To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Bielsabub Babes Season 4.

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Never expected to type 4. It’s never been done before with Bielsa. Don’t tell me he’s buying a house. If true, then hopefully it will be a home.
The Covid Curfew no doubt has had an affect. Fans forced to stay at home and watch on TV. If the game is not entertaining, people will switch to another.
Bielsa plays questioning football. Bombarding the opponents with ‘if’s. It’s challenging, it’s instinctive play. Learning the instinctive, is that necessary?
Yes, learning to eliminate those instincts that are against the rules of the game. Was it Kelly or Harte who caught the ball Gaelic Football style from a corner? I get their faces mixed up. My memories get distorted, no doubt. I know where I was standing, I know my view. The shock when he did it. There was a lot of ‘What?’ being shouted. The ones unaware of Irish football were even more confused. Instinct sneaks up on you.
The faster the game, the faster your instincts must go. I want to see Murderball on the pitch.
Make them run for their wages.
This is why I like Marcelo’s Leeds.
Mr Average can become Mr Hero.
Earning from effort.
It’s their appeal.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Re: Bielsabub Babes Season 4.

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes FPL Analysis.

Did so bad last season, my team caught covid. The Season was over just a few weeks in. I tried to desperately to hold on to my wild card. My tactics were terrible.
Big mistake One was not having the confidence in Bamford.
I called Harrison and Dallas but never followed my own advice.
I was also in a Leeds fans league. I finished bottom everywhere though.

Leeds have a tough start with the fixtures and move in to their so called easier stretch from game 5 to game 10.

I’ll start with the midfield.
This season, for my not so wise advice, Raphinha 6.5m is the top pick. Easy choice, good price, entertaining style. A man that is easier to cheer on and will make you occasionally purr. If he can pick up more minutes, he’d be on course for 180.
Harrison 6m is a reasonable price also. Hit 160 last year. In all probability, a safe bet.
Dallas’s 5.5m change to midfield is too hard to bear. Losing his clean sheet defender bonus will make it hard for him to get 171 again. One note of optimism for him is less time in the left back position, if Firpio makes it his.
The rest of the midfield is confetti amongst the glitter. Klich 5.5m 99 pts, Roberts 5m 49 pts, Phillips 5m 67 pts, Costa 5.5m 63 pts, Shackleton and Poveda at 4.5m are the bench sitters.

In the goal keeping stakes, it looks like Meslier 5m 154 pts. is nailed on. Good price but he starts off at Old Trafford.

Leeds had a strong finish to last season. Their defence seemed more solid with Llorente’s presence. If the centre backs stay uninjured, Ayling will be playing at right back more often. The back line looks like it will be Firpio 5m 0 pts, Llorente 4.5m 50 pts, Koch 4.5m 38 pts /Cooper 4.5m 59pts / Struijk 4.5m 71 pts, Ayling 4.5m 100 pts. It remains to be seen if Firpio is up to tactics early on and actually starts a game. My choice of those lot is Ayling with an eye on Llorente if he doubles his minutes. I must also mention the ex Leeds defender White is a steal at 4.5m and will be turning out for Arsenal.

