To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

THE CHAMPIONSHIP 2018-19

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Re: THE CHAMPIONSHIP 2018-19

Post by jimmy ching »

I think WBA are going to win it. That's my pessimism in me.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Meanwhile, at the other end of the table, in the "pit of despair, gloom and despondency" that is the Madejski Stadium these days, might Reading just be seeing the first signs of spring?

The new manager, that "unknown Portuguese bloke who knows nothing about the Championship", etc etc, has been talking very sensibly, has given us a couple of decent performances (been a while since I've been able to say those words!), and has brought in 5 :shock: new faces on loan, all of whom look pretty good signings. And he's clearing out some of the deadwood too.

Early days, and we are still in the bottom three of course... but maybe there's some light at the end of the tunnel?

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

Hogmeister wrote: 28 Jan 2019, 10:34 Meanwhile, at the other end of the table, in the "pit of despair, gloom and despondency" that is the Madejski Stadium these days, might Reading just be seeing the first signs of spring?

The new manager, that "unknown Portuguese bloke who knows nothing about the Championship", etc etc, has been talking very sensibly, has given us a couple of decent performances (been a while since I've been able to say those words!), and has brought in 5 :shock: new faces on loan, all of whom look pretty good signings. And he's clearing out some of the deadwood too.

Early days, and we are still in the bottom three of course... but maybe there's some light at the end of the tunnel?
Crunch game tomorrow against Bolton.

Yes, the performances have been better - Gomes has reinvigorated a couple of the players (Swift and Aluko spring to mind) and he's also shifted on a few of the fringe players. Unfortunately the performances have improved but we've yet to start picking up actual points... fingers crossed this starts happening soon!

The loan signings do look good - tomorrow will be the real test to see how they most recent three gel with the rest of the squad.

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

Hogmeister wrote: 28 Jan 2019, 10:34 Meanwhile, at the other end of the table, in the "pit of despair, gloom and despondency" that is the Madejski Stadium these days, might Reading just be seeing the first signs of spring?

That went well didn't it?

Tried to recreate the effect of bring at the game by listening to the Radio Berkshire commentary stood in a freezing cold conservatory.

Where was the backs to the wall defending of the play-off game v Fulham or Clement's win against QPR last season?

Oliviera sounded very good though.

Ah well, Villa at home at the weekend...

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 66

We’ve now got the next Polish Messi, to add to our own youth prodigy Messi Clarkie.
That’s promotion sorted then. This is dreamland. It won’t be long before we’re playing our 4th consecutive Champions League Final against Real Madrid. I know, I know, we can’t do this when paying them in Giro’s.

The Canaries are heading up to coal mining country. Lucky for them, they just seem to be quarrying the coal now. Bring your mustard to spice up the tripe and chips.
It’s not such a great route between the cities and many a time I’d take the Lincolnshire ridge. Yes, it does take a bit longer but it’s less stressful, more historical and gives you the appreciation of the productive English countryside. Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Norfolk are three large counties that do have a sense of Breton ways. Bits of Yorkshire have been industrialised but not such a great chunk. York, Norwich and Lincoln, are cities built and reliant on Roman planning. This is England. Modern ways still using old, reliant systems. There must be a reason for it.

After the last day transfer malarkey, it looks like the Americans at Swansea have a lot to learn. How will this affect players thinking about signing a new contract with that lot?
A few Leeds fans are upset with just the two transfers over January. I’m not. No point upsetting an applecart. The current Leeds squad will be now getting their heads down to do the job they were employed to do.
Norwich have managed to get another German defender in. They arrive at Elland Road sitting in 2nd place. It’s another sell out. A big match for both. Farke has had his spy naming the Leeds team for him. So Daniel, when you’re writing the cheque for his efforts, it’s M for Marcelo. Pontus returns, Phillips drops to the bench as Bielsa takes faith in Forshaw. Hernandez will play whilst Roberts is brought in moving Clarke in to the subs.

This should be and is being built up as a goal fest. I’d settle for a dull 1-0 win now. I’m nervous and my prediction shows it. Leeds 1 Norwich 2.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 67.

