stopped before becoming a serious injury. He said to me: "Coach, I prefer to stop myself otherwise I risk a bad injury."

The doctor in the next days has to check the situation. I don't think he's available for the national team.

As a Morata owner I'm hoping he's fit for GW8. Chelsea have a great run coming up and I'd really prefer not to have to remove him.

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

I'm keeping and think he'll be just about fit for Palace. As they clearly don't need him for that game I'm not expecting 90mins but should feature.

Joshhua
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Joshhua »

Terry Henry wrote: 01 Oct 2017, 21:34 I'm keeping and think he'll be just about fit for Palace. As they clearly don't need him for that game I'm not expecting 90mins but should feature.
This is possible problem with Morata as Conte became aware of the fact that although he is young, 3 games in 7 days were too much for him and pushed him to the edge of being injured, so he could manage his game time more, knowing how important he is for them.

That swayed me into thinking about Hazard instead of Morata, but he also comes fresh from an injury and it was evident he couldn`t repeat world-class performance he had against Atletico Madrid in such a short time.

P.S. I envy you on your profile picture as I didn`t play FPL when Henry was playing. Must of been great?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Spanish press suggesting he will be available for Spain

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

He’ll be fit for Palace so there’s no need to worry :D

Terry Henry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: See me after class!

Post by Terry Henry »

Joshhua wrote: 01 Oct 2017, 22:12
Terry Henry wrote: 01 Oct 2017, 21:34 I'm keeping and think he'll be just about fit for Palace. As they clearly don't need him for that game I'm not expecting 90mins but should feature.
This is possible problem with Morata as Conte became aware of the fact that although he is young, 3 games in 7 days were too much for him and pushed him to the edge of being injured, so he could manage his game time more, knowing how important he is for them.

That swayed me into thinking about Hazard instead of Morata, but he also comes fresh from an injury and it was evident he couldn`t repeat world-class performance he had against Atletico Madrid in such a short time.

P.S. I envy you on your profile picture as I didn`t play FPL when Henry was playing. Must of been great?
It was great! He's my favourite player of all time. Bit biased being an Arsenal fan, but still. Was also nice when he came back for those few games for Arsenal. Came in at £7.0M I think. Had to be put it for old tames' sake.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

#CFC reporting it's a Grade 2 Hamstring Strain. Spain have released Morata for treatment. People are talking about 2 weeks but it should normally be longer if it's a Grade 2 injury.

Grade 2 Hamstring Strain

With a grade 2 hamstring strain your walking pattern will be affected and you will most likely be limping. Sudden twinges of hamstring pain during activity will be present. You may notice some hamstring muscle swelling and your hamstring will be tender to palpate. It will also be painful for you to bend your knee against resistance.

Hamstring Strain Recovery Times

While every hamstring injury and the demands of your sport differ, here are some general hamstring strain recovery times when you follow an optimal physiotherapist-guided rehabilitation program.

Grade 1 - 1 to 3 weeks
Grade 2 - 4 to 8 weeks

Source: Physioworks.com

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

Well then I've got no choice but to make an immediate Morata-Jesus swap as I only have the exact amount...

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

How do we think Chelsea will play without him? They don't really have a good replacement or will Hazard have to go into a sort of false 9? Really trying to work out what Chelsea assets would be best for WC. So many plates to spin right now.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Looks like bad news for him on today's update. All eyes on Aguero's progress for Jesus to take the 10.x striker crown for the next few weeks.

It might play into Hazard's hands for a couple of games too, it was interesting that he moved up top rather than Bats coming on.

iamkiko
Wideboy

Post by iamkiko »

Thanks guys for the in-depth info.

Pulled the trigger and brought in Jesus, much to my chagrin.

I would expect him to be out for 4 weeks or so, I can't see Conte risking him; especially vs Crystal Palace.

@kuchy
Chelsea also have an in-form Batshuayi who will be rearing for a start. Was actually surprised he didn't come in for Alvaro vs City.

I would expect Batman up front to replace Alvaro as they have seemed to switch in and out in the past. I doubt Hazard will be playing as a false 9 but this is all just speculation of course.

Alvaro would be risked, probably, vs Roma (away/home) 31/10 & vs United (home) 05/11.

For anyone interested, here is his injury history - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alvaro- ... ler/128223

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

All very confusing first it's ok then it's a grade 2 tear then it's a tear but should be back for Palace

Hmmmmm

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

The Evening Standard has Morata telling friends he will be ok in a couple of days -

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 48271.html

Unless there are pictures of him training later in the week I think it will be next week before we will find out if he makes the Palace game.

