To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Gameweeks 19 & 20

A Fantasy Football forum for Player Manager.
Player Manager
Wideboy

Gameweeks 19 & 20

Post by Player Manager »

Player Manager tip: Keep your eyes on the fixture list over this festive period. The current gameweek closes on Sunday morning (December 26) with the last game of the gameweek being played on the 27th (Arsenal v Chelsea: hopefully a Christmas cracker). Don't get caught out - December 28 is a lightning turnaround. We'll be validating scores and winnings for Gameweek 19 that morning before closing Gameweek 20 at 11.30am. The first kick-offs of Gameweek 20 are at 3pm that afternoon.

GW19: Open now. Closing Sunday Dec 26, 11.30am
GW20: Open Sunday Dec 26, 11:30am. Closing Tuesday Dec 28, 11.30am

FISOers, we'll be running the game like clockwork over the busy fixture period but will be more limited in our ability to tread these boards. We'll read your posts eventually so please keep your questions and excellent feedback coming.

We hope you enjoy the festive season
Jason, on behalf of The Player Manager Team

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

Re: Gameweeks 19 & 20

Post by bennyc »

Jason - considering games on the 28th start at 3pm at the earliest would it not be more sensible to make the cut off slightly later (1pm)?

This would give you more time to settle the previous round and customers more time to wait for winnings to be credited and submit teams?

Just a suggestion. I understand if that's not possible.

Also does the overall leaderboard still contain scores from last weekend? I'm sure I was 4th prior to kick off?

Player Manager
Wideboy

Post by Player Manager »

bennyc wrote:Jason - considering games on the 28th start at 3pm at the earliest would it not be more sensible to make the cut off slightly later (1pm)?

This would give you more time to settle the previous round and customers more time to wait for winnings to be credited and submit teams?

Just a suggestion. I understand if that's not possible.

Also does the overall leaderboard still contain scores from last weekend? I'm sure I was 4th prior to kick off?
Thanks for the heads-up on the overall leaderboard, bennyc - its displaying correctly now.

And we like the idea of extending the deadline to 1pm - we've made the change you suggested.

Confirming for all:

GW19: Open now. Closing Sunday Dec 26, 11.30am
GW20: Open Sunday Dec 26, 11:30am. Closing Tuesday Dec 28, 1.00pm

Enjoy
Jason

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

Excellent stuff Jason, other games could take a leaf out of you and your teams efforts to take on board the customers ideas.

I hope you get rewarded with plenty of new customers over the next few weeks and hopefully come the new season this game will really kick into gear :mrgreen:

Merry xmas to you and the team :D

ps still think you should take out injured/suspended players though :P :lol:

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

ronny10 wrote:Excellent stuff Jason, other games could take a leaf out of you and your teams efforts to take on board the customers ideas.

I hope you get rewarded with plenty of new customers over the next few weeks and hopefully come the new season this game will really kick into gear :mrgreen:

Merry xmas to you and the team :D

ps still think you should take out injured/suspended players though :P :lol:

Seconded. You've done a great job at dealing with everyone who's put forward suggestions.

My concern for you is that you get the number of punters that you deserve. Effectively anyone entering after this week can't compete for the seasonal prize.

Therefore I have another radical suggestion - and I'm fully aware Chrisharry is going to have something to say about this :lol: - if you changed it to best 15 weekly scores and really have a marketing push over the next month then you could get a lot more people involved and make the game more profitable.

Everyone on here likes making money but I think I speak for everyone when I say we want the good games to succeed and stick around for a while.

If you're happy to see what happens this season and hope you make money then fair play to you but if not then maybe engage in some chat and see what can be done to get more people involved.

Merry Xmas to you :D

Odds on the next person to post on this thread -

1/10 Chrisharry :lol:
5/1 Player Manager
8/1 Ronny

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

I will take that 8/1 Benny :lol:

I don't really think they can change the seasonal ruling now, although it is a good idea for getting more players.

What about a monthly prize for the best score over each month but make it a seperate thing from the seasonal table. So effectively if you wanted to play for the monthly prize you would have to enter separate teams from the seasonal ones.

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

ronny10 wrote:I will take that 8/1 Benny :lol:

I don't really think they can change the seasonal ruling now, although it is a good idea for getting more players.

What about a monthly prize for the best score over each month but make it a seperate thing from the seasonal table. So effectively if you wanted to play for the monthly prize you would have to enter separate teams from the seasonal ones.

I'll send you the cash Ronny as soon as Totel pay up :lol: :wink:

Fair enough about the seasonal long game. I agree about creating new types of game to get new people in.

£10 entry for monthlies might be a good way to go yeah.

Anything that helps the game move forward is positive in my view :mrgreen:

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

dont be silly benny you cant change the t+c's to 15 rounds halfway through the season ;)

That would be harsh beyond belief!

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

Chrisharry12345 wrote:dont be silly benny you cant change the t+c's to 15 rounds halfway through the season ;)

That would be harsh beyond belief!