The forward line.
Bamford produced the goods last season with more signs of continual improvement. He even improved on his Championship total. Expect more of the same and at 8m 194 pts, it’s looks a safey. Rodrigo on the otherhand is just 6.5m 89 pts. Rodrigo’s form at the end of the season was good. I also have the suspicion he’ll be linking with Raphinha more often. He could quite easily double his minutes like Llorente, giving the potential of 170 pts.
With the limit of three players per team the ones I would choose are, Meslier, Raphinha and Rodrigo.
The safer players would go Ayling, Harrison, Bamford.
Good luck to everybody in their choices because you need it in this game.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Pre season wondering.
I’m a little worried now. I just thought through the new 5 subs rule. That is a 60% increase for the coaches to influence the game. My worry isn’t in the coaching, it’s in the loss of wearing down the opposition. Bielsa’s game relies on high tempo and knackering out the opposition. Now the target is 5 not 3. This could work against his tactic. Is this new change going to put the coaches to the test? I say Yes, bring it on. Over all I think this is a good move but I thought that about VAR.
So another season starts but we don’t know yet what will concern the masses. Last year VAR, this year, take your pick. I must admit I did enjoy the Spygate season. Learning the difference between public and private property law in England, then seeing that the moral standard of the English shouts something different. A great question, should law be built on morals? Considering Marcelo comes from a family of lawyers, I’m sure he’s thought this through. He apologised for not understanding the English moral code which is no surprise as it’s not written down in law.
He didn’t want to be misunderstood.
And did he surprise the journalists who had no doubt had already penned many articles of resignation for the papers in the morning. These are the kind of characters we need in football.
Bielsa is a middle class Clough.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 197.
The new season is to start in a few days time. It has already started here in France. My county team Brest got off to a good start with a 1-1 draw away at Lyon. Could it get better for them? Well, a week on Friday somebody might be turning up to play in Brest for PSG. I get the feeling this season is going to be Messi. What does make me laugh is the French Football association just sold the Ligue 1 rights to Amazon but just a few weeks ago. Buying for pennies and selling for pounds. Did ‘unbelievable Jeff’ Bezos know something we didn’t?
That is just a minor distraction as I wait for the game on Saturday. Well, it’s a big game for us Leeds fans. Away at Old Trafford.
Last season this was our worst result, a 6-2 loss. Those first five minutes were torture. Two nil down and looking lost. Funny as it goes I did enjoy the game. There was a point at 4-2 where a glimmer of hope teased my demanding over optimism. They petered out but at least they gave it a go. In the return game at Elland Road we managed an improvement, we got a point that time.
Last season our opener was at Anfield. That performance got other clubs fans sitting up and taking notice of a crazy way of playing. We managed 3 goals and lost to a last minute penalty. It was a great introduction to the Premier League. Notes of optimism, Leeds have scored 3 goals in the opener for the last 4 years, 3 of them under Bielsa. A rare stat. People in the fantasy football circles keep on saying Leeds have a tough start to the season so many are avoiding them early on.
Leeds have been in heavy training for familiarising themselves with this years systems. Meanwhile, Manchester Uniteds new 80m Sanchos waltzes off for holiday and turns up a few days before kick off. Ole, what are you doing?
After watching the pre-season kick arounds, I’m under the impression Struijk is going to be a major factor this year. He might not start at Old Trafford but I expect him to become a crucial cog in the defence as the season rolls on. Llorente and Firpo haven’t had enough game time, due they say to small pulls. Costa and Poveda under impressed as a young lad called Summerville did all the right moves. Cresswell and Shackleton both put in good performances before they had their heads clattered and had been withdrawn from the further friendlies as a precaution.
Bamford looked sound, Phillips had a little cameo, Harrison was pillow trapping beautifully on the wing and Raphinha was over working. Forshaw’s return from injury is still in question land. I didn’t get any optimism from his performances, he still looks as though he’s trying to get back to true full fitness. Roberts looked dulled, yet you can see he understands the systems, just like Costa. Both could be on to a journey man career if they don’t create this season. Rodrigo now has a pre-season behind him and looks to be knitting in well. Klich, Dallas and Ayling are being as consistent as their rule book. Overall, an intriguing set of games, leaving us all a little unsure of what to expect this time.
My seasons expectations are graded as follows.
Top Four. Dream land and that’s where it stays.
Top Six. At a stretch with a heavy dose of luck.
7-10. I’ll take that.
10-15 Well, I think we’ve been sussed out.
16-17. Roll on next season and don’t bring in Hockaday.
18-20. Don’t go there. Pass me the whiskey.
Good luck to all you fans and the clubs you support (except when playing Leeds), I’m going to sit back and enjoy this one.
Thank you Marcelo.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

