To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Gameweek 22

A Fantasy Football forum for Player Manager.
Player Manager
Wideboy

Gameweek 22

Post by Player Manager »

Player Manager Tip: Examine your snapshot screen carefully for teams with double fixtures in the gameweek. This gameweek sees Liverpool and Blackpool double-up and so demand (and, therefore, price) may be higher for the likes of Gerrard, Torres, Adam, Evatt and Skrtel. Of course, you could always over-inflate the prices of those very players to try and take up more of your competitors' salary cap, leaving more room for you to grab other players; but you wouldn't do that, would you.....

Nice to see (London) Pat from Fantasy Stakes playing at Player Manager. Looking forward to seeing what you guys have planned for the future.

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

Re: Gameweek 22

Post by bennyc »

Why is the Liverpool vs Blackpool fixture included in this game round :shock:

It's eight days away - different week.

Seems odd.

Player Manager
Wideboy

Post by Player Manager »

bennyc wrote:Why is the Liverpool vs Blackpool fixture included in this game round :shock:

It's eight days away - different week.

Seems odd.
Hey bennyc

The timing is indeed odd but we felt that this fixture was the catch-up addition to tonight's games, as opposed to a solitary game leading off next week before all other teams play 3 days later at the usual Saturday slot.

Just took a look at fpl - they've done the same.

Best
Jason

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

Fair enough Jason.

Will be very interesting to see what Torres and Gerrard go for :lol:

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

especially if someone bid 51mil for a player last week ;)

Player Manager
Wideboy

Post by Player Manager »

bennyc wrote:Fair enough Jason.

Will be very interesting to see what Torres and Gerrard go for :lol:
Agreed. Torres was one of 3 players to average over £20m last gameweek: £25m. Gerrard went for an average of £17m.

So, what do FISOers predict Torres and Gerrard will go for tonight? Will we see £30m busted?

Jason

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

If I paid 51m for Berbatov last week, I am expecting to pay a damn sight more tonight :lol:

hang on what time is the cut off, better check :lol:

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

So weve got one of the seasons crocks gerrard who could go off after 10min injured again and torres who cant score away from home...

i reckon at least 30mil each lol

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

not a single gerrard or torres for me! :(

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

I have 1 in most of my teams, no teams with both probably due to the fact they averaged anything between 45-55m each :lol:

Must say very happy with all my teams and hoping for a big week

9 out of 9 entered btw :mrgreen:

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

I only got in 8 leagues :x

pretty happy with my teams though plenty of liverpool and blackpool players

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Post by chrismar »

6 out of 16 :( . Liverpool and Blackpool are overrated. Nani for 1m a nice bargain in 2 teams and Hangeland doing well. Pity i'm an idiot and have Rooney in most teams.

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Post by chrismar »

253 with Adam to play is my best.

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

352 best for me. Best week so far. Thanks to Hangeland, Nani and Hernandez for that :mrgreen:

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

144 is my best.. thanks to another shite liverpool performance!

My best chance to catch up a bit is 124 with Aurelio, Agger, G Johnson, Maxi, Vaughan and Dj Campbell to play

Best I can hope for is a liverpool cleanie and a defender goal but on last nights performance thats not going to happen :lol:

Defender goals + Cleanie is 80pts.. Thats pretty huge when you think A striker with a hattrick is less

Player Manager
Wideboy

Post by Player Manager »

Chrisharry12345 wrote:144 is my best.. thanks to another shite liverpool performance!

My best chance to catch up a bit is 124 with Aurelio, Agger, G Johnson, Maxi, Vaughan and Dj Campbell to play

Best I can hope for is a liverpool cleanie and a defender goal but on last nights performance thats not going to happen :lol:

Defender goals + Cleanie is 80pts.. Thats pretty huge when you think A striker with a hattrick is less
Interesting point Chris about the 80 pts for def goal + clean sheet (and 90 mins played). A defender gets 50 pts for a goal and striker gets 20 pts. In other words, 5 str goals = 2 def goals. Looked at another way, a striker getting 20 goals in a season is the same amount of points as a defender getting 8 goals.

At this (roughly) half-way point in the season, there are already 3 strikers with more than 10 goals but only 1 defender with 4 - Huth.

The answer may not be as simple as "buy Huth" - both Vidic and Baines have outscored him this season in terms of Player Manager points. And even if the answer was "buy Huth", it may reflect in his price - we like that prices in Player Manager reflect the underlying demand, as opposed to being fixed to some arbitrary value.

