To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fantasy Fishing

A Forum for Fans of Other Fantasy Sports Games.
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Fantasy Fishing

Post by admin »

Copy of email received is below. Relates to a US based Fantasy Fishing competition which is free to enter (although $40 gets you access to stats and extra info) with over $1m of prize money on offer.

Intro:
http://www.fantasyfishing.com/article.cfm?newsid=146770
Rules:
http://www.fantasyfishing.com/static/officialrules.cfm

'The Promotion is void in Belgium, Burma, Cuba, Denmark, Hong Kong, Iran, Libya, Malaysia, The Netherlands, North Korea, Norway, Portugal, Sudan, Sweden, Quebec and any other state, province, country or territory where such promotions are prohibited by national, state, provincial or any other governmental laws or regulations. '

Email:

'Ever consider playing fantasy fishing? Well here's your chance and it's FREE.

Sign up now to get a chance to win the $1 million dollar Grand Prize and up to $100,000 per tournament!

Join FLW Fantasy Fishing Contest Now to win $1 million

FLW Top 10 Fantasy Fishing Anglers

Jay Yelas heads into the tournament with the bulls eye of being last season’s points leader on his back. He can best be described as a relatively consistent performer – he’s turned in eleven top ten finishes of 40 career events, which isn’t bad for the fast lane of professional fishing. The only blemish on an otherwise stellar wire to wire 2007 season for him was a very mediocre FLW Championship Tournament, where he placed 76th to net a mere $1000 – his weakest payout in four years in fishing that tournament.

Pursuing Yelas will be Shinichi Fukae. The No. 2 seeded angler last season, he finished mere points out of the top spot. He also has a few intangibles working in his favor. For one, unlike Yelas’ career, which dates back to 1997, Fukae has fished 39 events since 2004. He’s won two events and placed in the top ten a stellar eleven times. With recent experience and high productivity on his side, fantasy players should be wary of being deceived by Yelas’ number one ranking.

Plugging along in the No. 3 slot is Mark Davis. With numbers roughly comparable to the first two seeds – a career win and eight top ten placements in 36 events – Davis could contribute to a fantasy team over the season; he placed an acceptable 12th at the championship tournament last season and has seeded as high as fourth at the event in his career, so he could make a splash if everything aligns for him.

One guy who has to be assumed to have something to offer to fantasy players is David Dudley, last season’s fourth seed. A frequent competitor by virtue of having worked 119 tournaments since 1995, Dudley has shown both consistency and the ability to put up a monster weekend with 24 top ten finishes and four career wins. He’s also put up when it counts, winning the 2003 tour championship tournament.

The fifth slot went to Gabe Bolivar last year. His numbers haven’t been anything to write home about to this point – 35 tournament finishes with four top ten placements and zero wins – but he’s been around long enough that he could produce for a fantasy player willing to take a chance on him. In 2006 and 2007 he placed 23rd and 35th at the tour championship tournament, respectively, so he’s shown he isn’t completely out of his element when the chips are down.

Mark Rose’s career looks a lot like David Dudley’s, and he can be expected to be a major asset to any fantasy team he’s on over the season. He’s placed in 128 tournaments since 1995, good for fifteen top ten finishes and a single career win. His history shows him to be a solid fisherman and no one should be uncomfortable with him representing them on their team.

The seventh seed, Tennessee’s Andy Morgan, can easily be considered a top-tier player. A veteran of 155 tournaments since the ’95 campaign, he’s placed in the top ten 38 times and has shown the ability to turn in first place caliber weekend with 8 career wins. Included in his top ten finishes are a fifth and sixth showing at two of the tour championships he’s fished, and he might be worth keeping an eye on for that event this year as he tries to bounce back from his worst showing there last year, when he came in 48th.

Katsutoshi Furusawa is a fairly new addition to the tour, having worked 40 tournaments since 2002. Last season was his first as professional (rather than a co-angler) and he could do quite well on his own, with four career top ten finishes and a victory to his name.

Of similar experience to Furusawa but with a bit more historical success is the ninth slot’s Brent Ehrler. Having fished in 35 events since 2003, Ehrler has a very efficient ten top ten finishes and an impressive two career wins. At that rate, he is a virtual lock to contribute tangibly to any fantasy player who wishes to take him on.

