To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

THE CHAMPIONSHIP 2018-19

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Re: THE CHAMPIONSHIP 2018-19

Post by jimmy ching »

Maldini wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 13:08 Surely, it’s the Chuckle Brothers effect.
:lol: It might be within a month.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Villa sign Bolasie on a season long loan deal

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

So, Norwich's painting the away dressing room pink didn't quite work....Leeds march on.

QPR win at last and so do Stoke. Reading and Ipswich unfortunately make up the bottom two.

Really peed off we let Forest back into that game last night. We seemed to dominate for 70 minutes, then a complete turnaround at the end. Still winless, although with a bit of luck we could have three wins and not three draws :? Fair play to Gary Monk, he's got us playing some really good football, despite the transfer embargo.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Yeah, we didn’t turn up until we went 2-0 down. I don’t get all the tinkering, Carvalho on the bench etc. We didn’t even play in midweek, with several new additions the team needs to be allowed to settle, and it looked so promising against West Brom other than the finishing.

theo29
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: previous user

Post by theo29 »

meanwhile Fearless Frank chalks up a second home win (and with 2 clean sheets) Didn't use my ticket so can't really comment on the performance like the two previous posters. I thought there might have been some JC words about Leeds , looking like the form horse in the division.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Birmingham could apparently face a 12-point deduction for breaching a transfer embargo.

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

forestfan wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 19:44 Birmingham could apparently face a 12-point deduction for breaching a transfer embargo.
Yeah I've seen that. Not happy - that would relegate us.

Whilst I agree the rules have been broken, we are not the first and probably won't be the last, by any means.

Also, even though we signed a class player in Pedersen, what were the owners thinking of risking signing a player during the embargo ? Bit of a gamble by TTA. Trouble is the Chinese are so super secretive it's difficult to get an answer :?

Minus 12 seems a hell of a hit.

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

bluenosey wrote:
forestfan wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 19:44 Birmingham could apparently face a 12-point deduction for breaching a transfer embargo.

Whilst I agree the rules have been broken, we are not the first and probably won't be the last, by any means.

Also, even though we signed a class player in Pedersen, what were the owners thinking of risking signing a player during the embargo ? Bit of a gamble by TTA. Trouble is the Chinese are so super secretive it's difficult to get an answer :?

Yeah it’s a real shame. I’d much rather watch Blues struggling in the Championship than walking away with League 1 Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

TheTon wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 10:23
bluenosey wrote:

Yeah it’s a real shame. I’d much rather watch Blues struggling in the Championship than walking away with League 1 Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Long time no see :shock: - hope you are good, mate 8-)

Well I suppose -12 would be -6 with the six points off the V*lla :wink: :P

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Ha, you have the 6pts if I get to watch you go down!

Better that than watching Dinosaur Bruce all season

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

liquidfootball2 wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 11:11 Villa sign Bolasie on a season long loan deal
This is freaking insane, imho.

Despite the 81 title debacle; their kit being far too similar to WHam; and their "famous fans" not being worthy of my urine if they were on fire; I quite like Villa. (Oh and a weird job interview in Aston in 84ish.)

Is Bruce on some sort of weird reincarnation a l'Elk, who is trying to turn Scotland into Spain from his\its "don't blame the players, blame me" line?

Jeepers Colin will be saying don't Warnock and pass the ball on the fussy green stuff next :shock:

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Looking grim for Bolton now. They may be getting in to big trouble.
They have now got until noon to pull something of of the bag.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Latest.
They are going in to admin and should expect a 12 point deduction.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Latest. Third party joins discussions and decisions put back till Tuesday.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

So winter hasn’t quite come for House Bolton yet? :wink:

(Sorry, GoT joke...)

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Never a nice position to be in for Bolton. It's like having a continual stranglehold until eventually you pass out. Defeat for them yesterday was a reminder the players shouldn't be happy just to play. That's one point in the last nine.
How Leeds are still top has surprised me. Brentford are cruising, Bristol City are sneaking in on the blind side and Middlesbrough leaked a goal through a penalty. Derby took another knock out blow after recent good form and Ipswich are missing Mick.
Mid-week matches will descend on us all fast.
The relentlessness of The Championship.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

bluenosey wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 09:58

Oh dear. It could be points for Pedersen. Is he registered or not? The Times reckon the Blues cold have a 15 point hit. I do not like those in charge of the Football League. They worm around their definition of their rules.

