To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Gameweek 23

A Fantasy Football forum for Player Manager.
Player Manager
Wideboy

Gameweek 23

Post by Player Manager »

Player Manager tip: Smarter than the average bear? Then double-up. On your "Play Solo" screen, you can enter up to three different double-up leagues (50, 100 or 150 credits). The middle (median) of all your Solo League scores is used as your score in any Double Up League. If your score is more than the whole League's middle (median) score, you win. Bottom pays top. Double your money. Easies.

Check out an example here.

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Re: Gameweek 23

Post by chrismar »

I won in the double up league last week. I had 6 teams so is the mean of my 3rd and 4th best teams used as the average?

Secondly, if 3 people were in a double up league I assume the one coming 2nd would just get their credits back after neither winning or losing. Correct?

Player Manager
Wideboy

Post by Player Manager »

chrismar wrote:I won in the double up league last week. I had 6 teams so is the mean of my 3rd and 4th best teams used as the average?

Secondly, if 3 people were in a double up league I assume the one coming 2nd would just get their credits back after neither winning or losing. Correct?
That's right - the middle (median) score in your example would be half-way between your 3rd and 4th score.

And, no, the double-up doesn't currently work that way if there is a person bang in the middle. But we like your idea and we'll make that change. The double-up leagues were designed to offer you guys another way to enjoy the game - not to be cash positive in itself - so thanks for the idea.

Best
Jason

Player Manager
Wideboy

Post by Player Manager »

Hey FISOers

Just wanted to let you know about an improvement we've made. One of the comments we heard from the last gameweek (with the double fixture) was that it was a bit clunky having to scroll down the master player list to look at the Liverpool and Blackpool players.

We agreed. So your Player Station has a brand new "club" filter on it.

Hope you like it.

Jason

Player Manager
Wideboy

Post by Player Manager »

One last thing FISOers

@Chrisharry12345 asked me if we could give you some more info about the season leaderboard's Top 10 going into this weekend.

No problem:

Good luck
Jason

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

excellent thanks very much

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

So how many gameweeks can we lose if we play every week till the end of the season. Is it 5 :?:

London Pat
Red & Blue Braces

Post by London Pat »

Player Manager wrote:One last thing FISOers

@Chrisharry12345 asked me if we could give you some more info about the season leaderboard's Top 10 going into this weekend.

No problem:

Good luck
Jason
Hi Jason,

This is really useful - thanks. :) Would be great if we could see this updated every week and also include those bubbling under the top 10. Don't mind if it's on the PM site or on here.

Pat

Player Manager
Wideboy

Post by Player Manager »

chrismar wrote:I won in the double up league last week. I had 6 teams so is the mean of my 3rd and 4th best teams used as the average?

Hey @chrismar, we've been looking further into the double-up alternative. Take the following scenario:

League: 201 entrants
One person's median score is 200
One hundred people have equal median scores of 210
One hundred people have equal median scores of 220
Median of league = 210 (the middle score)

If we were to refund all those with that median score, only 1 of the top 100 would be paid by a league entrant (the person scoring 200) - the others would be paid by us.

Under our current rules, all of the top 100 would be paid by league entrants, which is really how its meant to be. Yes, we'd pocket one entry fee if there is an odd number of entrants, but we think this is the best approach (consider it a token admin fee if it happens!).

Jason

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Post by chrismar »

In that instance, with a large number of entries, a clause in the T&C'scould be written in to avoid such a situation.

Take a more probable situation (at present). 3 people enter the double-up league for a 50/50 chance of winning. One wins, one loses, one pays £5 to you meaning only a 33% chance of winning and 67% chance of losing.

An admin fee of 0.5% is one thing but when it is 33% and a league not available to view I don't think it's worth it.

A reasonable level should be looked at like a league of less than 10 players (9, 7, 5 or 3) the median should be refunded but any more then an admin fee would be perfectly reasonable. Until then, I'll save my fiver.

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

I thought those that finished in the places other than 1st and last got there money refunded! I thin kyou need to show the doubleup table each week.. even if its just on here

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Player Manager”