To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2013-14 Tote Ten to Follow * Jumps *

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Horse Racing games.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Re: 2013-14 Tote Ten to Follow * Jumps *

Post by Ashers »

oh, I have Cue Card.

I did not notice that I put him in. :D :D :D

stevejtr
Grumpy Old Cereal Killer
FS Record: I always liked the old Tele FA Cup competition...

Post by stevejtr »

Striker wrote:Not so sure about that Steve. Horses which are "hunted" round Aintree sometimes surprise. I'd be more concerned about his jumping than anything else. He'd also never be on my radar for the National if he'd run in the Gold Cup 3 weeks before.

As regards the comments on how a professional jockey could improve his performance, I'm very much with you. SW-C isn't as strong or as polished as the likes of McCoy in a driving finish, but he is a good horseman. So often the difference is unlikely to affect the placings.

Even if one of the top boys was on Long Run, it would only marginally affect my view of whether or not he was value in a given race.

As an aside, it would have been a nightmare result for many of us with respect to the TTTF if Long Run had won today. Most of my lines apart from having the winner, on average had just under 1.5 losers. To have had an average of almost 2.5 losers in every line and no winners would have been pretty miserable.
Agree re the gold cup. Made that mistake many years ago with Cool Ground. Was on at 50's ante post and rather pleased with meself. Right up until it ran in and won the Gold Cup.

Long Run is always ridden up with the pace; not really the sort to be hunted round first circuit IMO and given the inevitable weight it will get if they did try being off the pace I could see it being too far adrift by the time they get to Bechers second time around cos of the jumping errors. Once you get over the canal turn its difficult to make up a lot of ground and even if it did get the trip would be likely to be staying on past beaten horses into 5th or 6th rather than challenging.

Had 3 in the Betfair yesterday but not the winner...

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

I agree with much of what you say. But you don't have to be in the rear to hunt round the Aintree course. Even though the National has become a much classier race in recent years, they still don't go at the pace of high class 3 mile races, or even 3 miles 2f+, that Long Run is used to.

When I was a boy, back in the dark ages, some people held a rather perverse theory, that some 2 milers had a better chance of staying the 4.5 miles of the National than some experienced 3 mile chasers. I can't remember the logic, but whether or not a horse stays at Aintree is sometimes far from obvious before the event. So I'm not prepared to write Long Run off, after all the much maligned SW-C (who is admired by many of the top jockeys although not by some members of the press) is a pretty decent rider over the National course.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

So apart from Cue Card and Annie Power, are there any horses that people are regretting not picking?

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Striker wrote:I agree with much of what you say. But you don't have to be in the rear to hunt round the Aintree course. Even though the National has become a much classier race in recent years, they still don't go at the pace of high class 3 mile races, or even 3 miles 2f+, that Long Run is used to.

When I was a boy, back in the dark ages, some people held a rather perverse theory, that some 2 milers had a better chance of staying the 4.5 miles of the National than some experienced 3 mile chasers. I can't remember the logic, but whether or not a horse stays at Aintree is sometimes far from obvious before the event. So I'm not prepared to write Long Run off, after all the much maligned SW-C (who is admired by many of the top jockeys although not by some members of the press) is a pretty decent rider over the National course.
Long Run is a classy horse and he could win any race and that is the interesting part about him.

He is as likely to win a race and put up a decent round of jumping as he is to hit every fence and come fourth.

Will be interesting to see where he goes next.

stevejtr
Grumpy Old Cereal Killer

Post by stevejtr »

MTOY wins the Fighting Fifth. AFC blunders when every chance :cry:

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Bet Details Date/Time Stake Return
Triolo D'Alene @ 21.00
£1.00  Single 30/11/2013 14:58:51 1.00 21.00

Was going to put him in my one tentofollow entry then he was a non runner in the Paddy Power.

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

1 Triolo D'Alene 3.00 Newbury 21.00 Won
2 My Wigwam Or Yours 3.10 Bangor 3.00 Lost
3 Bitofapuzzle 3.45 Bangor 3.00 Won
4 Full Shift 3.15 Newcastle 1.80 Won
5 Coyaba 3.25 Towcester 4.00 Won
Just the very minimum 15p doubles and 30p acca plus the wigwam race winner was a pickable one.

stevejtr
Grumpy Old Cereal Killer

Post by stevejtr »

Champagne Fever turned over, likewise The New One. But MTOY and Silviniaco win. Interesting day. My one line looks pants :lol:

Long Run just couldn't go the pace. Apart from the blunders towards the end didn't run a bad national trial tbh. Still wouldn't back it, mind

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Just checked and I am 107th. :D

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

My * horse won - Bobsworth :D

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Now in 33rd.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Just missed out on the monthly 10k prize :(

Takeshi Kovacs
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Takeshi Kovacs »

Unlucky and good effort.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Moved up to 20th. :D

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Still only 30 points behind 1st and only 14 behind 10th. :D

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

What's your team name? Interesting to compare our teams as no transfers are allowed.

