To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Player Manager - new Fantasy Football game

A Fantasy Football forum for Player Manager.
Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Re: Player Manager - new Fantasy Football game

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

id be suprised if they were on the form list?? overall points maybe but gerrard hasnt played much in the last 4 weeks has he. strange one mate

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

Why is this rule in place :?:

Step 4: At a fixed date and time each gameweek, we place you into random leagues of the sizes you specified in Step 3. No two leagues are identical in terms of having the same managers. If we can't place you in a unique league, those unallocated credits will be refunded to your account. Our automated player player allocation process then determines your players.

Surely nobody really cares if they end up against the same people, personally I need as many teams as possible competing :(

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

New idea :mrgreen:

OK so we have 1 player list, BUT......

Could there be a way of limiting the number of times a certain player is picked in your teams :?:

For example, today I had 4 teams in leagues, all 4 had Kalou and Tevez, ideally I would not want all the same players in my leagues ie a variation of strikers amongst my teams.

Maybe a box next to the player in which you place a number to indicate how many teams you would want him in if you win the auction. You could leave it blank if you don't mind him being in all teams :idea:

I know it could be tricky to sort out but I am just throwing these things at you :lol:

I think you are actually as close to a perfect game as I have seen, loving it :mrgreen: (even if Chris is dominating things atm :x )

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

Post by bennyc »

Following on from Ronny's point I wanted to make some observations about the longevity of this game. This is not criticism and Jason has been keen to answer all queries/questions so his thoughts on this would be appreciated.

At this moment in time with the way the game works I can't see much point in chucking in loads of teams because my teams are virtually identical. 5 in this week and hardly any differential - that's fine. I got the players I bid for.

But with the lack of being able to determine a bit of variation I will never throw in 20 teams.

My maths maybe wrong for the next bit and I wait to be corrected but.......

Prize pool = guaranteed 5k

For each 5 man league the cost is £5 (50 credits) and you pay out £4 (40 credits). 20% rake.

By my reckoning are you not going to effectively need to turnover 25k to break even on this?

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

With the rule I pointed out Benny, they are effectively throwing money away by turning away teams to avoid a rule that is unneccessary. As it stands, the prize everyone is after is a share of the seasonal 5k. The entry into the leagues is just to get as many teams as you can into the game to maximise your highest score for any week.
If you have a few wins each week the money just gets ploughed into the next week.

Like I said, and you reiterated, if all your teams are similar it makes no sense to throw extra money at the game especially when I know that half of my credits are going to be returned because they didn't fill my requested quota of leagues. So far I have invested only £10 and currently lie 3rd overall.

Basically we need more people to play the game, but I am sure that will come. The problem I have, is I dont want to promote it to much until there are less than 20 weeks left :wink: :lol:

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

I've put in a tenner myself so far and I'm 4th.

Just doing the rough maths even if the 25 players currently playing the game put in a fiver a week with no weekly return for the entire season that would still only bring in £4750.

I appreciate the plan will be to get a lot more people entering but initial impressions are the game will need a revamp (not in terms of the auction element because it's a brilliant innovation) but in terms of allowing variation in teams to encourage you to enter more teams.

Not a dig at PM at all - on the contrary I want the game to thrive.

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

There ways of getting variation with the current system.. my best team this week is on 355 and my worst on 97.. between the two teams only two players are the same.. Just having teams in diferent size leagues should allow variation. its a shame there isnt a 15man league at the moment

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

But surely entering teams in bigger leagues will result in a greater chance of not getting players you want and a worse line up than in a 5 man league.

Anything other than a 5 man league offers no value for the seasonal league :!:

revvies
Wideboy
FS Record: Won £50 on fstakes once.

Post by revvies »

I have set up a private league for gw17 ( i think ) for £10 to make things a bit more interesting on the winnings front.

Have selected the 14 other managers from the forum here. ( Again, i think )

Unfortunately PM takes 20% from pot, its a bit steep, maybe they could reduce for private games ???

Anyways, join in this week 17 and win some.

thanks all the best

Steve ( sitting at the bottom of the jackpot league! )

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

Hi Steve and welcome.

I may well have a go this week using my all new player selection method :wink: :mrgreen:

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

Thanks for the invite Steve. I will certainly take part - as soon as PM pay out my credits that is :mrgreen:

Player Manager
Wideboy

Post by Player Manager »

Hi FISOers

Thanks for the feedback. We're listening.

@Ronny10 and @bennyc. You realise that Player Manager has just come out of the starting blocks. Its very early days and we have realistic and exciting activities in the works to attract customers. Your experience of having similar players in different leagues is always a mathematical possibility with Player Manager (and not necessarily a bad one). However, with more managers joining, the chance of this diminishes rapidly. For example, there are more than 2 million ways of grouping 50 managers into unique leagues of 5.

With that many combinations, the chance of a duplicate league also diminishes. But we've gone one step further - we don't allow duplicates so that each of your leagues are unique, rather than having you double up on a win or loss. Remember, a duplicate league won't give you a different score for the season prize.

Its also why we're more than happy to refund credits. We're always trying to create the game we would most want to play ourselves (thanks @ronny10 for saying we were "as close to a perfect game" as you'd seen). But if you think that we should downgrade any "left-overs" (eg 11 managers left wanting a 15-man league could be downgraded to a 10-man), then we're all ears. Some of the ideas you've posted would definitely represent a "Player Manager mk 2" product - but there are others we hope to implement as in-season improvements for you.

@bennyc - we're not making any money on the current season prize. We've provided the guaranteed minimum of £5k and any entries on top of that (£5 each) go, in full, to the prize pool.

@revvies - it looks like your challenge was for 10 credits (£1) instead of £10. You're welcome to create another, of course, for 90 credits with the same people. Unfortunately, with access to your player lists for administrative purposes, I have to decline your invitation.

I hope I've covered off all points. All types of feedback is welcome and will help us create something for you to really enjoy (and hopefully profit from).

Enjoy
Jason
Founder

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

Thanks for the response to the comments Jason.

I fully appreciate the game is a work in progress and my comments were not meant as criticism.

It's a completely different type of game to the others out there and as a result poses more strategical questions.

I'm hoping my new strategy this week will get me back on track :D
Last edited by bennyc on 11 Dec 2010, 11:34, edited 1 time in total.

ronny10
FISO Knight

Post by ronny10 »

bennyc wrote:I'm hoping my new strategy this week will get me back on track :D
And mine :wink:

I am very interested to see the outcome although I am on an all day session today :mrgreen:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Player Manager”