jimmy ching wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 13:36 Bielsabub Babes 197.
The new season is to start in a few days time. It has already started here in France. My county team Brest got off to a good start with a 1-1 draw away at Lyon. Could it get better for them? Well, a week on Friday somebody might be turning up to play in Brest for PSG. I get the feeling this season is going to be Messi. What does make me laugh is the French Football association just sold the Ligue 1 rights to Amazon but just a few weeks ago. Buying for pennies and selling for pounds. Did ‘unbelievable Jeff’ Bezos know something we didn’t?
That is just a minor distraction as I wait for the game on Saturday. Well, it’s a big game for us Leeds fans. Away at Old Trafford.
Last season this was our worst result, a 6-2 loss. Those first five minutes were torture. Two nil down and looking lost. Funny as it goes I did enjoy the game. There was a point at 4-2 where a glimmer of hope teased my demanding over optimism. They petered out but at least they gave it a go. In the return game at Elland Road we managed an improvement, we got a point that time.
Last season our opener was at Anfield. That performance got other clubs fans sitting up and taking notice of a crazy way of playing. We managed 3 goals and lost to a last minute penalty. It was a great introduction to the Premier League. Notes of optimism, Leeds have scored 3 goals in the opener for the last 4 years, 3 of them under Bielsa. A rare stat. People in the fantasy football circles keep on saying Leeds have a tough start to the season so many are avoiding them early on.
Leeds have been in heavy training for familiarising themselves with this years systems. Meanwhile, Manchester Uniteds new 80m Sanchos waltzes off for holiday and turns up a few days before kick off. Ole, what are you doing?
After watching the pre-season kick arounds, I’m under the impression Struijk is going to be a major factor this year. He might not start at Old Trafford but I expect him to become a crucial cog in the defence as the season rolls on. Llorente and Firpo haven’t had enough game time, due they say to small pulls. Costa and Poveda under impressed as a young lad called Summerville did all the right moves. Cresswell and Shackleton both put in good performances before they had their heads clattered and had been withdrawn from the further friendlies as a precaution.
Bamford looked sound, Phillips had a little cameo, Harrison was pillow trapping beautifully on the wing and Raphinha was over working. Forshaw’s return from injury is still in question land. I didn’t get any optimism from his performances, he still looks as though he’s trying to get back to true full fitness. Roberts looked dulled, yet you can see he understands the systems, just like Costa. Both could be on to a journey man career if they don’t create this season. Rodrigo now has a pre-season behind him and looks to be knitting in well. Klich, Dallas and Ayling are being as consistent as their rule book. Overall, an intriguing set of games, leaving us all a little unsure of what to expect this time.
My seasons expectations are graded as follows.
Top Four. Dream land and that’s where it stays.
Top Six. At a stretch with a heavy dose of luck.
7-10. I’ll take that.
10-15 Well, I think we’ve been sussed out.
16-17. Roll on next season and don’t bring in Hockaday.
18-20. Don’t go there. Pass me the whiskey.
Good luck to all you fans and the clubs you support (except when playing Leeds), I’m going to sit back and enjoy this one.
Thank you Marcelo.
Thank you for your thoughts, jimmy ching!

7-10. I’ll take that too !!!

But with 10th place we are in 2 categories...... :wink: :wink:

