To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

THE CHAMPIONSHIP 2019-20

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Re: THE CHAMPIONSHIP 2019-20

Post by Smurphy Paw »

The change that needs to happen is an overhaul of parachute payments. It creates such an uneven financial playing field and forces ambitious clubs to sail close to the wind with their finances. That’s a big contributor to too many clubs getting themselves into a financial mess

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Its also the gamble re Promotion and Mega Bucks....

theo29
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: previous user

Post by theo29 »

just a blink of an eye for Fulham, but not since 1947 for Brentford. Who do you fancy ?

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

The Scandanavians have been the better side all season so that means Fulham will probably nick it.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 12:14 Its also the gamble re Promotion and Mega Bucks....
Exactly, the entire purpose of the Championship is to chase the dream, there’s no point being there otherwise, unless you’re someone like a Wycombe or Burton whose dream is getting to the Championship.

That’s why FFP in terms of spending limits can never work. Just put restrictions on debt-based funding models and make owners hand over bonds to cover long term player contracts.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

theo29 wrote: 04 Aug 2020, 09:03 just a blink of an eye for Fulham, but not since 1947 for Brentford. Who do you fancy ?
Brentford is who I'd like but I know nothing about either team to give any opinion on who it would be on form.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

jimmy ching wrote: 04 Aug 2020, 10:04 The Scandanavians have been the better side all season so that means Fulham will probably nick it.
Why that link?

The Brentford defence looks a hoot 😂😂😂

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

forestfan wrote: 04 Aug 2020, 10:36
blahblah wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 12:14 Its also the gamble re Promotion and Mega Bucks....
Exactly, the entire purpose of the Championship is to chase the dream, there’s no point being there otherwise, unless you’re someone like a Wycombe or Burton whose dream is getting to the Championship.

That’s why FFP in terms of spending limits can never work. Just put restrictions on debt-based funding models and make owners hand over bonds to cover long term player contracts.
Something like this, yes. The incentive is too great otherwise. True, some will not be able to compete, same the The Prem. Not sure they compete as it is anyway

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Well Fulham looked the better in the first half. All square.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

blahblah wrote: 04 Aug 2020, 19:58
jimmy ching wrote: 04 Aug 2020, 10:04 The Scandanavians have been the better side all season so that means Fulham will probably nick it.
Why that link?

The Brentford defence looks a hoot 😂😂😂
I was surprised to see so many Danes in the Brentford side. Their manager has kind of cornered that market, just like Wenger did with the French. They must have a healthy following in Denmark now. They've beating Fulham twice already this season. Football can be cruel sometimes and it usually happens in games like this.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

A classic goalkeepers nightmare, the dive after the event. Brilliant 1-0 Fulham

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Another Frank loses at Wembley... and Fulham slot into 20th place in my Premier League table prediction.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

'Frank, you've got a phone call, they're asking about Ollie and Said'

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 157.
Well, what a wait we have before our first Premier League game for a long, long time.
Marcelo still hasn’t signed up. Costa (16m) and Meslier (6m) were the first to though. Harrison has had his marriage with Leeds postponed for another year as he’s signed up for another loan. We have also entered the youth market with promises of the ‘next Rooney’, Gelhardt from Wigan (1m) and a Belfast league boy, Charlie Allen from Linfield. Even a Dutch kid is arriving from Amsterdam, an 18 year old goalie. That’s it the titles ours but only if you’re talking about 2030.
Brighton are being greedy in living off the back of other teams coaches. It looks like we must look elsewhere when it comes to Ben Whites position. We should all cope with this situation, as we have all laughed off the seagulls swooping down and taking our ice cream. We simply go and buy another one. But who? We have Casey and Struijk but young in experience and age they are. There has been talk about Foyth from Spurs, Quarta from River Plate and any other Argentinian. The journals in South America like talking and writing speculation about Bielsa. There is also talk about business with Oxford for their best centre back. Imagine my underwhelment when hearing this. It seems all so familiar when last season they took on Peterborough's centre back, Ben White to replace Jansson.
This is where Marcelo takes a strange route when choosing his transfers. In this matter, all I can say is,
‘In Bielsa we trust’.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Are there any good FPL picks from the 3 promoted clubs?

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

blahblah wrote: 11 Aug 2020, 15:58 Are there any good FPL picks from the 3 promoted clubs?
I'd go for the midfield assisters. Harrison, Leeds, Cavaleiro, Fulham and Pereira, WBA

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Thanks

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 158.
Last season had talking points for me. That 5-4 game against Birmingham. The build up of belief. The strength of character to go ahead again with the value of positive thinking, as the opposition just kept on pulling level.
The determination showed in coming back from 2-0 down against Millwall and win 3-2.
That Captain Cooper equaliser at Brentford that ended a dismal run of results. It picked them up and gave us all belief again.
The Hernandez winner against Swansea. This was a marked day in my calendar before the Covid outbreak. It was going to be Bielsabub’s 666th day in charge. That was the goal that sealed it even though we had to wait a little longer.
It’s been a long time since I’ve been following the Premier League with interest. Fantasy football has maintained my interest a little but the games I’ve watched have been Championship. It’s a life of wherever my team takes me. I’m not too sure what to expect from the new season but I’m more than happy to take the ride.
We know pain, we’ve had plenty of it served at the second table. We even got pushed along to the third one. We just want that taste of elation again. One can but dream. I’ve had enough of this victimhood scoring brownie points. Give me hope and bring me Cups. I know, I know, I’m getting carried away here.
Please, please just give that little bit of dream time before we have to step out at Anfield for our humiliating introductory offer of the Premier League. The Canaries were squeaking not tweeting in last seasons Premier League opener at Anfield. Was that the day they were broken?
Apprehension is the word. You may say why?
One, Liverpool are the Champions.
Two, the Reds are at home.
Three, they are probably our worst opponents. We are 30 losses down. W28 D31 L58.
Four, Liverpool haven’t lost this fixture in the last eight games, winning seven.
Better stop there. Let’s have look at the positives.
One, we’re back.
Two, erm, erm, opening day fixtures in Premier League, W5, D7, L0.
Three. Bielsa's project.
Four, not much else actually.
We’re living on a hope and a dream. At the moment in the transfer market, we’ve been selling the dream to the youngster wannabe’s. Gelhardt (Wigan), Allen (Linfield), van den Heuvel (Ajax) and Drameh from Fulham have all signed up. The older wiser ones have still to be convinced.
I’m still not convinced the prices are value in these pandemic times. White has been well over priced for an untested in the Premier League player. The longer this drifts on the more desperate for Koch we’ll become. At least he’s had Bundesliga experience and will have a more realistic price, one hopes. There is a fire sale going on in Valencia as they are struggling to balance the books. Many vulture clubs are circling, Leeds being one of them. Which ones they want isn’t clear to me at the moment. I know which ones I’d fall for but my name is not Marcelo. A tension is slowly building but I’ll say it again,
In Bielsa we trust.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”