It all caught up on me last week. Didn’t get to see much of the match. The day started early with Scotland and of course the beer. I caught the first half and endured the usual. Plenty of chances created, none taken. Two defensive errors and it was all over. Didn’t catch the 2nd half as the kids came in demand. I did check the stats after and it was a case of same old, same old.
One glint of hope is the return of a fit Bambi. Izzy Brown also has mounting expectations of him.

So, it’s the second leg of the North Yorkshire’s Residents Cup. Standing at 0-0, there is all to play for including the Harrogate bragging rights. Middlesbrough have just crashed out of the FA Cup and have only one thing to play for. There won’t be any Loving of Thy Neighbour in this one. Bambi returns to his last club and has still to show us why he cost 7 million. He must be in for the 1st goal scorer.

Orta, no doubt will feel at home. Yet his new project is coming under strain. This is a must win for Leeds and everybody is wondering whether the Bielsa Bubble is going to burst. I don’t know how many games it is since the last draw but I’ll be happy with one here.
Prediction 2-2

morganb
FISO Knight

Post by morganb »

A week in the life of a Championship footballer -

Tyrone Mings: last weekend stepping on an opponent's face and receiving no punishment, this week scoring the first goal to spark a come-back from 3-0 down.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 68

Phillips 90 +11’, says it all.

It followed, shall we say just for the moment, a panic attack.
Jack Clarke was attended to, on the subs bench. He ended up being carried off on a stretcher.
Let’s hope all turns out well.
This time last season I would have been well happy getting to half time at 0-0. My expectations are rising. Middlesbrough then scored early in the 2nd half rewarding their adventure for the previous 45. Then for some reason Middlesbrough sat back and went for the 1-0. Leeds had just one choice and that was attack. Yet again, chances made, chances missed and certainly not helped by Randolph, the Boro keeper, pulling of some cracking stops. There’s my green tinted glasses again.
In the end Leeds got their just desserts. The beauty of the goal by Phillips, was the power in the header. Even though Randolph got to it, it’s force passed him by.
Overall a fair result. A point that might end up being extremely crucial for both teams.
The good news is Leeds won the North Yorkshire Residents Cup on the away goal rule. That’s two draws for Bielsa against Pulis. No doubt trickier than Frankie or Farke.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

bluenosey wrote: 09 Jan 2019, 20:01
liquidfootball2 wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 10:08 Stoke have sacked their manager Gary Rowett after just eight months in charge.

Maybe Mark Hughes then? :D

David Moyes is who they want apparently.
Ah, Gary, i had every sympathy when you were sacked by us and didn't believe the rumours at the time that you were angling for a move elsewhere but jumping ship from Derby to Stoke so quickly, well, you've come unstuck old bean.
I saw him being interviewed and erm to say I took a dislike to him is an understatement. Just another stupid person trying to be intelligent, which is one if my issues, lol.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 13:04
bluenosey wrote: 09 Jan 2019, 20:01
liquidfootball2 wrote: 08 Jan 2019, 10:08 Stoke have sacked their manager Gary Rowett after just eight months in charge.

Maybe Mark Hughes then? :D

David Moyes is who they want apparently.
Ah, Gary, i had every sympathy when you were sacked by us and didn't believe the rumours at the time that you were angling for a move elsewhere but jumping ship from Derby to Stoke so quickly, well, you've come unstuck old bean.
I saw him being interviewed and erm to say I took a dislike to him is an understatement. Just another stupid person trying to be intelligent, which is one if my issues, lol.
Get him on Brexit :lol:

Anyway, Norwich’s comfortable Old Farm win makes it even more likely there will be two divisions between the sides next season.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

They get everywhere, and usually rise well above their ignorance and stupidity because other simpletons believe them and their deluded confidence.....

I may pay "Mad eyes\stare\glare" McVay more attention next season as I have him one foot in that group as I sense he is "if something isn't working do it again and again, harder, faster..." In a Sergeant Major (Windsor Davies springs to mind) kinda way. As opposed to "hey that works lets keep doing it until it doesn't".

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 69.

