To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Taca's 2014 FIFA World Cup Pairs - Knulpuk+Jpk are Champions

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by UEFA's or FIFA's official website e.g. Champions League and World Cup Fantasy Football
Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Russia are champions!

Post by Tacalabala »

WCPFResult.png
So there we have it! It seemed as though Chile were destined to win the World Cup, but they came up short in the final as the Russian pair of Knulpuk and Jpk became wold champions!

Stemania did all he could for the Reds, drawing his H2H with Jpk 101-101. This left the fate of the title in the hands of the top tie between Knulpuk and From4corners, and Knuls had enough to take it with 118pts - did he have Gotze???

Congratulation to Russia!

In the other game, it ended all square in a dead-heat between the England team of The Dude Abides and Moonlightdribbler, and the French duo of Kris_fiso and Fingerpass, 192pts apiece. As they scored more overall throughout the tournament, England are awarded 3rd place.

And that is it. What a tournament in Brazil, certainly the best I've seen live on tv. Shame that the official FF game didn't match it, but thank you for sticking with it and I hope you thought it was worth it - I should imagine that Knuls and Jpk think it was brilliant :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Knulpuk
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ultra ultra consistent (see above)

Re: Taca's 2014 FIFA World Cup Pairs - Knulpuk+Jpk are Champ

Post by Knulpuk »

Best fantasy game on the market - certainly the truest test of fantasy skill, especially in cup based competitions. Ok so there were a few teething problems - all water under the bridge. Once it was working it was actually an enjoyable format.

To sum up tactics - Captain De Vrij. Are we the first cup winners to be tipped to lose in every round ?

Well played partner, well played Chile - sometimes the best team doesn't get over the line.

So see you all in 2018 - where we will have to defend on home soil...

Knulpuk
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ultra ultra consistent (see above)

Post by Knulpuk »

World's rudest man

I never mentioned Taca's fortitude and kindness in the running such an excellent comp which made the main game secondary.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Aaaargh.

Well, huge congratulations to Russia on their win. They've been the best team from the moment the semi-finals kicked off, with Knulpuk posting some outstanding scores. I only hope the inevitable bathroom problems resulting from eating alive two large Chiles won't temper your celebrations too much. :twisted:

Many thanks to From4corners for keeping me on my toes all the way to the final and pipping me to 2nd in the FISO league. If only I'd timed my 2 off colour weeks better than the Semi then Final, although last night it seemed more bad luck than bad management as my team strained a calf muscle in the warmup putting me down to 10 men and a 0. :(

Other than f4c, I'd also like to dedicate my half of the 2nd prize to Moist von Lipwig and Ironfist, who provided excellent support in the U21 tournament last year only to suffer a similar fate despite looking very strong throughout that tournament. :D

And of course, huge thanks for Taca for running a superb competition against all odds given the circumstances out of his control. :D

See you all next summer for the U21s again. :mrgreen:

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

Well done Russia and well done Taca for running a truly enjoyable side game. Without this I doubt many of us would have stuck with the FIFA game which, in the end, turned out to be pretty good.

the dude abides
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Renault Clio Sport Winner 2010/11

Post by the dude abides »

Well played Guys... Like the others have said, once they sorted out the McShambles website , it was a well oiled machine (almost) :lol:
At least Moonlightdribbler and myself gave the English a bit of restored pride, and thanks to Taca for sticking with it, and producing another great side-game.

jpk
Dumbledore

Post by jpk »

Thanks to Taca for the organisation and dedication to see it through to the end despite the odds being against it from the messy outset. Thanks to Knulpuk for carrying a weak comrade over the line and thanks for everyone else for sticking with it and ensuring that this side competition will go down in history as the most prestigious, the most difficult to win and the truest reflection of not only Fantasy football skill but also good looks, intelligence, popularity and coolness.

the dude abides
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Dreamteam Renault Clio Sport Winner 2010/11

Post by the dude abides »

jpk wrote:Thanks to Taca for the organisation and dedication to see it through to the end despite the odds being against it from the messy outset. Thanks to Knulpuk for carrying a weak comrade over the line and thanks for everyone else for sticking with it and ensuring that this side competition will go down in history as the most prestigious, the most difficult to win and the truest reflection of not only Fantasy football skill but also good looks, intelligence, popularity and coolness.
You forgot modesty.... 8-)

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

And luck ;)