Ali Bongo

Post by Ali Bongo »

Leeds United, starting well this season. Is this their year ??

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Ali Bongo wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 11:58 Leeds United, starting well this season. Is this their year ??
No, it's Lilles. :wink:

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Reading's first home win of the season, a comfortable 3-0 win at that! :shock: :D

We are going up, say we are going up.... :wink:

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

Hogmeister wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 18:23 Reading's first home win of the season, a comfortable 3-0 win at that! :shock: :D

We are going up, say we are going up.... :wink:
Yes, a good day to be at the Madejski - Clement rang the changes, Hull had 3 disallowed goals and O'Shea got a mouthful of cotton wool then was sent off! Bodvarsson is the most efficient striker in the Championship

And I think it's more staying up not going up!

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

My FB friends have been bugging me to get my previews and reviews of Leeds United season on more internet sights.
What better place to post than in the thread that know their game.
It started at the beginning season and these are yesterdays update.

Bielsabub Babes 23

I’ve now got a monk on. Alioski was monkeying around until the last ten minutes. His goal has no doubt protected his place despite his relatively poor performance. Does he keep his position because of the fitness stats? Tyler huffed and puffed and just made me want my Roofe fixed.
It all started with Baileys on ice, his young goalkeeping was shown up for all to see as he was sold a dummy shot. Monk had done his homework.
When Adam’s second went in, a silence descended on Elland Road. BPF was being questioned by most.
Phillips had another no show as the system Bielsa had chosen wasn’t working. Just after the half hour Dallas came on making an immediate impact. Unfortunately the rest of the team were not up to his urgency. Saiz talked himself in to his fourth booking of the season. It looks like the Xmas suspension he was after is going to come early. Things are starting to look bleak.
I know we are still top but that is just one win in the last five games.
The reality is Leeds are being over promoted by the Press just so they can tease us at the seasons end. Let’s keep ourselves grounded.
Two away Yorkshire derbies to come means motivation should be straight forward.
Sometimes sentences do make sense when at first you think they are wrong.
It’s Wednesday on Friday.
Last edited by jimmy ching on 26 Sep 2018, 18:47, edited 2 times in total.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

A week ago we had one win to our name and I was starting to look downwards... now we’re four points off the top. Crazy division...

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

forestfan wrote: 23 Sep 2018, 11:03 A week ago we had one win to our name and I was starting to look downwards... now we’re four points off the top. Crazy division...
This is why I love The Championship. Forever hope when walking on the cliff edge.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Don't Bielsa 's team's struggle at the end of the season - with fitness\stamina the issue? (I read something like this when he took over.) If true then yep the Press will muller him come Spring.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

blahblah wrote: 23 Sep 2018, 12:07 Don't Bielsa 's team's struggle at the end of the season - with fitness\stamina the issue? (I read something like this when he took over.) If true then yep the Press will muller him come Spring.
He's stubborn and they've spotted it.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

And Leeds are rather unpopular due to the 70's side - which I quite liked, especially Clarke.

The hooligans off the pitch were\are a different matter though. I went to Elland Road around 1990ish and it was scary even before Graham Taylor who wasn't yet hated as England manager's car got a bit of a hammering...

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Yeah, they’ve always been “Dirty Leeds”, even among those who aren’t old enough to remember either their greatest side or the peak era of their hooligan element (Bradford chip van anyone?)

I’ve always thought a strong Leeds would be a great addition to the Premier League, same as goes for a few other sleeping giants, and what’s happening at Wolves might inspire a few of those clubs to try and follow suit.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

A cake well and truly iced by Revie's antics as England Manager and running off to the Middle East?

Great place for clothes shopping though :wink:

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

blahblah wrote: 23 Sep 2018, 12:26 And Leeds are rather unpopular due to the 70's side - which I quite liked, especially Clarke.

The hooligans off the pitch were\are a different matter though. I went to Elland Road around 1990ish and it was scary even before Graham Taylor who wasn't yet hated as England manager's car got a bit of a hammering...
Leeds at the time were heavily influenced by the Scots. English journo's didn't like that. When I hear 30 year olds talking about Dirty Leeds, I know where their opinion is coming from.
I've never understood the hooliganism, I suppose I never will. A lot of them are not that bright. I don't like Leeds being associated with it but that's what fate imposed on me. I could have chosen Man Utd when I was younger but their fans had an even worse reputation at the time. I remember watching them dismantle Carrow Road.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”