To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Klopp's treatment of Sakho

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Klopp's treatment of Sakho

Post by Zimmerman »

SAkho is a very good example of good management/decision (with the benefit of hindsight).

He upset Klopp (supposedly turned up late to the press conference, but there might have been more behind closed doors).

But ultimately he upset Klopp, he was shipped out. He was comfortably our best CB (Klavan, Lovren and Matip the alternatives). Klopp cut him loose despite it weakening us in the short term.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Re: Manchester United Seasonal Blog 2019/20

Post by Magic »

Zimmerman wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 16:31 SAkho is a very good example of good management/decision (with the benefit of hindsight).

He upset Klopp (supposedly turned up late to the press conference, but there might have been more behind closed doors).

But ultimately he upset Klopp, he was shipped out. He was comfortably our best CB (Klavan, Lovren and Matip the alternatives). Klopp cut him loose despite it weakening us in the short term.
Hardly new, Fergie was doing that years before.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Who said it was new?
Just saying it was done.
A question would be, would/will Ole do that?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Zimmerman wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 16:37 Who said it was new?
Just saying it was done.
A question would be, would/will Ole do that?
Or able, given Ewar's inability or unwillingness to sell anyone. I'd guess this is a longer list than those worth keeping 😐

Magic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Magic »

Zimmerman wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 16:37Who said it was new?
Who said anyone said it was new?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Magic wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 16:36
Zimmerman wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 16:31 SAkho is a very good example of good management/decision (with the benefit of hindsight).

👆 :?: :?:

Magic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Magic »

Zimmerman wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 17:01
Magic wrote: 23 Jan 2020, 16:36

👆 :?: :?:
Exactly, I said it wasn't new. I didn't say it was new ;)

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Zimmerman wrote:SAkho is a very good example of good management/decision (with the benefit of hindsight).

Sakho scared me every time he played. Like a bulkier Traore. Never understand how he'd been so highly rated. Found his level at Palace.

I rated Skrtel higher and he was worse than Lovren and Matip.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”