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 198.
That was a painful reminder of how far we’ve got to go. Another game lost without Phillips. Llorente was missing too. The crowd, 70,000 baying for blood. And they got it. They are getting used to this and they seem to like it. Another 4 goal margin defeat. The Red Devils played very well today. A Pogba/Bruno masterclass. They’ve put down their marker for title contenders. Leeds on the other hand have to sort out this second season syndrome. Three more Roses battles are up next. Everton, Burnley and Liverpool. Testing it will be.
The season starts Saturday. We’ve got a bit of a cut lip. We’ll get it looked at but I don’t think we’ll end up with gangrene.
A secret hope is it’s part of the Bielsa plan. Sacrificing three points to the biggest enemy at that. The other teams are watching and given a dose of self confidence. Maybe even a rubbing of the hands with glee as we have given a false impression of our condition.
If there is a manager that supports the players off the pitch as well as on it, they are snapped up quickly. Bielsa manages the person not the club. There are people coming and going in all divisions of the club. From the canteen to the grass cutter. This is where heavy defeats and lack of confidence count. The devil is in the detail.
It wasn’t even a difficult watch for me, I missed the second half due to family circumstances. Me, missing half a Leeds Man Utd match? Well, kids come first. The internet connection didn’t help. Yet, it probably did, I didn’t have to watch the second forty five.
Needless to say, I heard the noise, read the reports, scowered the you tubers. I didn’t even experience the high of the Ayling thunderbolt equaliser. A false dawn it was.
I’m here to enjoy myself in the Premier League. Not disheartened, just looking forward to an enjoyable smile this season on the occasional Saturday.
I felt the same when Leeds got thumped at St James’s Park 5-2 on the opening day. It’s surprising how quickly things change in football.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 199
I didn’t get to see the Everton match live. It wasn’t until Sunday that I found out the result. I was at a rural wedding and what a great experience it was. It was a marriage between a Deportivo La Coruna family and an Anderlecht one. One family had the looks of Fernandes, the other that of De Bruyne. One provided wine, the other beer. Just help yourself. I fell for the draught. Then the games started. I was Tintin and had to find five others for a photo. Melange we did.
A second draw was made. I was starting to suspect this was going to be a day of draws. I was drawn in the blue team. Band around wrist and mingle. There were also reds and yellows. It was time to do team talk and opposition intimidation. Snacks were had, drinks were downed and camaraderie built. A couple of our team were preparing the repas. They were a family from Wallis and Futuna (South Pacific) and they were making pit cooked chicken. Great technique and clever at that. So many chickens to cook at the same time. Needless to say, the Belge were making the chips. There were plenty of other alternatives in you didn’t want to be in the queue with all the kids. But these were chips made by a Belgian. Sometimes kids can show the truth and not just tell it.
The feeding was in full swing. There was an essence of spontaneity. I should imagine many fans in England were going through the same experience at the same time. Back among familiar faces and new ones. Today would be for the team. All comrades, no matter if you know them or not. We were here to enjoy ourselves and build our common future.
Amongst the bustle at the tables, a crescendo was building, an expectancy, then a woman stood up on her bench, arm aloft, glass in hand with a chanting toast to the couple. The cheering started and the chanting continued. It fascinates me this crowd and group think. It bridges cultures and brings us down to human instinct. Generally they are very pleasant experiences and ones that stick in the memory.
It was getting around to four o’clock French time and we were called to assemble in to our teams. The first challenged was laid. The loudest.
The chants, the haka’s and the grunts started.
Funnily enough the yellows were the loudest. Synchronicity strikes.
Challenge two arrived. The tug of war.
There was pulling back and forth on the grass but the blue team ended up winning. Synchronicity strikes again.
The final challenge. The bottle race.
It was going back and forth with the lead, a fall before the Reds won with a bending run.
All square, game over.
Even though I didn’t know the Everton result, I could sense it.
The music started. We had Futuna sounds, Gallician songs and Breton chants. All performed exceptionally.
The sun shone and there was a cooling breeze sweeping around the posts. The hogs were on the spit. If there ever was an omen for the season,This was a Summerville.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 200.
That was a typical 1970’s Roses battle. No space given. It doesn’t matter what sport it is, you can’t lose to a team from across the Pennines. There was no grace to be seen. Burnley played hard and brought Leeds down to their level. Barnes was so wound up with determination, it took him to the limits of the red zone.
It’s times like this where I wish there was a citing process like there is in Rugby Union. Many players are still getting away with wreckless over the top tackles. Persistent offenders in the Rugby game get eliminated over time. Not so in football, just ask Norman.
Burnley 1-1 Leeds. Yes, read that again. That is the first away draw Leeds have had since coming back up. Their first PL away draw since 2004. Overall that result was fair with Bamford opening up his scoring account with 5 minutes to go. Rodrigo looked lost, I don’t think he’s got to grips with the War of the Roses philosophy in theses types of games. There is a deep cultural zeitgeist that goes amiss for those not familiar with it’s essence. Shackleton on the other hand was brought up with it in Kippax and it showed.
Now the Leeds fans expectations have been tempered with just two points in three games some are changing to survival mode acceptance. I wouldn’t go that far as I fully expect another mid table finish with a young team that will have another seasons experience. It’s a building process. No instant pot noodles here.
When it comes to the transfer window, many of the young fans have been saying, spend, spend, spend.
Pay ‘em, get ‘em.
The older fans, mainly behind a wry smile, know the cost of that route, they’ve been there before and don’t want to do it again.
Buying experience is not the same as building it. This is where I’m happy with my club. The core of the team is being built from within with the occasional dip in to the bought experience market. It feels like a long term project of steady progress. It’s the fans patience that counts.
I’m so glad we’ve had a relatively quiet transfer period.
The buying of experienced players were James and Firpo. Even then they only have slight experience with plenty of time to improve. Just wait until Bielsa gets his hands on them.
Other transfers in were young ones for the U23’s. All would have been deeply studied by Marcelo. He doesn’t just do eye tests as the people did in the game before. I’m a fan, I still do.
The first team players to leave were Poveda to Blackburn, loan and Costa to Valencia, loan. James has been brought in for their positions, so that leaves Summerville the other challenging spot. This is what has got me excited. It shouts the potential of Summerville. Other fans are talking about Gelhardt but I think from my eye tests, it’s going to be Crysencio’s season of breakthrough.
Well there’s a stab in the dark again for a few thoughts during the International break.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

Has DICKHEAD, sorry BLOCKHEAD, decided that they're knackered, yet?