It was back in August, when these two sides met. He was booked after 13 minutes and subbed on the 28th. It was a set back for him. In his true character, he accepted and learnt from his experience. He is more than willing to learn. It seems every time he gets a set back he comes back better. His latest set back was disciplinary, he returns, scores the equaliser against Middlesbrough, then totally dominates Swansea, a simple case of he wanted to put things straight. His mental capacity to get on with things, accept mistakes and build on them, increases his potential success.
Phillips wouldn’t stand a chance of getting in to a Spanish international side in years to come but his sort of style is appreciated and rewarded in the English game. If he carries on with the progress he is making now, maybe just maybe, the English might come knocking on his door.
Leeds controlled the whole match, apart from the last five minutes. Swansea didn’t really deserve a goal, having to rely on the ref to give them a chance. Leeds own personal ‘Penaltygate’ reinforced itself again, as Bamford for a moment thought he was at Twickenham when van der Hoorn tackled (Tackled fair is how the ref saw it). It was only the previous night, WBA got their umpteenth penalty of the season. Leeds fans on the net were going crazy. The EFL, go in to a panic and slap Gayle on a charge. Penalty manipulation is rife and some are gaining points whilst others suffer. Those 2 points lost by Forest could be very painful indeed.
Spygate continues as the EFL don’t seem to know what to do. They have now found out the police didn’t find bolt cutters on the person involved (Who said that Frankie?). They found some secateurs in his car. They are also finding they didn’t spy on all the teams. Reason? Some train in total privacy away from public gaze? The simple solution is for each club to be responsible for their own training privacy. If you are training within public gaze, expect people to watch, football is an obsessive game.
After the rest because of the FA Cup, the Whites will face three games in 6 days. Yes the EFL moved the game dates so by the time Leeds face WBA, the Baggies will have had a weeks rest and Leeds just 3 days. Everybody says how important that game is. Before that though, it’s a case of Bolton and QPR.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 70

The Roofe is falling in.
Get the Tyler to fix it.
Will Bambi finally mature?
Brown hasn’t played yet. Clarke hasn’t been training.
Berardi and Dallas have been turning out for the U23’s.
Diaz and Gotts are on the fringes of a call up.
Bielsa has some work to do. He will be intensely prepping them. The question is, are they ready for the step up?
It’s Bolton on Saturday, just as the Wanderers look to be facing another windup order. This is a three points Leeds must get to stay in the automatic race. Norwich, Bristol, Sheff Utd and WBA will be fighting each other for the available 6 points. Here’s hoping it ends up just being 4. It feels like the teams are all on Deuce. Keeping the belief is crucial. The Whites have bottled it too many times recently and I would welcome a change of habit.
There is something more comforting this time. The change since the summer has been dramatic.
The details at the beginning of the season were coming quick and fast. Bielsa arrived, the 49’s Rep arrived, the builders moved in to Thorpe Arch. The players were told what was expected and then put through training. This was done through out the club. The U18’s are hitting the top of their league, the U23’s are top of theirs and even the young Fusbal team has won a national. The way of playing is consistent throughout. Moving up or down through the teams brings with it familiarity of play. Before it was so disjointed. The basis of a good policy brings improvement over a longer time.
This is just what Leeds United wanted. The Coach is back and the finance men play to him. I’m sure there are quite a few fans of other clubs who want to see this return again. The curse of a celebrity director can destroy the status of a club. Bates had a consistent run at it as many Leeds fans had pointed out what he thought of them before his purchase. Celino seemed like a breath of fresh air after the Arab outfit with no money sold up. It wasn’t to be. His erratic behaviour cost him dislikes every where, from Miami, to Sardinia, from the Italian tax office to, of course the FL
Radz, Orta and Bielsa seem to have a plan that can function beyond expectations. Whether it will be successful this season remains to be seen.
There is one thing I’m happy about is the visible progress they have made since a club plan was put in to place. It’s a team effort from the tea lady to the ball boys. This is a positive step towards a possible return to the top flight.
Please, oh please, oh please, give us 3 points this weekend.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 71

