To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

McDonalds UEFA.com game - Euro 2016 (chit chat thread)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by UEFA's or FIFA's official website e.g. Champions League and World Cup Fantasy Football
Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: McDonalds UEFA.com game - Euro 2016 (chit chat thread)

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

DAREEL wrote:
Carlos Kickaball wrote:Was this the most boring international tourney ever? :/

Easily the worse I seen. 92 was bad too
At least Euro 92 was over after 15 matches!

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
DAREEL wrote:

At least Euro 92 was over after 15 matches!

LOL true. And better teams at least. Hope they go back to normal next time

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

DAREEL wrote:

+1

However the team's weren't quite as bad as the idiot punditry on BBC. Typical was Rio basically agreeing with you saying that the tournament wasn't very good because there were too many average teams who simply came to defend. He then praised Portugal and said that they were worthy winners for having a winning strategy of concentrating on ensuring that they defended soundly. He totally failed to see what a w*nker his contradictory views make him.

Why on earth don't broadcasters get more intelligent pundits, there is absolutely no need for them to be ex-players. If one channel had three of the better football journalists they'd be far more articulate and accurate than half educated ex-players who despite their apparent insight into the game totally fail to say anything insightful 99% of the time.

The problem is of course related to the fact that they are only half educated and not to the fact that they are ex players. This is largely a British problem as other countries do produce some top players who are also well educated, who when they turn to punditry are pretty good, for example, Bilic.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Re: RE: Re: McDonalds UEFA.com game - Euro 2016 (chit chat thread)

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Definitely, only the time Greece won could even compete.

Dreadful format, increase to 24 a disaster, instantly forgettable.

A nice leaving present. Thanks Michel.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

Oh well, my idea of 5 at the back was good, I just picked the wrong team.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

gallus wrote:Oh well, my idea of 5 at the back was good, I just picked the wrong team.
I actually nearly went for 4 Portu defenders. Had Rui and Pepe benched in the end and just played two, seemed like it could have been a reasonable gamble but I didn't for a second actually believe they'd keep a CS. :lol:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
Stemania wrote:If Sissoko put in even a tenth of this effort playing for his club it would have been nice. Hopefully his pricetag is rising by the second on this out of character tournament performance.
Had a feeling he'd put in a performance like this tonight. *cough* shop window *cough* mercenary *cough cough*
Amusing headline in the Telegraph today:

"Moussa Sissoko's brilliance for France was not a surprise for Newcastle, it was a slap in the face."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... e-for-new/

:lol:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: McDonalds UEFA.com game - Euro 2016 (chit chat thread)

Post by Finisher1 »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
Definitely, only the time Greece won could even compete.

Dreadful format, increase to 24 a disaster, instantly forgettable.

A nice leaving present. Thanks Michel.
You are very wrong. There were no bad teams in this tournament. None. They all were still very top sides, even though some of them didn't play sexy sexy samba samba football like those Barcelona and Real Madrid stars we see on telly.

I have never understood those people who think only Barcelona, Real Madrid, Brazil and Spain play decent football, and all the others are boring and shit. Personally, I appreciate football in every level, and I know it can be played with different strategies, and the matches (even the titles) can be won with different strategies.

Personally I think EURO torunaments should include 32 teams, because that would make the tournament format so much smarter.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: McDonalds UEFA.com game - Euro 2016 (chit chat thread)

Finisher1 wrote:
You are very wrong.
I see you are your usual diplomatic self

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: McDonalds UEFA.com game - Euro 2016 (chit chat thread)

Post by Finisher1 »

liquidfootball2 wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:
You are very wrong.
Yes, I'm back from my FISO & fantasy football holiday and damn right I'm still my usual self.

Now I'm just waiting for FPL to launch so that I can start tinkering.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: McDonalds UEFA.com game - Euro 2016 (chit chat thread)

Finisher1 wrote:
liquidfootball2 wrote:
Finisher1 wrote:
You are very wrong.
Yes, I'm back from my FISO & fantasy football holiday and damn right I'm still my usual self.

Now I'm just waiting for FPL to launch so that I can start tinkering.
The Euros was always my favourite football tournament and I think it was a lot of people's favourite football tournament when there were sixteen teams. You really had to hit the ground running whilst here you just didn't, it was harder to get knocked out than to qualify from the group stages and the tournament dragged.

A lot of people thought it would improve once the group stages were finished and it would come to life in the knockout stages, but if you look at the average tournament it's the group stage that's lively and the knockout stages that can become very cagey, so that was always unlikely to happen.

Even if you were counting the memorable matches from this one you would possibly only need one hand, it had less goals per game than any European Championship.

EUFA have completely and utterly stuffed the best tournament in international football, not the most varied as the World Cup has a completely different dynamic and is wonderful too in a different way, but they have actually stuffed this fantastic competition that they once had, and they've done it just so the president can be propped up by votes from all over the continent.

The next one will be even worse, because in 2020 you've got matches all over Europe because Platini has messed that one up as well.

I really think its such a terrible shame what they've done to what used to be a really good tournament, and no amount of plucky Iceland or Wales can counter the fact that the standard of the tournament was ordinary and the football and entertainment was ordinary too.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “UEFA.com & FIFA.com Fantasy Football”