Wrapping up the top ten is a veteran who can be expected to chip in to whichever teams he winds up on this fantasy season – John Sappington placed in the top ten eleven times since 1995 in 104 career events. His one win was a big one – the 2002 tour championship tournament. He’s another guy who, over the course of the season, will bring at least a bit of reward to players who put faith in him.

Kevin Draper is the staff writer for ProFantasySports/SportsBuff Fantasy Fishing

Join FLW Fantasy Fishing Contest Now to win $1 million'

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

I have seen almost everything now :shock:

Only Fantasy Tiddlywinks left to tick off.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Karrde wrote:I have seen almost everything now :shock:

Fantasy FISO Poker?

Schlock
Dumbledore

Post by Schlock »

Fantasy Farting?
Would you get minus points for shitting yourself & bonus points for a clean break?
I'll have to ask Uncle BFM on that one :?

Wayward Lad
FISO Knight
FS Record: 2008 AFL Dreamteam & Supercoach Double Winner..

Post by Wayward Lad »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love it

Bazzer will be in though

Its a great compy - you can sit all day in front of your PC and catch nothing :lol: :lol:

Spencer4
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2008/9 FPL 172nd, 2007/8 TFF 6th, Vid's Predictions winner 2014/5, Fiso TFF Hot shots champ 2015/6, murfs Egg chasers winner 2017 & 2024, winner PB's last man standing golf comp 2018, 2024 Fisodas champion

Post by Spencer4 »

murf wrote:
Karrde wrote:I have seen almost everything now :shock:

Fantasy FISO Poker?
There is a Fantasy poker, we all did it last year....it was hopeless.

unc
FISOhead

Post by unc »

Fantasy Ice Dance anyone?
Synchronised swimming?

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Fantasy Cricket.....?

Nah, it's a step too far. No-one would play that!! :?

Wayward Lad
FISO Knight

Post by Wayward Lad »

Fantasy fishing would be great....

Reels
Rods
Bait
Hooks
Line
Type of location
Boats

30 transfers a season, 50m budget :lol: :lol:

I would go for the £10m sunseeker ocean going cruiser and leave it at that :P

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

In Fantasy Fishing I'm buying Dot.

I'm sure he'll be expensive but I'll get loads of points from Groomyd and SOG biting when he casts his bait :wink:

Wayward Lad
FISO Knight

Post by Wayward Lad »

murf wrote:In Fantasy Fishing I'm buying Dot.

I'm sure he'll be expensive but I'll get loads of points from Groomyd and SOG biting when he casts his bait :wink:
:lol: :lol:

I would go with Baz as the cheap enabler..

dachshund
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dachshund »

Bring it on

Lake Toho Roster
Selected Anglers
1 OTT DEFOE
2 RANDY BLAUKAT
3 ART FERGUSON III
4 RANDY HADDEN
5 MELINDA MIZE HOOPER
6 RANDY MORRIS
7 CARL SVEBEK III
8 RUSTY TRANCYGIER
9 TEE WATKINS
10 HANK CHERRY
This Tournament
Summary Season
Summary
Points Rank Points Rank

unc
FISOhead

Post by unc »

I'm in

1 RUSTY TRANCYGIER HAHIRA, GA
2 JAY YELAS CORVALLIS, OR
3 CHRIS BAUMGARDNER GASTONIA, NC
4 CODY BIRD GRANBURY, TX
5 RANDY BLAUKAT JASPER, MO
6 ARCH CORNETT HUNTSVILLE, AL
7 WOO DAVES SPRING GROVE, VA
8 PAT FISHER BUCKHEAD, GA
9 CLIFFORD PIRCH PAYSON, AZ
10 KEN WICK STAR, ID

:lol:

Wayward Lad
FISO Knight

Post by Wayward Lad »

You guys.... :lol: :lol:

I will have to start watching the Bass Fishing 2008 stuff on Sky..

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

unc wrote:I'm in
6 ARCH CORNETT HUNTSVILLE, AL
Dont pick him!! He is rubbish! Everyone knows that. :shock:

dachshund
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dachshund »

Randy Hadden of Jacksonville, Fla., caught the big bass in the Pro Division on day one weighing 11 pounds, 9 ounces. He caught the behemoth on a 7-inch Berkley Power worm (junebug) that he received as a free sample during registration.

