To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Formation switching bug in the MCD WC2014 game?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by UEFA's or FIFA's official website e.g. Champions League and World Cup Fantasy Football
Robben van Messi
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 745th in FPL (2011/12)

Formation switching bug in the MCD WC2014 game?

Post by Robben van Messi »

I know most on here are aware of this but I don't know if anyone's found a solution.

The glitch I refer to is that when switching from, say, 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 mid-round, you have no choice in which of your forwards will move to the bench. And if it happens to be one who has already played, you lose his points.

Has anyone found a way past this, or are we all sticking with our original formations?

Cheers

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Formation switching bug in the MCD WC2014 game?

Post by From4corners »

http://fantasyfootballfirst.co.uk/world ... dont-tell/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I haven't tried it myself (yet) though.

Robben van Messi
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 745th in FPL (2011/12)

Post by Robben van Messi »

I just did and it worked, Sadeghi is in for Aguero, who was positioned furthest to the right.

Thanks Corners!

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

It was scary making the first change, but I did this as well and it worked. I tested it two or three times, including a player who had played, one yet to play and an 'empty space' (having already removed someone).
The player removed was always the one on the right

zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

Post by zipnolan »

Now the only question is what happens between rounds, especially with the Brazil round 2 games plonked in there before end of round one.

Is there any way it won't be a mix of chaos and angry dissatisfaction?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

That shouldn't become any problem I would think (although you never know, after what we have witnessed already). But seeing that the url for your line-up for the 1st group phase is http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/match_days/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;1/lineup, I can imagine that a separate line-up page will be made for part 2 and the third and last part of the group phase.

Glad to see the formation changes are working :D

zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

Post by zipnolan »

They're leaving it a bit late....

GingerMonkey
FISOhead

Post by GingerMonkey »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: The player removed was always the one on the right
I've already lost 10 points doing it the wrong way. How do I put my lowest scoring player on the right?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

GingerMonkey wrote:
Smurphy's Paw wrote: The player removed was always the one on the right
I've already lost 10 points doing it the wrong way. How do I put my lowest scoring player on the right?
You can't once they have played unfortunately. If you have a player on the right and want to change formation to a formation with less players of his position, you cannot do this without losing his points atm. Maybe it's something they'll fix over the tournament (like the new transfer confirmation button). :roll:

Once a player has played you cannot move their position. The only thing to do is make sure it doesn't happen again in round 2 - in which case you must put your team in order of kickoff time from left to right (soonest to furthest away) and as players play, constantly rejig the order when you bring in subs to keep the kickoff times in order as much as possible - if you have two players of the same position in the same game this may not be possible if the one on the right scores well and the one on the left doesn't - so also put your most likely points scorers to the left of those with the same kickoff times.

Essentially this is what the article f4c posted above is saying.

This is all assuming we can actually pick a round 2 squad before Brazil's second game...

GingerMonkey
FISOhead

Post by GingerMonkey »

Thanks Ste. Great game, this. :lol:

cjice
Wideboy

Post by cjice »

This is an absolute joke of a game!

I started with a 3-4-3 formation. I want to bring in a belgium and russian defender to go 5-3-2 but i have benzema sat on the right of my 3 strikers so will lose 14 points if i do this. Not happy

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

I changed formation and now can't field a team of 11
So I guess I am screwed

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I'm not sure how this keeps the lowest scorer on the right :?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

That sucks huh... pure shambles.
cjice wrote:This is an absolute joke of a game!

I started with a 3-4-3 formation. I want to bring in a belgium and russian defender to go 5-3-2 but i have benzema sat on the right of my 3 strikers so will lose 14 points if i do this. Not happy
Who are your other strikers and who would you like to replace in your current line-up?

From4corners wrote:That shouldn't become any problem I would think (although you never know, after what we have witnessed already). But seeing that the url for your line-up for the 1st group phase is http://en.mcdonalds.fantasy.fifa.com/match_days/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;1/lineup, I can imagine that a separate line-up page will be made for part 2 and the third and last part of the group phase.
There we go!

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

This is eff stupid, so basically you have to pre-pre plan a transfer, as in you had to have done this mix about way before the start of a Round? Ridiculous. I've lost Di Maria because, you know, I thought having taken out Schweni that it would recognise the empty slot, like any bloody normal system would :evil:

I swear to God, I will make them admit this is shocking if it kills me after the Cup is over.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

Tacalabala wrote:I swear to God, I will make them admit this is shocking if it kills me after the Cup is over.

It can be done - Cyclingtips had a GiroD'Italia game this year that was so poor they pulled it 4 days after the start and put an apology on the website, after everyone complained. Same issue - shite 3rd party website construction.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Tacalabala wrote:This is eff stupid, so basically you have to pre-pre plan a transfer, as in you had to have done this mix about way before the start of a Round? Ridiculous. I've lost Di Maria because, you know, I thought having taken out Schweni that it would recognise the empty slot, like any bloody normal system would :evil:

I swear to God, I will make them admit this is shocking if it kills me after the Cup is over.
The pre-planning of transfers is only required if you want to change formation, subs within the same formation are okay.

Agree it is rubbish though (unless I do well :D )

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

There is a very high probability that most will want to change their formation to get someone in for a 0/1 pointer, at which they'll realise they are basically up the creek without a paddle. I'm running out of adjectives to describe just how poor it is.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Can someone please let me know when it is safe to make round 2 transfers, on work and my PC doesn't allow me on the site so have to use someone else PC and don't want to be harassing them until it is necessary

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Now, when you log in you'll be on the Round 2 lineup selection screen. You are aware you can't make actual transfer until after the group stage, right?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I have lined up the dross on the right, in the vain hope of being able to formation hop...

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Tacalabala wrote:Now, when you log in you'll be on the Round 2 lineup selection screen. You are aware you can't make actual transfer until after the group stage, right?
Thanks Taca just wanted to bring back in Fred to the squad
Last edited by fred1266 on 17 Jun 2014, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

Robin Write
FISO Knight
FS Record: Risky Business

Post by Robin Write »

fred1266 wrote:
Tacalabala wrote:Now, when you log in you'll be on the Round 2 lineup selection screen. You are aware you can't make actual transfer until after the group stage, right?
Thanks Tara just wanted to bring back in Fred to the squad
But, you are Fred. :mrgreen:

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

And Taca is only Tara on weekends. :wink:

cjice
Wideboy

Post by cjice »

I want to replace Ozil and Heydari moving to a 5-3-2 with Alderweireld and Komborov. Have i got any way to do this? Or will i lose Benzema and Matuidi

Imagefifa by Colin.Jackson3, on Flickr

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

Stemania wrote:And Taca is only Tara on weekends. :wink:
and Bank Holidays

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

cjice wrote:I want to replace Ozil and Heydari moving to a 5-3-2 with Alderweireld and Komborov. Have i got any way to do this? Or will i lose Benzema and Matuidi
Unfortunately not. Your best bet is probably to just switch Alba for Alderwiereld (and Ader for Kombarov if the Belgian defence fails).

predator_05
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 861 in 2008/09 FPL

Post by predator_05 »

Anyone finding it difficult to make subs on an iPad?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Vid wrote:
Stemania wrote:And Taca is only Tara on weekends. :wink:
and Bank Holidays
I thought this was a secret :?

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

What initial formation are people going with for Phase 2? I went 4-3-3 for Phase 1, based on who played first, but this reduced flexibility later.

At the moment I am tempted to go 4-4-2,
ideally with the most mediocre 4th defender on the right to remove and switch in a Belgian/Algerian to either mid or attack at the end of the round

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “UEFA.com & FIFA.com Fantasy Football”