To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

THE CHAMPIONSHIP 2018-19

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Re: THE CHAMPIONSHIP 2018-19

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 86

‘Dear Fŵankie, NO, I’m not happy to see you, that’s my bolt cutters’

Yes, we know what to expect in the build up.
A defining part of the season is coming back for Part II
Surveillance, videos, analysis and brand new fences are the new mode of the day. Welcome to computer football. Fantasy football has definitely contributed to how we see football now. There is even an ex-fisoer holding a coaching job down because of it.
We are all still looking for that Holy Grail computer program that tells us how it will be. Maybe, just maybe the secret is to stick to the old days of seeing and working out problems on the grass itself. I call it, The Life of Brian.
Marcello, no doubt, is already working on his plan. His biggest nightmare is the unpredictable.
But first it’s Villa and Ipswich.
We’ll welcome Jack ‘Best man on the pitch, kick him’ Grealish. Actually, will he start now? He’s been the most fouled player in the Championship. It’s painful being good, as so many hard working people have found out to their cost.
The enthusiasm for these last two games is no doubt low key. Some will be talking momentum
others won’t care a hoot. Me, I’m in the indifferent mode. No point in wasting adrenaline.
The build up starts now with hopefully, a dress rehearsal.

ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ChrisD »

The Leeds v Villa story will be fascinating to watch. Easy to say as a Norwich fan I suppose. Pity they can’t both go up, both would bring something to the Prem (alongside us obviously!)

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

ChrisD wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 08:38 The Leeds v Villa story will be fascinating to watch. Easy to say as a Norwich fan I suppose. Pity they can’t both go up, both would bring something to the Prem (alongside us obviously!)
Not sure it will be that fascinating, Leeds are the marathon runner who has hit the wall whereas Villa are the one who has paced it perfectly and about to breeze past without looking over their shoulder.

Obviously anything can happen in the play-offs, managerless West Brom could go up which would be an absolute travesty, but I suppose Villa and/or Leeds will be among the favourites next season if they don’t make it this time around. Villa probably more so, as I can’t see Bielsa sticking around in the Championship for another year so Leeds may well be back to their scattergun managerial appointments and it might take five years (and ten managers :wink: ) for them to strike gold again.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

So, Sheff Utd are officially there... an impressive achievement for an English manager who has worked his way up from the lower levels of the game, and a club finally completing their recovery after Tevez-gate, having spent a lengthy spell in the third tier in between.

Six years ago they lost a play-off semi-final to Yeovil in League One. They are now four divisions above their conquerors that day...

ChrisD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ChrisD »

forestfan wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 09:40
ChrisD wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 08:38 The Leeds v Villa story will be fascinating to watch. Easy to say as a Norwich fan I suppose. Pity they can’t both go up, both would bring something to the Prem (alongside us obviously!)
Not sure it will be that fascinating, Leeds are the marathon runner who has hit the wall whereas Villa are the one who has paced it perfectly and about to breeze past without looking over their shoulder.

Obviously anything can happen in the play-offs, managerless West Brom could go up which would be an absolute travesty, but I suppose Villa and/or Leeds will be among the favourites next season if they don’t make it this time around. Villa probably more so, as I can’t see Bielsa sticking around in the Championship for another year so Leeds may well be back to their scattergun managerial appointments and it might take five years (and ten managers :wink: ) for them to strike gold again.
I’d agree about Bielsa. Today’s antics might spice up a future game. Bamford would certainly get a warm reception!