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Magic wrote: 01 Sep 2021, 13:07 Has DICKHEAD, sorry BLOCKHEAD, decided that they're knackered, yet?
Interesting point, can you expand on your argument?

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Magic wrote: 01 Sep 2021, 13:07DICKHEAD, sorry BLOCKHEAD
:lol: :lol: :lol:

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 201.
There was a wonderful addition to the English football aura on Friday evening in my village. Our village had just lost a life long Liverpool supporter. A man who when trying to learn English started listening to the radio. He fell on football commentary and discovered Stuart Hall and his ability with the English language. He listened and fell in love with the Reds and watched them rise to European domination. He always wore the scarf, that simple traditional Seventies of Red and White. Passionate he was. We miss him.
Last night a young man wearing a shirt with Henderson written on his back was drinking on the bar terrace. It wasn’t a red shirt but I presumed it must be one of those Liverpool away kits. When he turned, confirmed, I could see the badge of the liver-bird. I couldn’t resist this with the match due on Sunday. I introduced myself with a ‘Dommage pour dimanche’.
A long conversation started on the beauty of the English Premier League. I can confirm he’s in love with Liverpool. He’s never been to Anfield yet he knows it will be soon. He goes and sees them play around London as that’s where the local affordable flights go. As they say, there is one in every village, as one leaves us, another one appears.
This is the beauty of the English League.
Many are jealous, like Fifa and Uefa. The good news for the matches this weekend is that Fifa and the the South American FA’s have withdrawn the 5 day ban. At last we might see some sanity.
Raphinha will be pleased because it’s games like these that he joined the club for. Unfortunately for Leeds the decision allows the Liverpool Brazilian contingent to play as well. I’m hoping Leeds can continue with being undefeated by the top 6 at home but my optimism is a little dented by our start to this season.
Prediction. Leeds 1-2 Liverpool.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 202.
Whooped, out played and taught a lesson. It was a painful reminder of how far we have to go. The only three that put in a performance were Phillips, Meslier and the crowd. My goodness that crowd was loud.
Rodrigo failed to deliver as he squandered a great chance. Minutes later Salah was tapping in in front of the Kop. Chasing the game is not what Leeds are good at. So far this season that is all we have done. Twice we have managed a draw even though they fell behind against Everton and Burnley and in the two against Man Utd and Liverpool, we folded.
Drawing board and Rotring pens out. Check through the plans and try and find the errors. The foundations of the defence are looking very suspect at the moment. It’s not all Llorente and Koch where we are still waiting for them to gel, set and make us feel solid. To add to the misery Struijk received a three match ban for his challenge on Elliott. They are now down to the bare bones, just like poor old Harvey. I wish on him a speedy recovery.
A reshuffle is on the cards. Ayling and Cooper in to the centre doesn’t fill me with confidence. Shackleton and Dallas will be the ones earmarked for Aylings position. Surely Marcelo won’t put Rodrigo there. Joking apart, my preference would be to give Cresswell a go. He’s young, he’s inexperienced but these are the times you must step up to the plate. Fortunately it’s not Man City or Chelsea next, it’s Newcastle. Newcastle are in a similar position with injuries hitting meltdown. I’m sure both teams are relieved they are playing each other.
It’s a Friday night kick off in Newcastle and I’m sure the local police didn’t have much say. The Magpies have home advantage and a days extra rest. It’s the tweaks and the twinges that could do with a little more time, I would have preferred a Sunday kick off. Some are even worrying about Bamford.
We need to kick start the season. When perusing the fixture list, this was the point where I was expecting them to take off. The first four games were all Roses battles and I had earmarked 3-4 points, yet we only have 2.
After the opening performances, I’d be happy with a draw here.
Prediction Newcastle 2-2 Leeds.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 203.
Friday night in Newcastle has always had a good reputation. A toon of passion, loyalty and a slight ruggedness. It showed in the game. Both teams gave it a go. If you don’t try for any of these two clubs the supporters will make it clear to you. Many Leeds fans were starting to question Rodrigo. He answered them with a solid passionate display. His unselfishness of dummying a Raphinha cross which ended up in the net says it all. Team before self.