Thought you might say that with a 400 point lead :wink:

Terms and conditions don't mean sh*t Chris we both know that :lol:

It was merely a suggestion to help grow the game. I've put forward other suggestions that are more likely to appeal to people.

Want to see the game grow that's all. Still feel back for the guy running Fantasy Stakes. Good guy, good game, shame it went down.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Yep, similar to the seasonal (but obviously the prize would be alot smaller) and entry fee's paid would top up the prize.

You could even have a weekly pool also.

I think all these things are a possibility when more people start to play.

I also think the limited size of the leagues may put some people off, especially having missed the boat with the seasonal pool. I think they PM would benefit from having an unlimited player league (but only one team per account), if you got say 20-25 players entering to start with at £5 a go, I think you would soon see more people join in with the prospect of a larger prize.

At the minute those of us playing now are just hoping to win extra credits for teams to target the seasonal prize, winning a decent amount of money when not involved in the seasonal prize is basically very tough and would take a good while.

EDIT: oooops forgot about the pool of players that basically restricts the amount of players per league :oops: :lol:

looks like its a monthly pool, although a weekly pool is also an idea

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Post by chrismar »

Bad week 19 for me as I think I forgot to save my player picks. My team in the 15 team league is oddly my best of 10. I bet that doesn't happen often this season.

It would be useful later in the season to see a list of how season points are made up so that we know what we need to beat each week in order to improve our overall totals.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

I think I would be beating CH if I had realised before today that you can rank your players :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

No wonder my plan wasn't quite working how I thought it might. You are all in a world of trouble now :twisted:

How many gameweeks are left? I need to know how many of my crap weeks I can get rid of :wink:

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

ronny10 wrote:I think I would be beating CH if I had realised before today that you can rank your players :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

No wonder my plan wasn't quite working how I thought it might. You are all in a world of trouble now :twisted:

How many gameweeks are left? I need to know how many of my crap weeks I can get rid of :wink:

:lol: :lol:

19 weeks left Ronny so you can bin all bar one of them.

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

I do enjoy a good laugh in the morning ronny :lol:

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

bennyc wrote:
ronny10 wrote:I think I would be beating CH if I had realised before today that you can rank your players :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

19 weeks left Ronny so you can bin all bar one of them.
Its no problem then, that jackpot prize is as good as mine.

Its amazing how much better my teams look now I have ranked them in order of preference :lol:

ps Have your laugh while you can Chris :P :wink: :mrgreen:

London Pat
Red & Blue Braces

Post by London Pat »

OK, a bit of help from regulars please.....

I entered a 5-player, a 10-player, a 15-player and a double-up. However, when I check the Gameweek Results I can only find a 5-payer league.

Am I missing something obvious? There are no other leagues visible from the drop-down. :?

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

You won't get put in every league you request due to a lack of players at the moment. I also asked for a 15 man league but didn't get in, perhaps not enough requests for a 15 man league :( .

I got in a 10 man league, you obviously missed out :!:

London Pat
Red & Blue Braces

Post by London Pat »

OK, thanks, ronny. It appears there are very few of us playing this game. :?:

I've received a refund for two of the leagues but have been charged for the double-up, though I can't see that anywhere. Do you know if the double-ups should also appear in League Results?

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Post by chrismar »

Hi Pat

Hopefully Jason can help on the double up league.

I'm only in 5 player leagues this gameweek. There aren't a huge number of players of this game. Probably less than 50 at the moment but with most of these being multi entrants, the number of leagues have been increasing weekly, which is good as it's a good game.

Chris

PS Any news on Fantasy Stakes? We're all missing it!

London Pat
Red & Blue Braces

Post by London Pat »

Lol, maybe shouldn't mention FS in the thread for another game! :oops: But since you ask, I'll ask Stakesy to post something in our forum just to keep people updated. :wink:

With regard to Player Manager, if there are just lots of multis but I can't get in a 10- or 15-player league, does that mean everyone is just going for 5-player leagues? If I enter in future I'd like to know that I'm going to get my teams in!

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

I think most people just go for the 5 player leagues. Also went for the 15 player but didnt get in one.. i think only about half the gameweeks so far had a 15 player league

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

best score of the week guys?

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

shit. Utd conceding the late equalizer screwed me :roll:

Liverpool didn't help either :x

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar

Post by chrismar »

Chrisharry12345 wrote:best score of the week guys?
2nd with 164, 2 more 2nds with less points and 3rd with 166. Don't think i'll be troubling you Chris! Just in a battle for 10th.

London Pat
Red & Blue Braces

Post by London Pat »

chrismar wrote:Hi Pat

Hopefully Jason can help on the double up league.
Hi Jason,

I won this double up league, but how do I see where my team is and my opponent's team is in double-ups?

Thanks.

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

you cant see it at the moment.. the only thing you can do is see if you won or lost in the game history. iv already puyt that as a request to jason so fingers crossed :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Player Manager”