That was a poor performance but the objective was achieved. It was a creaking atmosphere at Elland Road. It was full yet again but this time the fans were anxious.
Within 5 minutes Casilla had to pull off a good save from Magennis. That was the clue to how the afternoon would spin out.
At the other end, Mathews was earning his corn. Stopping all attempts except the penalty. With Roofe being off there was no designated penalty taker. It was here, we first saw a little chink in the team philosophy, when Roberts showed a little immaturity by demanding the ball from Bamford. Hernandez was willing to take it as well. Ayling conferred and up stepped Bambi to slot it home.
Within 6 minutes, Beevers finished off the bagatelle football following a corner. They are still having trouble with corners. We have problems with hitting the heights in defence and other bosses know it.
The 2nd half continued in the same vein. Bolton looked good when they didn’t have the ball but the moment they did, they didn’t know what to do with it. Then Allioski with sublime skill, saw the goalie slightly off his line, where he did a curl chip shot and scored in off the crossbar. Only kidding, it was a cross come centre that ended in the back of the net. We’ll just see it as a godsend.
Phew, thanks for the three points.
Off down to London Tuesday to take on the Rangers to be swiftly followed by the visit of WBA on Friday. It’s going to be a tense week.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 72

Bielsa has named the same 11 with Berardi and Douglas on the bench. Forshaw still injured.
The fantasy football pundits favourite manager.
On the last visit to Loftus Road, it was a 2-1 defeat in the FA Cup 3rd Round. Alioski, Ayling and Harrison are the only survivors, Shackleton might get a shout from the bench. We wanted to avoid fixture congestion, so that didn’t work, did it? No doubt, the WBA players will be group watching. Leeds can go back top tonight if they beat the out of form, 7 loses on the trot, brolly mans QPR.
It stands at one win each between these two old timers. Leeds won the home game 2-1, with five players due to start tonight.
Last night the U23’s beat Newcastle to progress in to the next round of the U23’s Cup with the Magpies. Edmondson produced the goods with two goals. He’s quite a large chap for a 17 year old and has a few years of growing yet. His play yesterday reminded me a bit of Lee Chapman. Odour the left back did a few dances and Diaz produced another good performance. There is potential there.
Marcelo has been putting responsibility on boys and so far this season, it’s worked. Will it last though? Norwich and WBA have men to replace men. This is why I’d give them the advantage.
Tonight, 3 points is again crucial. If the Whites have a 10 point lead on the Baggies by Friday I’ll be dumbfounded.
I’m expecting a bitty game tonight. Here’s hoping for a 2-1 win.

morganb
FISO Knight

Post by morganb »

So, Leeds lost to QPR of all teams. Even Reading managed a respectable 0-0 draw there over Christmas when they were on their run of good form!

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 73.

It was one of those nights.
When you realise your dreams are not a reality.
Bump!
Can I smell the coffee?
I’ll have Baileys in it, instead of milk, please.
It now looks like they’ll be a 1 point difference by Friday.

Marcelo has lost his duel, 2-1 to Steve. If he’s been out smarted by McClaren, the Premiership looks like a Doomsday Dungeon.

Anyway, to the match.

‘I was sticking my hand up for offside, sorry ref’

Another clear penalty got in the way. When that decision went QPR’s way, the first feelings of it’s not going to go well, started.
Casilla did a couple of good stops but the stars of the show were Freeman and blessed Lumley.
Unfortunately Roofe was unavailable to continue his good stats against the Hoops.
Douglas, oh why, oh why? You didn’t take your opportunity to come back with a bang. The Leeds fan in the top tier didn’t enjoy being hit by it.

Bamford is still two yards behind all the others whilst Brown when he came on for his debut was a full 2 seconds behind. Booked, in a classic Leeds tradition within a couple of minutes. All the others were providing the service.

Yes, this one got away from us. Alioski was his usual expressive self as Rangers started winding down the clock after their goal.