Leeds dominated the first half and should have been two nil up, as James was brought down in the box. No penalty given, just like the good old days. I broke in to singing, Blinded by the Whites to the referee, in a Manfred Man accent.
This game had a nostalgic 70’s tint to it as up steps The Saint to sort out the Equaliser. It finished 1-1 in the end, overall a fair result.
As Autumn is on the horizon, Bielsa treated us to our first view of Summerville. He made no mistakes in the 20 minutes or so he had. He was looking a little lost at first but don’t we all when making a debut. In such a passionate atmosphere I bet he felt as though his stomach was in his mouth when he came on. Once the adrenaline wore off he settled. Hopefully, this has broken him in. I’m expecting something special in the near future.
Talking about something special, it’s exactly what we need with the way the injuries are panning out. On Sunday the Leeds U23 specials put in a performance at Liverpool. McGurk and Gelthardt, both Liverpool rejects got themselves on the score sheet. Revenge and determination, me thinks. Gelhardts cheeky 40 yard lob was no fluke. His second goal was even better, a brush off, a turn and a 25 yarder in to the top left hand corner. The team was flowing. It finished 0-4 and it should have been 5 had Geldhardt not missed his penalty.
With Fulham on Tuesday and the injury list long, expect some more debutantes midweek.
Take your pick from Cresswell, Drameh, Geldhart, Kennah, McKinstry, Greenwood. Surely Drameh would love to return to his old club with a starting spot.
The Fulham game is our chance to experiment, something we need to do, so we are prepared to burst some bubbles on Saturday.
Leeds are limping at the moment, I just hope we don’t get around to using crutches.
Prediction. Fulham 1-1 Leeds, Fulham through on penalties.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 204
Well, Leeds got away with that one. Another draw, then a technical win as they won through on the penalty shoot out, 6-5. I must say well done to Geldhardt who slotted his penalty away after missing his previous two in games before. Firpo and McKinstry both slotted home well. The old heads, Dallas and Forshaw got them wrong. If there is anything we can take from this contest, it’s the development of the psyche of the up and coming. They passed their test. The young ‘uns dug out the old ‘uns.
Cresswell, Summerville and Meslier all put in confident performances. One down note of the game was Roberts. He seems to be going through a crisis. It must be noted Geldhardt did no better playing in what seems to be a cursed position of responsibility.
As I have said over the last three seasons the young defenders of Struijk and Cresswell will have a bright future in front of them. Many of the u23’s from two and three seasons ago have fallen by the wayside. Many have been loaned out and some have been sold. The two I would point to that have been sold are Casey and Huggins. Both competent players, yet the one I personally think will shine is Huggins. He might come back to haunt us.
On the loan side, there are Edmondson, Bogutz and Gotts. All have a little glint of promise as they try and hone their skills. Hope in this situation should be tempered. The only player that came back off loans and made his mark was Klich. It seems to be a rare situation. What did hurt in this situation was Leeds adding 35m to Brighton's coffers with White. Time will tell.
All eyes are on Bamford, Ayling and Raphinha for Saturday. Koch and Llorente were already on the injured list but the three aforementioned are playing a waiting game. Here’s hoping for a good report from the physios by Friday.
I’m going for the all goes well scenario and the start pushing my luck attitude. The bubbles will be burst on Saturday and Leeds achieve a 2-1 win against West Ham. It’s my fee-fees that are taking over my head.
Gulp!
MOT.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

jimmy ching wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 13:48 Bielsabub Babes 203.

Prediction. Fulham 1-1 Leeds, Fulham through on penalties.
The other way round! 8-) 8-)

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 204.
It was a poor result on Saturday. Some would say unlucky. That is now the first time since the 1930’s where we haven’t won a game in our first six league matches. It looks ominous from that perspective.
As a guide to a hitch hiker of the English football universe, I say to all you Leeds United fans,

‘Don’t Panic.’