Ultimately, we wanted defender points to reflect the scarcity of defender goals (balance between risk and reward). I think its working out as we hoped.

But I'd love to hear other points of view.

Jason

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

I agree Jason, I think the amount you pay each week for players reflects there popularity.

The obvious choices this week were Gerrard and Torres with 2 games but they went at top price 45-55m in the teams I got them, but after paying 51m for Berbatov the week before I thought that was quite cheap :lol:

I think I have worked out the best way to get most of the players I want now, unfortunately they keep letting me down :roll:

I also think you have nailed this game in terms of enjoyment and offering something a little different to other games, the only thing you need to find now is how to get more players on a regular basis.
Unfortunately the seasonal prize became out of reach for most people within a few weeks of this game going live and you need to find a way that people can win a decent amount in a week or month to really kick this game on between now and the end of the season.

I for one am only interested in the seasonal prizes and any credits I win in the week just get ploughed back into the following weeks game instead of paying for them, I am sure its the same for the majority of your regulars atm aswell.

A seasonal prize next season will definitely get in more customers but the key is getting people into the game asap ready for a healthy customer rise when the new seasonal game kicks off.

Good stuff though Jason :D

EDIT: A weekly and monthly competition along the same lines as the seasonal game should do the trick.

Say £5 entry for the weekly, £10 entry for the monthly and then the cost of your teams are separate the same as the seasonal.

If you keep those apart so your weekly teams would not count for the monthly or the seasonal, so in theory you would have to enter 3 different pools of players if you wanted to be involved in all 3 :idea:

May take a little development on your part but would be worthwhile imo :D

ps I will only take 10% of your profits for my idea :wink: :lol:

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Ronny, fancy doing a private monthly league ie a league compromising of the next 4 rounds? but just let anyone on here join? £10 entry could be a decent prize for first if we all get involved? We could just bulk invite everyones usernames we can see on the site? Obviously with the scores not counting towards the seasonal but could be interesting

EDIT im setting one up now :)

@Jason I agree I think the balance is close to being right but maybe a 10 points hattrick bonus would even it up at 80points for a cleanie and goal and 80points for a hatrick? Or reduce the defender goal to 40points?

For next season obviously though, wouldnt be fair this season ;)

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

I am up for that Chris. Will we just send you £10 then :?:

Just 1 team each per week :?:

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

iv sent you an invite on pm? might betwo there by mistake?

Jason how can you invite more people after the original ones i have invited?

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

OK, so its set up as a 4 week comp on the website then, so do we then enter a new team each week or does the same team get used for all 4 weeks :?:

Player Manager
Wideboy

Post by Player Manager »

@Ronny10 - thanks for the ideas. We're not working on the assumption that we have to wait until next season for all ideas.

@Chris - like the idea of the hat-trick bonus - we've added that to the list. Also, you can't add players to a league once its been created - we knew about this early on and would definitely look at changing that in future. However, if you need any adjustments, or other help, with friends leagues, just PM me.

@Ronny - in a friends league, a new team (just one) is generated each gameweek. It gets quite interesting here - as you may have some insight into the player lists of your competitors and can try and use that to your advantage - although they'll be doing the same - its a game theorists dream.

For those reading, the invitations to the league from Chris may end up in over-zealous spam folders. Please take a look and unspam it if it happens!

Best
Jason

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Player Manager wrote:.

@Ronny - in a friends league, a new team (just one) is generated each gameweek. It gets quite interesting here - as you may have some insight into the player lists of your competitors and can try and use that to your advantage - although they'll be doing the same - its a game theorists dream.
So we pay £10 at the start and thats it cost wise, but each week we can change our player pool as per the norm.

Is it a seperate player pool from the normal game or the same one :?:

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

yeah you pay the £10 ronny and that lasts 4 rounds

Im presuming its the same player pool?

I messed up that league so jasons deleting it and ill start a new one

Player Manager
Wideboy

Post by Player Manager »

Just the one player list guys - used for solo games or games with friends. Of course, expect the players you end up with to be different.

Chris - you're good to go.

Jason

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

Jason - any chance of doing a scoring breakdown of everyones cumulative score?

Not vital now but will be very useful towards the end of the season when peoples lowest scores start dropping off.

Player Manager
Wideboy

Post by Player Manager »

bennyc wrote:Jason - any chance of doing a scoring breakdown of everyones cumulative score?

Not vital now but will be very useful towards the end of the season when peoples lowest scores start dropping off.
I think its a good idea and was discussing the practicalities with the team today. We're looking into it.

Best
Jason

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Player Manager”