Overall, looking at the performance I’m not as upset as I should be.
It’s now out of our hands though.
The next two games are the biggies and should define our season. So it’s time to roll out that cliché

‘They’ll be plenty of twists and turns to come’

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 74

Well, I wasn’t expecting that.
The 1st half was a Championship topping performance.
What a week. From despair to euphoria, from Beer to Liver Salts, yes we partied in to the early morning.
There is a sobering thought, we could be third by this evening.
What is it about Bielsa? What was bugging him was the result at the Hawthorns. His duel with Moore looked like a mere formality and that Darren would take the honours with leading 4-1. Marcelo would have nothing to do with it, it has to be 4-0. If there is any way to evict the memories of a previous poor result, this is the way to do it.
That photo of Bielsa crouching in the tunnel after the Tuesday result had an iconic feeling to it. It gave the impression he was beaten and cracking under the pressure.
His insistence on naming his side and bench this time, annoyed some fans. It was the same team that fell at Loftus Road.
Then, they come out and put in a great performance. This time Bambi was up to speed. Roberts has had his best game yet. It’s hard not to pick the team for their play. Even Cassila kept his first clean sheet.
I’m enjoying the ride again.

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

Good result for your lot last night Jimmy.

West Brom seem to have faltered in their last couple of games. Losing at home to Sheff Utd and now yourselves. I think the loss of Harvey Barnes hasn't helped them. Even though West Brom aren't out of it, it looks at bit like two from three to go up - being Leeds, Norwich and Sheff U. Boro might have an outside squeek but I would put them in the play offs.

The 6th place is seemingly wide open. I reckon Derby are favourites but you never know if one team goes on a run, even someone like Sheff Wed down in 12th (6 points off) and doing well under Brucie.

Elsewhere in the league itself :-

Bolton face seemingly face more winding up orders. Rumours of unpaid bills to all and sundry. Since the departure of Big Sam, when they were a thorn in the side to the top clubs and even knocking round the top 6/7 in the country, they have gone into what seems an irriversible decline, which is a shame.

Notts County, at the wrong end of the 92 clubs, have also been served with a winding up petiton. League's oldest club and I remember them in the old first division when I was a kid :? They could still probably draw about 15K to Meadow Lane on a good day. The chairman seems a "colourful character" to say the least and has upset many people

Coventry - have nowhere to play next year and face being kicked out the league. Those w@nkers Wasps seemingly forcing them out after upping sticks and relocating from Wycombe - where's the justice in that ? So we could have Cov playing at Nuneaton Town next year and Wycombe Wasps plying rugby in Coventry, whilst Cov's proper rugby team play at The Butts. Life's a bitch :roll:

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 75

I’m a rare person, I've never been to Bristol. I was told it was a City built on vice in my history lessons. From the evil weed of Benson and Hedges to the Bristol Cream distributors who encourage wild grannies at wedding receptions. It has a strong reputation. I won’t mention the Slave trade or the natural market created when the men of the boats arrive on foreign shores. Quite often when I was younger, I’d hear men say,
‘She’s got a lovely pair of Bristol’s’,
a saying that always confused me because of my naive thinking. I’ll nick that phrase and adapt it locally to
‘Elle a une belle paire de Brest’s’.
All said and done, I’ll give the place a visit one day.
I like to see Bristol City doing well since a fan of theirs married in to my family. It’s the polite thing to do, except when they’re playing us.
Last time the two met, Leeds had a goalkeeping crisis, Huffer stepped in and clean sheeted. There is a suspicion the Robins will have one this weekend. It’s a sell out and the place should be rocking. Terry Cooper is the name that springs to mind when these two meet. A professional, through and through.
After a purple patch, Bristol haven’t won in 4 but one of those was against a Premiership side. Caught out by the Cup springs to mind.
Another defining match for both teams. Bristol need this much more than Leeds.
It looks like there’s going to be a robbery as Blunden, Wood and Bankes are the officials.
It shouts draw to me. 1-1.

theo29
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: previous user

Post by theo29 »

what are the prospects of the Brian Clough Way (A52) teams getting into the mix ? In your opinion !

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

theo29 wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 09:52 what are the prospects of the Brian Clough Way (A52) teams getting into the mix ? In your opinion !
Here's mine. It's still wide open for the final play off spot. Right down to Wednesday and Preston who are putting runs together. What would be funny would be Brucie nicking the place off Villa. As far as Derby and Forest go, the run in is good for both. They have just two top 6 each as it stands. They both should gather quite a few points but it's crucial for them to win against the teams in the top six. Derby more likely to do it. There we are, I've just cursed them with my prediction.

morganb
FISO Knight

Post by morganb »

Be interesting to read your Reading v Leeds write up. The Royals had a morale boosting last gasp victory today and are now storming up the table!