Come on Randy!!!!

unc
FISOhead

Post by unc »

dachshund wrote:Randy Hadden of Jacksonville, Fla., caught the big bass in the Pro Division on day one weighing 11 pounds, 9 ounces. He caught the behemoth on a 7-inch Berkley Power worm (junebug) that he received as a free sample during registration.

Come on Randy!!!!
Damn those power worms.

Looks like I've gone and got meself the wrong Randy :twisted:

Wayward Lad
FISO Knight

Post by Wayward Lad »

unc wrote:
dachshund wrote:Randy Hadden of Jacksonville, Fla., caught the big bass in the Pro Division on day one weighing 11 pounds, 9 ounces. He caught the behemoth on a 7-inch Berkley Power worm (junebug) that he received as a free sample during registration.

Come on Randy!!!!
Damn those power worms.

Looks like I've gone and got meself the wrong Randy :twisted:
I thought they were all called Randy or Billy Joe Bubba :?

unc
FISOhead

Post by unc »

1,510 points. Beat that Suckers!

57th percentile. Hmm - maybe not so hot. Winner of Lake Toho got 5,200 odd points.

3rd April is the next tournament. Tune in for adrenelene fuelled fishing action.

Bring it on...
Last edited by unc on 05 Mar 2008, 13:16, edited 1 time in total.

dachshund
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dachshund »

2,208 points!

Winner of that stage got $100,000.

Part of me thinks that is if a few of us put the time and effort in, a syndicate could have a real chance of some big money

unc
FISOhead

Post by unc »

Damn - outmanouvered by Knulpuk's 'post then delete' tactic. gotta get rid of this one quick...

Nice edit yourself - cheers :lol:
Last edited by unc on 05 Mar 2008, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.

Knulpuk
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ultra ultra consistent (see above)

Post by Knulpuk »

Nice edit unc

:wink:

unc
FISOhead

Post by unc »

Knulpuk wrote:Nice edit unc

Cheers,

did I get away with it?

Dread to think what banner ad's would come up if that had stayed there :oops:

Knulpuk
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ultra ultra consistent (see above)

Post by Knulpuk »

Job done

Trust me it was a :lol:

Flyman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO FPL Knockout Cup Winner 08; 5th Overall Sky Sports Euro 12

Post by Flyman »

Am I too late for this one? Can't believe I missed a fantasy fishing game! :(

unc
FISOhead

Post by unc »

Registration has closed I think. Not sure whether you can register just for subsequent rounds.

I know nothing about the sport (is it even a sport ? :wink: ) - just registered for a laugh . Any tips appreciated, although a detailed knowledge of US sport fishing would be required.

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

unc wrote:Registration has closed I think. Not sure whether you can register just for subsequent rounds.

I know nothing about the sport (is it even a sport ? :wink: ) - just registered for a laugh . Any tips appreciated, although a detailed knowledge of US sport fishing would be required.
Aye, that's the problem, unc, these guys fish for freshwater bass, a species we don't have in the UK, so I'm almost as much in the dark as you. And their competition fishing is big bucks over there! In Britain, how many have ever heard of 4 times Coarse Angling World Champion, Bob Nudd MBE?

Having said that, I've read a bit about bass fishing and know about spinning, flyfishing, baits, lures, etc., so if there's any terminology I can help you all with, just ask.
Tight lines, y'all.

unc
FISOhead

Post by unc »

Thanks Flyman.

Probably stick to my current tactic of just picking amusing or appropriate names though - sounds too complicated for me otherwise.

Mr Fisher sounded like he must know what he was doing. This was proved right when he was my only player (?) who made the cut. :lol:

Flyman
FISO Knight

Post by Flyman »

unc wrote:
Probably stick to my current tactic of just picking amusing or appropriate names though - sounds too complicated for me otherwise.

Mr Fisher sounded like he must know what he was doing. This was proved right when he was my only player (?) who made the cut. :lol:
You'd have thought that Mr. Pirch might have cut the mustard as well, eh? :lol:

unc
FISOhead

Post by unc »

Flyman wrote:
unc wrote:

You'd have thought that Mr. Pirch might have cut the mustard as well, eh? :lol:
Clearly the exception that proves the rule?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Other Fantasy Competitions”