Decimated by injuries, many supporters were expecting a pain inflicted 90 minutes.
When I first saw the West Ham line up, it was Bowen the Haunting Huller that stood out for me. He has tortured us before. As fate would have it he pushed his luck to the limits with a telling contribution to the Hammers equaliser. That was what burst the Whites bubble.
After such a convincing first half I felt we were back on track. Cresswell, a 19 year old debutante was giving Antonio a very hard time. Raphinha was producing the goods. Meslier was stopping all. Leeds were looking in control. 1-0 up at half time.
All was going reasonably well until that Bowen shot. Cruel it was but that is football. 1-1.
Then as I was settling in to accepting a well earned draw, Antonio after a performance of flaying arms decided to use his feet. 2-1, result.
I’m taking the positives from this performance because West Ham were very lucky to pinch a win.
The biggest positive was the performance of Cresswell. This guy is on an incredible learning curve. He’s reminding me of what we have seen with the development of Phillips and White. I here by stick my neck out and say, this is a future English International Player.
It was a couple of seasons or so ago I started watching the U23’s. Meslier, Struijk and Cresswell were in their development. They looked assured. At first I was getting Hugo Diaz, a Galician from La Coruna, mixed up with Struijk. Similar build, similar look. Hugo was shipped out and Struijk carried on. We are now starting to see the results of a long term analysis with physical development in the Bielsa process. It seems the development of the defence is coming on quicker than the midfield and attacking lot. One must note, the three young players that have broken in to the first team have been here longer than the other young ‘uns. Of the forwards, Summerville seems to be the first to arrive. Others like Geldhart and Greenwood are starting to knock on the door. Their hunger must be mounting.
Looking at it from this perspective it is becoming quite clear the splashing of cash in the transfer market doesn’t seem a sensible choice. Casilla, loaned, Koch and Llorente injured, Rodrigo under performing and James just being daddy. None of them have consistently contributed. I’ve got to give time for James but it’s not going to be the same amount as Bielsa gives Roberts.
Now is the time of what fpl players call a good run in a fixture analysis.
This is the time we have to pull our finger out.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 205.

Rose, the Yorkshire Rose returned. When he left, he was slim and of bon physique. He returned with a body of a rich mans indulgence. The Leeds fans weren’t as polite. He was up against our ‘Baby Shacks.’ Weight was used. On the other wing/hand James was the other Wales connection.
It’s a gravy train. But Danny loved his Yorkshire Pud as well. Times they are a changing. The computer and your apps are following you. Well most men understand that abs work with women. What are you doing? If you can merge the two. Sorted!
This is in Marcelo’s training. Look at Luke, look at Stuart. Both have been shown the way. Klich another example. Effort and understanding rewards. Marcelo is the Jordan Peterson of the football world. People will criticise his methods but they can see they are working in a whole sense of life. It’s hard to fight against. Evidence is there.
Today that was a one nil thrashing. The Hornet's were playing the same way as they are in my garden. Autumn has arrived and everything is getting slower. The Leeds game doesn’t match that though. Two Watford players suggested hamstring problems, Dallas suggested groin. It was a rainy, reasonably cold day. It was a little windy. With the heat produced by the spectators no doubt it was quite warm out there. I call physical tiredness.
The winner was scored by a returnee. Hamstrung Llorente. The goal was, Sniffer style. That was an Allan Clarke classic. The Revie days were reminiscing in my head. Cooper got away with a Revie tackle. Today I didn’t miss Harrison or Ayling. Now Bamford, that is a different question.
Chances should be taken. Are you listening Rodrigo?
And yes Rodders, I know that Stuart was served up with more but his responsibility is defence as well. It’s easy in training but this the real world.
Just do it.
Follow your instinct like Llorente does. He speaks the same language.
There we are I’ve done it, when you get a sniff, Snort!
I think it is becoming quite clear Rodrigo is not a Bamford.
He might with time but I won’t hold my breath.
Firpo, Shackleton and James all seem to be fitting in now. Ayling and Bamford are out for a while. This is Shackleton’s time.

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

Will Banford come back after the International break?

Let's hope so!