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Won’t Bamford get three games? He should do.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 87

The first five belonged to Villa. Leeds worked themselves back in to it. Both teams were taking this game seriously. Bielsa even got booked. They were sparring each other. Jansson pulled off a couple of good quality tackles. Grealish got fouled again, Cooper went in to the book. That was a good 70’s tackle but the rules have changed since then.
They headed in at half time all level. 0-0.
They returned with Berardi and Roberts. The match went to and fro, until the 75th minute. Then the carnival started.
Kodjia went down under a challenge, self imposed. The ref played on, yet the Villa players decided differently, since they’d decided Forshaw had fallen the same fate. Klich demanded the ball from Roberts and put the ball away.
Mayhem, started.
Bamford played Bambi as kids do , the Villa players had started buzzing around aggressively. We are at the age now where feelings count more than fact, well, some try and play it that way. El Ghazi got red and a few other yellows were thrown about. I was not impressed with Bamford, yet Villa had created this themselves.
After a while of conferring Bielsa told his players to give them a goal. Pontus was still thinking in Swedish and finally let them pass for Adomah to tap in.
The FL will be having a meeting about this one. Yet another saga has started.
Congratulations to the Canaries and Blades for making the top two.
It’s time to sit back and enjoy the agony of the play offs.
This is why Leeds fans say,
‘In Bielsa we trust’

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

So, Villa v Leeds in the play-off final then?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

I’ve got a feeling it might be Villa v Derby, claret and blue shirt on order just in case :wink:

Maldini
Dumbledore

THE CHAMPIONSHIP 2018-19

Post by Maldini »

I have a funny feeling that Derby could do it this year as well.

Come April, they’re normally bottling it but this year they seem to have picked up their form and should they finish sixth, I think they’ve enough quality to win the play offs.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

Brilliant to see Leeds balls it up. Hope they don't get promoted. Horrible club!!

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Magic wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 08:52 Brilliant to see Leeds balls it up. Hope they don't get promoted. Horrible club!!
Thank you, for keeping us important in your football world. :D

Magic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Magic »

jimmy ching wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 10:06
Magic wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 08:52 Brilliant to see Leeds balls it up. Hope they don't get promoted. Horrible club!!
Thank you, for keeping us important in your football world. :D
You're welcome :)

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

forestfan wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 15:31 So, Sheff Utd are officially there... an impressive achievement for an English manager who has worked his way up from the lower levels of the game, and a club finally completing their recovery after Tevez-gate, having spent a lengthy spell in the third tier in between.

Six years ago they lost a play-off semi-final to Yeovil in League One. They are now four divisions above their conquerors that day...
Heard the interview with Chris Wilder who was overcome with emotion.

The ghost of Carlos Tevez can now be finally laid to rest :)

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

forestfan wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 08:23 I’ve got a feeling it might be Villa v Derby, claret and blue shirt on order just in case :wink:
That would be desperate :wink:

Leeds Derby
Albion Villa

is how I think it will play out. I know Villa are the form horses but really difficult to predict if it is those four.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

bluenosey wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 13:43
forestfan wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 08:23 I’ve got a feeling it might be Villa v Derby, claret and blue shirt on order just in case :wink:
That would be desperate :wink:

Leeds Derby
Albion Villa

is how I think it will play out. I know Villa are the form horses but really difficult to predict if it is those four.
This must be the biggest supported play off yet. All four have great support.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

We welcome back Luton and Barnsley, after Sunderland and Portsmouth both slipped up tonight.

It’s been a long road back for the Hatters, having spent significant time in non-league, but back-to-back promotions see them back in the second tier, could they eventually make it back to the top flight as per their ‘80s heyday? (Incidentally, the other Hatters, Stockport, started their even longer road back with promotion to the Conference at the weekend. A good week for headwear-manufacturing teams, less so for the Glovers...)

Magic
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Magic »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48106530

So the Villa guy gets his red card rescinded and Bumford is charged with deception. Figures that a Leeds player would be as crooked as a £2 note :lol:

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Magic wrote: 01 May 2019, 10:11https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48106530

So the Villa guy gets his red card rescinded and Bumford is charged with deception. Figures that a Leeds player would be as crooked as a £2 note :lol:
Bumford :lol:

Anyway, he got banned: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48140118. Deservedly so.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Not allowed to play vs Ipswich really doesn't count. :lol: :lol: :lol:

theo29
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: previous user

Post by theo29 »

the Rams did not overcome the Swans so they have to do it against the Baggiess. Memories of the play off final before the record breaking season, 2007 wasn,t it ?

