To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

'Football Opinions' Forum

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

'Football Opinions' Forum

Post by admin »

A new forum has been set up at football-opinions-f51.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and only members of the 'Football Opinions' Usergroup can view the threads and post to it.

To join the 'Football Opinions' Usergroup (there are no restrictions), go to:
ucp.php?i=167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and select Football Opinions group to join.

Any 'my club is better than your club' comments and other related nonsense should be started in the new forum or will be moved there. Similarly for any matter of a 'sensitive' nature.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Bored of the numpties in there so I've just unsubscribed.

Can I ask people to avoid juvenile 'my club is better than your club' and other incendiary stuff in any Football Talk threads (which is in theory against the T&Cs) so that they don't get moved to Football Opinions, ta.

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 11 & 16; OFL Golf 4th 09; TFG OFL Overall, Majors, F1oG Winner 09

Post by el_pappje »

murf wrote:Bored of the numpties in there so I've just unsubscribed.

Can I ask people to avoid juvenile 'my club is better than your club' and other incendiary stuff in any Football Talk threads (which is in theory against the T&Cs) so that they don't get moved to Football Opinions, ta.
That didn't take long then murf after my comment on doing the same! Your life will be richer for it.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

el_pappje wrote:
murf wrote:Bored of the numpties in there so I've just unsubscribed.

That didn't take long then murf after my comment on doing the same! Your life will be richer for it.
Hope so. The old style, harmless inter-club banter (as I saw it) has long gone on here I'm afraid. Just worried I'll miss the decent bits of Football Talk threads that get moved.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Thought it worth bumping this as a few topics have been started in this Football Talk forum in the last 48 hours or so that should be in the Football Opinions forum. Also a few sensible topics have been pushed in that direction by some posters.

"My team is better than your team" is incredibly boring (and what's more I can't join in as my team weren't even better than my old sunday league team last night)

Papa Giddy
Dumbledore
FS Record: 3rd TFFO 07-08; 5th TFFO 06-07, Top scoring Eggcupper 07-08

Post by Papa Giddy »

Too right Murf - your lot were as bad as a SLT last night! :wink:

(I always knew i'd find a reason for highlighting text when I read)

darkspidey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by darkspidey »

I pressume these private rooms are for libel reasons...Other wise its all rather sad. :?

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018

Post by Spencer4 »

darkspidey wrote:I pressume these private rooms are for libel reasons...Other wise its all rather sad. :?
It's a Forum about football so it wouldn't be of any interest to you :wink:

thelip
FISO Jedi Braveheart
FS Record: Variable

Post by thelip »

How is he managing to post in the private forum when he isn't even a member? :?

robbielee
Dumbledore
FS Record: GQ Best Dressed Man 2008, Smash Hits Most Fanciable Male

Post by robbielee »

thelip wrote:How is he managing to post in the private forum when he isn't even a member? :?
This isn't actually the private forum, this is just a thread in the "Football Talk & Events (Excluding Internationals)" section, telling people about the private "Football Opinions" section.

thelip
FISO Jedi Braveheart
FS Record: Variable

Post by thelip »

robbielee wrote:
thelip wrote:How is he managing to post in the private forum when he isn't even a member? :?
This isn't actually the private forum, this is just a thread in the "Football Talk & Events (Excluding Internationals)" section, telling people about the private "Football Opinions" section.
Cheers Rob. :oops:

darkspidey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by darkspidey »

murf
FISO Viscount

Re: 'Football Opinions' Forum

Post by murf »

admin wrote:A new forum has been set up at football-opinions-f51.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and only members of the 'Football Opinions' Usergroup can view the threads and post to it.

To join the 'Football Opinions' Usergroup (there are no restrictions), go to:
ucp.php?i=167" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and select Football Opinions group to join.

Any 'my club is better than your club' comments and other related nonsense should be started in the new forum or will be moved there. Similarly for any matter of a 'sensitive' nature.
Is the "Opinions" forum still active? (I opted out)

Seems to be more and more crap in Football Talk these days and the alternative Opinions forum always seemed like a good solution to me.

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018

Post by Spencer4 »

It's still there, you may be disappointed by the content though :wink: Would you like to have a browse?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Spencer4 wrote:Would you like to have a browse?
No, my whole point is that I wouldn't but I feel like I am when browsing Football Talk :wink:

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

murf wrote:
Spencer4 wrote:Would you like to have a browse?
No, my whole point is that I wouldn't but I feel like I am when browsing Football Talk :wink:
I know the Mods are trying very hard to reduce the trolling that's been happening in the Football Talk forum.

If you report threads that you feel should be moved to Football Opinions then the Mods can look at the topic.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”