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 76

The top three ground out three wins.
WBA, Middlesbrough, Bristol and Derby all stumbled.
Forest and Preston performed.
Brentford have a game in hand to be in the mix.
The teams are gathering for the dash.
Leeds went up with Sheffield Utd in 89-90.
Norwich went up with Leeds in 09-10.
I’ll say no more.
Well, Bambi settled it.
He hit the post after placing the ball past the goalie for another goal. His knee hurt. He was attended to and rejoined the match. He was subbed before the hour. Phillips was making out a Jack Russell was out at large. His ankle was playing up. You must take the pain to get the gain.
Bristol went physical from the start. Well they are a bigger team. But, if you’re not using Duracell’s expect to be out paced.
The chances were created yet again but only one taken. Roberts added to it by blocking two of our own shots.
This is the first time I’ve seen them winding down the clock. It wasn’t convincing. Fortunately, the Robins were knackered.
That was a very good weekend for the top three.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Darren Moores gone. A bit brutal me thinks. Same as Bruce.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

jimmy ching wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 20:42 Darren Moores gone. A bit brutal me thinks. Same as Bruce.
eff me, that is harsh. They’re still in the mix, who will make a difference at this stage? Joker and Wagner linked, presumably Big Sam et al will throw their hats into the ring but is it really going to change anything?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

theo29 wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 09:52 what are the prospects of the Brian Clough Way (A52) teams getting into the mix ? In your opinion !
If we keep going with the win one, lose one pattern it will achieve nothing. Probably aiming for next season...

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Darren Moore dismissed at WBA after a few poor results recently, with yesterdays 1-1 at home to Ipswich particularly galling for the Albion hierarchy. They've fallen too far behind the automatic promotion places is apparently their reason.

Not been following them too closely tbh, but from an admittedly detached viewpoint it seems a little harsh.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 77

At school, Mr Haworth a French teacher, was a Reading supporter. He knew his footy. This was in the days before the internet ,where we relied on each other for accurate information on the football past. Yes we did have the Rothmans Football year books but you couldn’t carry them around with you as these were highly prized items and heavy.
I have cousins who were brought up in the Berkshire town as well. Now, I have a neighbour who’s from Reading but says he supports Arsenal. I saw him Thursday when he unexpectedly knocked on my door. I asked him why he wasn’t at the match. He looked at me confused and said what match. He then went on to try and blame me for not knowing they were playing just down the road in Rennes. Well, make of that what you want. He’s obviously not a Rothman’s boy. I’ll give him his due though, he was born in Islington.
If it wasn’t for the match being played early evening for TV purposes I would have taken him along with my son. But alas school comes first.
Reading are the first of four teams that Leeds have to play who are heavily involved in the relegation battle. Millwall, Wigan and Ipswich are the others. These matches will be emotional whether for going up or going down.
Readings away form has let them down. They are at home on Tuesday with a home run of WDWDW. The sequence shouts draw for this match. I’m sure the Royals would be very happy with that but the Whites won’t be.
With the Yorkshire United derby coming at the weekend these midweek games could catch us on the hop again. These windy March midweek games are the make or break of your season. Visiting places like Grimsby at this time of the year do make the Carlos Kickaballs think again.
Reading is a bit more civilised and warmer.
After their first away win for a long time at Ipswich, they saw off Wigan in another relegation battle. Their confidence is high.
I’m going for a scoring draw. 2-2.

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

liquidfootball2 wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 09:50 Darren Moore dismissed at WBA after a few poor results recently, with yesterdays 1-1 at home to Ipswich particularly galling for the Albion hierarchy. They've fallen too far behind the automatic promotion places is apparently their reason.

Not been following them too closely tbh, but from an admittedly detached viewpoint it seems a little harsh.
4th place ! Everyone has a blip, jeez. That blip is "lost, lost, drawn". That's it. Previous two games were before the blip were both won. At least let him finish the season.

The game's gone :roll:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”