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 88

‘Arise, Sir Edmondson’

That is my dream play off headline.
With Bambi sidelined by the FL, surely Ryan is the obvious replacement.
He has been producing the goods in the U23’s.
He’s young, he’s probably naive but it’s all we have got.
No Evans, no Maupay, no Gayle, no Sharpe.
No Rodriguez, No Bowen and even no Abraham.
The Leeds forwards are mucking not Pukking their chances.
It’s down to the bare bones time.
All we can ask is give us what you’ve got.

I can hear the Canaries tweeting as they’ve had their dream season. It’s been a nightmare for the Tractor Boys. It’s been a long slow squeal from the Ipswich fans and I know how it feels.
I can hear the swishing of the Blades being sharpened amongst a hullabaloo as they prepare themselves for the Premeirship banquet.
I want to join them both.

Our inconsistency over the 2nd half of the season points to play off failure.
But hell, it’s now down to Cup football mentality.
It’s anybodies.
None of the teams for the play offs have a good record.
I think the best is Derby’s 1 win in 7 attempts.
Before all of this starts, it’s the end of the regular season with the technical difficulty of Brentford Vs Bolton.
Places are still to be settled.
Leeds need a point at Ipswich for 3rd place.
WBA could eliminate Derby, or settle for an extra days rest before the final if they finish 4th. Villa are already guaranteed this.
Middlesbrough and Bristol City will be hoping for a last reprieve.
All eyes will be on the 6th place spot.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

jimmy ching wrote: 03 May 2019, 11:14 Bielsabub Babes 88

‘Arise, Sir Edmondson’

That is my dream play off headline.
With Bambi sidelined by the FL, surely Ryan is the obvious replacement.
He has been producing the goods in the U23’s.
He’s young, he’s probably naive but it’s all we have got.
No Evans, no Maupay, no Gayle, no Sharpe.
No Rodriguez, No Bowen and even no Abraham.
The Leeds forwards are mucking not Pukking their chances.
It’s down to the bare bones time.
All we can ask is give us what you’ve got.

I can hear the Canaries tweeting as they’ve had their dream season. It’s been a nightmare for the Tractor Boys. It’s been a long slow squeal from the Ipswich fans and I know how it feels.
I can hear the swishing of the Blades being sharpened amongst a hullabaloo as they prepare themselves for the Premeirship banquet.
I want to join them both.

Our inconsistency over the 2nd half of the season points to play off failure.
But hell, it’s now down to Cup football mentality.
It’s anybodies.
None of the teams for the play offs have a good record.
I think the best is Derby’s 1 win in 7 attempts.
Before all of this starts, it’s the end of the regular season with the technical difficulty of Brentford Vs Bolton.
Places are still to be settled.
Leeds need a point at Ipswich for 3rd place.
WBA could eliminate Derby, or settle for an extra days rest before the final if they finish 4th. Villa are already guaranteed this.
Middlesbrough and Bristol City will be hoping for a last reprieve.
All eyes will be on the 6th place spot.

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

What is happening with Bolton ?

I really feel for their fans but it's a good job nothing hinges on the Brentford game.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

bluenosey wrote: 03 May 2019, 16:30 What is happening with Bolton ?

I really feel for their fans but it's a good job nothing hinges on the Brentford game.
They’re going the same way their GoT house did a while back :wink:

It is a mess and lucky it’s so late in the season and that Brentford aren’t involved in the promotion or relegation picture.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Who spent too much cash? Shirley not SAM?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 03 May 2019, 19:00 Who spent too much cash? Shirley not SAM?
It’s about 10 years since he left isn’t it?

Just seems to have been a gradual decline through a few ownership changes, and people who didn’t have the competence to run a club at that level.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Not a clue, but longer than Portsmouth post "Onest "Arry...

I don't remember them buying big etc since though

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

The Forest v Stoke debate has well and truly started...

Oldest club in the League... 1863, you’re having a laugh :wink:

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

It's official now, Nottingham join the likes of Leeds and Newcastle as a one club town.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”