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

jimmy ching wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 21:33
Magic wrote: 01 Sep 2021, 13:07 Has DICKHEAD, sorry BLOCKHEAD, decided that they're knackered, yet?
Interesting point, can you expand on your argument?
The blockhead is an absolute jerk. nuff said.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes. 206.
For the second game running I can say that was a 1-0 trashing. This time though Leeds weren’t in it. They made Livramento and Salisu look first class. It was a frustrating day as my mind wandered in and out whilst reminiscing the good old days of 15th in the Championship. When all is said and done it looks as though we are back at square one.
Yes we miss Kalvin, Patrick and our old friend, Duracell Bunny Alioski. Rodrigo, Firpo and Roberts are finding it hard to step up to the plate. There is mounting frustration with Roberts and Rodrigo as they’ve had plenty of time to click in, Firpo is a different matter.
Marcelo is trying to have a well oiled machine with interchangeable parts. We all like the philosophy but the worry is that spare parts are that little bit different? My guess it is simply because they are human.
I was brought up on the old philosophy where each player brought something different. Lorimer could shoot, Gray could dribble, Bremner could captain, Hunter could kick, Jackie could head, Clarke could poach, Jones could set up, Giles would score the penalty. Reaney and Cooper could wing it. Yet with all this choice Bielsa would buy Madeley.
The arrival of total football from the Dutch region changed the old school philosophy. Madeley was more modern that we gave him credit for.
With that performance on Saturday all the conspiracy theories are coming out. The classics of Bielsa Burnout and 2nd Season Syndrome being added to with Vax-tigue and International wear out. Surprisingly no FA over reach accusations yet but lad’s, we’ve got to keep our traditions up.
VAR decisions are so random some people have given up on trying to understand offside. I think the Southampton screen operator got it right for apologizing for the on pitch entertainment being canceled because of Covid.
It’s on to the next and it’s a toughy. The pack of Wolves again. They doubled us last season. A point would be an improvement. No Phillips, no Bamford some might say no chance. Have faith and pray.
In Bielsa we Trust.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Bielsabub Babes 208.

The euphoria of the crowd last week after the Rodrigo injury time penalty made me worry a little. It was just a draw, yet the crowd were arms and limbing it.
Were they still under the influence of the Gelhardt performance? He definitely mesmerized a few. The team performance was worthy of a win but you don’t get points for worthiness. Wolves tried shutting the game down but to no avail. A 1-1 draw that I will take quite happily. Every point counts.
Come Tuesday night at the Emirates, the second half brought quite a few fans back to earth. Even though it was in a second grade cup competition it still gave us clues. The 2-0 defeat, one goal scored by the ex-loanee, Nketia. The youngsters are starting to get game time. Sam Greenwood, the ex-Arsenal youth got on to the pitch. The big surprise was Drameh and a good game he had. He was the victim of poor passing from his team mates yet held his own. The match itself reflected the lack of fans passion for this tournament. It doesn’t feel like do or die. The Couldn’t Care Less Cup probably needs revising.
Don’t get me wrong, I understand the function of it’s existence. It has provided a stepping stone to try and join the Elites over the years. It was Leeds first ever Cup they won. It was a mental barrier the team had to get through. Over the previous seasons, they’d lost in extra time in the FA Cup Final to Liverpool, they’d lost the Premier League on goal average to Manchester Utd. They’d reached the UEFA Fairs Cup semi’s first season then lost in the final the next. It was a bubble to be burst.
That win against Arsenal in the League Cup was quickly followed by a UEFA fairs Cup win. The Premier League title followed soon after. Yep, I’ve fond memories of it.
Norwich, Birmingham, Leicester, Stoke, Wolves, Sunderland, Swindon and even though Rochdale didn’t win it, it’s the times like this that the fans remember.
It’s back to the bread and butter on Sunday at Carrow Road. Still plagued by injuries, this is the young un’s time. The under 23’s played last night at home to Arsenal. Firpo started, Dramah wasn’t even in the squad. Cresswell played an excellent first half before being subbed. Greenwood scored but his side kick Gelthardt wasn’t playing. Arsenal ran out 4-2 winners as Leeds were using it for tuning in preparedness for the match on Sunday.
This is going to be a test of mentality rather than physical ability. Sometimes you can day dream but there is one thing I can say. Gelhardt has laid a seed in my expectations of his future. It is the way he gets the ball himself and makes things happen. Of stocky build he is.
In Bielsa we trust.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”