I've been losing ground in the last couple of weeks but although about 30 points behind yourself, I'm still hoping for an exciting Cheltenham week, and possibly beyond.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Mine is 2153 Team

I could have easily been in first with this team if I had picked Annie Power or Oscar Whiskey.

Personally, don't think I have enough different races covered at Cheltenham.

Having no SS or Ryanair horse could hurt.

What is your team called?

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Ashers wrote:Mine is 2153 Team

I could have easily been in first with this team if I had picked Annie Power or Oscar Whiskey.

Horseshoes followed by a number, 1 to 12. Currently Horsehoes11 is my best team but if luck was to run my way and I was to finish in the top ten, I doubt that it would be my best team. Inter alia, it has two "dead" horses. (not literally).

As regards your sentence that I've bolded, that's a common feeling unfortunately. :cry:

If only I'd swopped my two star horses in my best two teams, instead of current scores of 414 and 408, they would be 507 and 315. While one would be much lower, the other would be leading by 34 pts. :oops:

How many entries do you have?

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Striker wrote:
Ashers wrote:Mine is 2153 Team

Horseshoes followed by a number, 1 to 12. Currently Horsehoes11 is my best team but if luck was to run my way and I was to finish in the top ten, I doubt that it would be my best team. Inter alia, it has two "dead" horses. (not literally).

As regards your sentence that I've bolded, that's a common feeling unfortunately. :cry:

If only I'd swopped my two star horses in my best two teams, instead of current scores of 414 and 408, they would be 507 and 315. While one would be much lower, the other would be leading by 34 pts. :oops:

How many entries do you have?
Only two.

Was not going to enter and at 9.50, I gave in and entered two teams after spending the previous week researching horses.

2151 - which I literally choose in 30 seconds and went with horses that I thought could win at Cheltenham (most of that team are now injured)

and

2153 - I had picked this team over the week and had done a lot of research (still misses Annie Power though). :(

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Sprinter Sacre is out of Cheltenham.

Now just need Sire De Grugy to fail to win the champion chase.

SamD
FISO Knight

Ten to Follow status

Post by SamD »

With 15 days to Cheltenham it's unlikely anything bound for the Festival will run again beforehand.

Overall top five:
1st rogers8, 481.5 points
2nd The Warren, 473
3rd GingerBeard436, 467.52
4th glen toby 8, 464.9
5th IncaForever20, 464.1

And based on thread info, known Fiso placings:
28th 2153 Team, 446.8 (Ashers)
8,845th Horseshoes 1, 289.5 (Striker)
26,414th Forever Changes, 187.8 (own solitary/sad effort...)
Any others?

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Striker has a team in 160th.

Horseshoes 11

SamD
FISO Knight

* Jumps *

Post by SamD »

Thanks; no.11 didn't show up on initial search. Good luck with 2153 team.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

My differential Cue Card is out - can't see that I have much of a chance now :(

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Ashers wrote:My differential Cue Card is out - can't see that I have much of a chance now :(
Wouldn't exactly describe Cue Card as a differential as he is the 12th most popular horse in the comp, and FWIW :cry: is in the majority of my lines.

However your chance hasn't been reduced this week as the defection of Sprinter Sacre, (was it freakish luck or total genius that SS wasn't in your team :wink:), means that you might just strike it lucky with Arvika Ligeonierre in the Queen Mother.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Striker wrote:
Ashers wrote:My differential Cue Card is out - can't see that I have much of a chance now :(
Wouldn't exactly describe Cue Card as a differential as he is the 12th most popular horse in the comp, and FWIW :cry: is in the majority of my lines.

However your chance hasn't been reduced this week as the defection of Sprinter Sacre, (was it freakish luck or total genius that SS wasn't in your team :wink:), means that you might just strike it lucky with Arvika Ligeonierre in the Queen Mother.
Agree, but most of the teams above me do not have Cue Card.

Decided against SS this year as I thought Simonsig / CC would take points from him this season.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Annie Power vs Big Bucks in then World Hurdle.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Was going great guns in these and had a chance of winning as long as three horses failed to win at Cheltenham and Arvika Legionnaire won.

Annie Power.
Jezki
Sire De Grugy

The Jezki one killed any chance I had and found myself dropping from 28th to outside the top 200 with just him winning and then Sire De Grugy beating Arvika Legionnaire confirmed this even further.

Great showing though and happy to have stayed inside the top 30 for so long and rising to 11th during January.

Bring on the flat season.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Like you Ashers my TTTF would have been so different if Champagne Fever and At Fishers Cross had won. Both my star horses Sire de Grugy and Bsllynagour came good but were let down by Champagne Fever.

Actually I had a bit of a bummer in The Jumps, finishing a very very close 5th but with £100,000 for first and £50,000 for second and no other prizes I might as well have finished 500th. :cry: :cry:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Horse Racing”