To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Where is Soccer AM?

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
scarletjim
Dumbledore

Where is Soccer AM?

Post by scarletjim »

Sky just saying they can't provide the scheduled programme this morning... wonder what happened... hope they're all ok... :/

EDIT: IGNORE / DELETE - now on 14 mins late, citing technical issues. :)

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Re: Where is Soccer AM?

Post by forestfan »

It’s had “technical issues” ever since Tim Lovejoy left :wink:

(And they really should have put it out of its misery when Helen Chamberlain departed...)

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

forestfan wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 10:38 It’s had “technical issues” ever since Tim Lovejoy left :wink:

(And they really should have put it out of its misery when Helen Chamberlain departed...)
Amazed it still breathes at all. Haven't really watched it since the Lovejoy days (didn't even know Helen Chamberlain had gone!). The odd times I have flicked over to it it has been dull, dull, dull. Brilliant in its day (was that the 90s or early 00s???)

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

murf wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 11:00
forestfan wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 10:38 It’s had “technical issues” ever since Tim Lovejoy left :wink:

Amazed it still breathes at all. Haven't really watched it since the Lovejoy days (didn't even know Helen Chamberlain had gone!). The odd times I have flicked over to it it has been dull, dull, dull. Brilliant in its day (was that the 90s or early 00s???)
I only had Sky from around 2005, which was near the end of its prime, Lovejoy and most of his crew must have left a couple of years later. Thought it was OK with Max Rushden alongside Helen but in the last few years it’s lost any remaining links to what it was.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Was definitely of it's time. Latched on to Loaded magazine lad culture with Helen and the Soccerette feature etc etc...

Haven't watched it since Lovejoy & Fenners left, which was more than a decade ago :shock:

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

We still watch it with breakfast on the sofa each Saturday, probably because it's the nearest my missus gets to enjoying football. She enjoys that it's not just about football, but she also enjoys bits like Showboat and Obscene Skill. Plus we pause to explore any interesting bits - for example, when this morning they were showing how to do the 'banana kick', I stopped it to show her Roberto Carlos's free kick against France. And she was polite enough to say 'wow, that is amazing'. :lol:

I agree it was never going to be as good when Tim or Helen left - I actually quite like Max, but can't stand Jimmy, and Lloyd's marital problems 'joke' wasn't even funny for a week, never mind several years... But if it enables my beloved to share in my love of football for an hour or so each week, then it'll do for me. :)

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

murf wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 11:00The odd times I have flicked over to it it has been dull, dull, dull.
Out of interest, what does everyone watch instead? Are we missing some other light-hearted football-based Saturday morning programme, or did you all just find other things to watch / do?

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Saturday morning is usually spent tramming around Asda but if, like today, I’m spared that particular chore, I spend it listening to the radio with a pot of coffee and the latest issue of Mojo magazine.

The Real Slim Shady
Dumbledore
FS Record: 1,465th in FPL 05/06

Post by The Real Slim Shady »

9-12, Lovejoy and Chamberlain. Gone to pot since then.

scarletjim
Dumbledore

Post by scarletjim »

Maldini wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 11:18 Saturday morning is usually spent tramming around Asda but if, like today, I’m spared that particular chore, I spend it listening to the radio with a pot of coffee and the latest issue of Mojo magazine.
Hmmm, maybe everyone's just grown up then... :)

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

scarletjim wrote:
murf wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 11:00The odd times I have flicked over to it it has been dull, dull, dull.
Out of interest, what does everyone watch instead? Are we missing some other light-hearted football-based Saturday morning programme, or did you all just find other things to watch / do?
Saturday morning is Parkrun! By the time I've showered and sorted out my predictions and FF teams it is no longer AM!

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

If there's some cricket or rugby from the Southern Hemisphere I might put that on... otherwise just SSN build-up to the day's action, or a box-set episode or something...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”