People will have to decide if they will wait or move early because of price changes.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Would be ridiculous if they played him against Palace with a champions league game a few days away, they could bear Palace with the under 10 girls thirds

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Billy Bongo wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 17:45 Would be ridiculous if they played him against Palace with a champions league game a few days away, they could bear Palace with the under 10 girls thirds
it's a good point Billy, he could be ok but still rested/protected, being new to English football he won't be used to the demands and crazy fixture runs, Conte said something along the lines of he didn't want to play him three times in a week and Wenger has been making similar comments about Lacazette (and subbing him continually), I suppose that's the big bonus for Kane and Lukaku, you know they can cope with the physical demands.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Billy Bongo wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 16:45 All very confusing first it's ok then it's a grade 2 tear then it's a tear but should be back for Palace

Hmmmmm
As far as I saw all the 'back for Palace' stories (mostly yesterday) were based on initial feeling/Conte's comments and before the scan with the Spain squad. It seems most sources have just rehashed the same stories and added the words 'Grade 2' and 'withdrawn from Spain squad' rather than publish a new one admitting there was no point in speculating like they did the day before the scan. :lol:

We need to wait for actual quotes from Chelsea/Morata from after the scan really. Could still be 2 weeks, could be more, but I doubt we'll know until the next press conference or some quotes appear.

Edit: This article for example, speculates 4 weeks to 2 months based on the new info: http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... onths-news

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

It's the fantasy football world of hope and blind faith we live in.

Normal City and Chelsea fans know a fractured rib and a grade 2 tear will probably keep Morata and Aguero out for a month.

Fantasy managers ' but its Stoke and Palace they will be back I've read it on Twitter!! '

Lets face it 90% of us will have Kane and Jesus by week Friday the other 10% are Arsenal fans

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Billy Bongo wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 18:08 It's the fantasy football world of hope and blind faith we live in.

Normal City and Chelsea fans know a fractured rib and a grade 2 tear will probably keep Morata and Aguero out for a month.

Fantasy managers ' but its Stoke and Palace they will be back I've read it on Twitter!! '

Lets face it 90% of us will have Kane and Jesus by week Friday the other 10% are Arsenal fans
If I feel confident that he will start I could well have Batshuayi in my team with a fully fit Vardy and Kane.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

You feel confident Morata will start?

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

I mean if I'm confident that Batshuayi will start then I might bring him in and have Kane - Vardy - Batshuayi. Conte risked playing Morata against Man City and paid the price aggravating an injury he picked up against Atletico Madrid so he may not risk him a second time so soon. I'll hold Morata for a week to see if he does return to training and if he is ok.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Stemania wrote:This article for example, speculates 4 weeks to 2 months based on the new info: http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... onths-news.

I don't see what is speculative about it. Grade 2 is a solid diagnosis and the first firm information to emerge from medical examination. The prognosis and typical recovery period for a Grade 2 Hamstring injury is known. It is 4-8 weeks. That's why I quoted that time frame earlier; apparently the Express have now done the same research. :)

The biggest problem with hamstring injuries is the threat of recurrence, especially if the player is rushed back too soon. Chelsea have a long season ahead. I doubt they will take any unnecessary risks.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 19:50
Stemania wrote:This article for example, speculates 4 weeks to 2 months based on the new info: http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... onths-news.

I don't see what is speculative about it. Grade 2 is a solid diagnosis and the first firm information to emerge from medical examination. The prognosis and typical recovery period for a Grade 2 Hamstring injury is known. It is 4-8 weeks. That's why I quoted that time frame earlier; apparently the Express have now done the same research. :)

The biggest problem with hamstring injuries is the threat of recurrence, especially if the player is rushed back too soon. Chelsea have a long season ahead. I doubt they will take any unnecessary risks.
Ruth_NZ, with your Chelsea fan head on, do you think Conte gives Batshuyai his chance now, or does he go back to last season's Willian, Pedro and Hazard front line that he employed when Costa was out? Could make Pedro a great pick if he does the latter

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Problem is it's not a grade 2 tear of the hamstring itself but a myofascial tear which is far less serious according to the report I read

A grade 2 hammy is supposedly 6wks but this could be much quicker to heal

Lots of unknowns

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Can we just get some clarification off someone reliable ha!

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

Billy Bongo wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 20:05 Problem is it's not a grade 2 tear of the hamstring itself but a myofascial tear which is far less serious according to the report I read

A grade 2 hammy is supposedly 6wks but this could be much quicker to heal

Lots of unknowns
Spanish national team said it was a grade 2 myofascial tear of the hamstring muscles. Source: http://www.sefutbol.com/carvajal-iniest ... a-e-israel

Soft tissue damage can take weeks to heal.

On the other hand, this isn't the first time they diagnosed a Chelsea striker with this injury. Costa supposedly suffered the same fate playing for them and still started the next match against Swansea. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29083173.app

We could wait and see what the Chelsea doctors say.
Last edited by math! on 02 Oct 2017, 20:39, edited 1 time in total.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Team News (incl. INJURIES)”