To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Gameweek 16

A Fantasy Football forum for Player Manager.
Player Manager
Wideboy

Gameweek 16

Post by Player Manager »

Player Manager Tip: You can challenge your friends to play in a Friends League. YOU set the entry fee (and therefore the prize pool) and the duration of the challenge. We generate just the one team for you each gameweek for each of these challenges. Competing against the same people each week may just allow you to better anticipate their player pricing strategy.

btw, interesting points raised by @ronny10, @bennyc and @Chrisharry12345

The definition of "injured" players can be a grey area. Last week, reports suggested that Van Der Vaart was injured and yet he played.

We designed Player Manager to maximise your profit potential for minimum effort. The idea of effectively introducing another separate player list of "those you definitely don't want in your team - either from the auction or auto-allocation" would seem to go against that.

Perhaps we can make this smarter whilst not adding any effort. Certainly, players who are suspended are definitive. We have been discussing this amongst the team but are always interested to hear people's views.

Jason
Founder

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Re: Gameweek 16

Post by ronny10 »

well I went with Form for my allocated players last week and ended up with Fabregas in a team or 2 and the week before I went with points scored and ended up with Gerrard in a few teams. Both were known to be injured.

I am not saying have another list, just a check box added beside each player that you can highlight as a player not to be used when auto allocating, say to a maximum of 10 players.

I have a strategy that involves the excellent idea of auto allocating players, unfortunately it falls a little short when I get an injured player or 2.

Just a thought :mrgreen:

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Now here is the perfect situation for my idea.

Blackpool/Man Utd is off. How do I avoid having those players added in the auto allocation process :!: :!:

This forces me to abandon my strategy and pick a full list of players :(

Player Manager
Wideboy

Post by Player Manager »

ronny10 wrote:Now here is the perfect situation for my idea.

Blackpool/Man Utd is off. How do I avoid having those players added in the auto allocation process :!: :!:

This forces me to abandon my strategy and pick a full list of players :(
You may have exposed a weakness in that strategy @Ronny10 but that's just one of many strategies you can employ in Player Manager. Some managers may try to avoid auto-allocation in the event of postponed fixtures. Adding more players is one way. Going after different players is another. Remember, auto-allocation is there to ensure you get 11 players - not to ensure you get the players you want - that's what your player list is for.

Evatt's goal and assist in the last 2 gameweeks has him ranked 12th of all players on current form but you may not have enjoyed him being auto-allocated to you had the game against Man United gone ahead.

What say you other managers?

Enjoy
Jason

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Yes but we want eleven players that are available for selection ie not suspended, not injured or not playing due to postponements.

If a players is not in the first eleven (dropped, rested or a sub) then thats tough luck and is acceptable, but surely the other situations above can be avoided :!:

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

Post by bennyc »

ronny10 wrote:Yes but we want eleven players that are available for selection ie not suspended, not injured or not playing due to postponements.

If a players is not in the first eleven (dropped, rested or a sub) then thats tough luck and is acceptable, but surely the other situations above can be avoided :!:

I agree with this. Players like Nani, Berbatov, Vidic, Rafael etc. are bound to be up there on form, points per minutes played etc.

I like this game a lot and the strategy element sets it apart BUT it can become a game of luck more than skill if you end up with 2/3 players that are not playing.

Using RVDV as an example - quoted as being out for 3 weeks. Can he be taken out of the pool for that period? Or you can only get him if you take a punt and bid for him on the off chance that he plays?

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

I think its crucial Benny, especially with the end of season prize. The non scoring players you get can affect your high scores in theory, and could be the difference between 1st and 2nd :(

I am using a bigger pool this week due to the cancelled game, but I don't want to have to do this every week to avoid players for the said reasons :!:

Still a great game though and good luck everyone for the weekend :mrgreen:

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Post by chrismar »

Use a big pool - Get who you want
Use a small pool - Ensures you get the best but could be let down by who you don't pick

SAF pciks his first XI, not his first VI relying on who Solskjaer's replacement hasn't picked in the reserves to make up the rest of his team. If you don't like who is picked for you, then do it yourself to reduce risk.

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

sounds like big pools are they way to go, especially on weekends with cancellations!

Should be an interesting one... i keep going back to mine and editing it a little

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

OK, so I decided on a pool of 26 players

2 keepers
9 defenders
7 midfielders
8 strikers

I entered 7 teams of which 4 have got into a league :(

Team 1 has Nani and Vidic :roll:
Team 2 has Nolan :roll: (Chrispby has Nani,Vidic and Carrick in this league :shock: )
Team 3 has Nani and Vidic :roll:(Chrispby has Nani,Vidic and Carrick in this league :shock: ) how can we have the same players :!: :!: :!: :!:
Team 4 has Nani and Vidic :roll:

Apart from myself and Chris, everyone else seems to be ok (no players not playing) :cry:

Did you guys have bigger pools or was mine to big, I need to have a closer look at the bidding I think :roll:

Come on player manager sort out the duplicate player league please, no Utd players either :wink:

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

Post by bennyc »

ronny10 wrote:OK, so I decided on a pool of 26 players

2 keepers
9 defenders
7 midfielders
8 strikers

I entered 7 teams of which 4 have got into a league :(

Team 1 has Nani and Vidic :roll:
Team 2 has Nolan :roll: (Chrispby has Nani,Vidic and Carrick in this league :shock: )
Team 3 has Nani and Vidic :roll:(Chrispby has Nani,Vidic and Carrick in this league :shock: ) how can we have the same players :!: :!: :!: :!:
Team 4 has Nani and Vidic :roll:

Apart from myself and Chris, everyone else seems to be ok (no players not playing) :cry:

Did you guys have bigger pools or was mine to big, I need to have a closer look at the bidding I think :roll:

Come on player manager sort out the duplicate player league please, no Utd players either :wink:

Chrispy bid for Nani and Carrick :shock: :lol:

I've already questioned whether he was on the lash last night :lol:

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Bloggie has a few Manu defenders too

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

out of interest, how many teams did people get entered into leagues

I got into 4 leagues after entering 7 teams (all 5 person leagues) :!:

1st in 3 and 2nd in the other at HT :P

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

nice score Chris, 355 with Bent to play, impressive :D

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

:) took a chance on the bburn defenders this week and nelson helped me out no end!

chrispyb
Grumpy Old Man

Post by chrispyb »

I give up. Mark you can have the Man U players and I'll switch to somebody else :lol: This weeks disaster from me. Managed to pick all my players in the list, got it all sorted, Blackburn and Man City defenders a plenty. Check today and I can't of saved the god damn list.

So last week I forget to enter teams, this week I enter teams but with last weeks players. Class :lol:

Edit: Just looked and I actually paid 31 million for Nani in one league. What a bargain, at least I couldn't afford many more of my other United players, Oh maybe just Carrick then for a million :lol:

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Post by chrismar »

I tried 10, 3, 1 teams in the 5, 10, 15 players and got 7, 1, 0. They're all doing rubbish and i look like making a loss for the 4th week running.

However it's only a small loss each week and it's still fun.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Player Manager”