Jpk and Knulpuk :D Many congratulations to you guys! Great score in the end as well, Knulpuk! Did you have Götze? :shock: ;)

I was in Germany last night (still am actually) and celebrating that wonderful victory with my German girlfriend and her friends, but I just couldn't help wondering if Stemania and I had won this final as well :lol: That, and it would have felt so much better if the streets had been flooded in orange (Hup Holland Hup!) :P

So wow, what a ride it has been! Not only for the actual World Cup itself, which was fantastic, but this was a wonderful game to get even more involved! Thank you my Chilean partner, Stemania! I really had a lot of fun not only due to the competition itself, you certainly played a factor in it as well 8-) And thanks for keeping me razor sharp as well with your pro-tips and guidance.

And of course, I would like to send out many thank you's to Taca for this wonderful competition! Great stuff! :D And I also really enjoyed reading all the previews by Taca, Mystery and my fellow Bee Moist von Lipwig 8-) (hope I didn't forget anyone...)

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

While I have the opportunity, I thought I should say that as soon as FPL opens again, I'll also be opening a thread for applications to take part in the qualifying tournament for the Spring 16s. There will definitely be at least 3 spots to qualify for, and it looks like there may even be as many as 5 if Colbert confirms he won't be FPLing in 2014/15 and Rossn13 doesn't return (hasn't posted since last year).

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Surprised wrote:Well done Russia and well done Taca for running a truly enjoyable side game. Without this I doubt many of us would have stuck with the FIFA game which, in the end, turned out to be pretty good.
Seconded, well done "Russia" and thanks to Taca - difficult to run this one ...!

spiderm4tt
FPL Champion 2012/13

Post by spiderm4tt »

The Catman wrote:
Surprised wrote:Well done Russia and well done Taca for running a truly enjoyable side game. Without this I doubt many of us would have stuck with the FIFA game which, in the end, turned out to be pretty good.
Seconded, well done "Russia" and thanks to Taca - difficult to run this one ...!
Thirded, thanks Taca, & well played all - especially Russia 8-)

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

Well played Russia and very well played Taca for setting up a great game. I think I spent more time watching this thread than the WC itself.

.... that may however say more about me than anything else

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

spiderm4tt wrote:
The Catman wrote:
Thirded, thanks Taca, & well played all - especially Russia 8-)
Concurred. Well done all those who stuck it out with the FIFA website issues for so long.

moonlightdribbler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by moonlightdribbler »

Well done to those pesky Russians. It can't have been easy for them adapting to the Brazilian heat. And cheers for sticking with it, Tac.

the dude abides wrote:Well played Guys... Like the others have said, once they sorted out the McShambles website , it was a well oiled machine (almost) :lol:
At least Moonlightdribbler and myself gave the English a bit of restored pride, and thanks to Taca for sticking with it, and producing another great side-game.

Finishing 3rd, and only being beaten by the eventual winners. I'm sure we can live with that!

Good effort teammate. And who knows, maybe our eyes will meet across another school disco dancefloor in 4 years time?

But until then, care for one last dance?

tenpinterry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 214th (15/16), 734rd (13/14), 650th (08/09), 507th (07/08) & 132nd (06/07)
Mail - 47th (11/12)
Telegraph - 98th (14/15)

Post by tenpinterry »

Congratulations Russia and thanks Taca for organising, and staying with, the game.

I wonder, now that you can see everybodies group phase scores, that the outcome would have been different?

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Lol, I don't even want to go into that :lol: Besides, I should imagine that many of those that were knocked out in the group stage stopped playing the game properly after that, so it wouldn't produce a 'true' result.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

well done to the two winners. And also congratulations to Taca for polishing up the turd that McDonalds/Fifa served up early doors.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

We'll played Ruskies and hard luck Chile. I was silently routing for you after humbling us. And thanks for running Taca.
We'll done to everyone who stuck with a game so ludicrous that 'will I captain Messi or an Iranian defender?' is a valid question.

eagle224
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Veteran

Post by eagle224 »

Well done to the winners and to Taca for keeping this going despite the early teething problems.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

Mo Bot wrote: We'll done to everyone who stuck with a game so ludicrous that 'will I captain Messi or an Iranian defender?' is a valid question.
I did actually like that :lol:

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Moist von Lipwig wrote:
Mo Bot wrote: We'll done to everyone who stuck with a game so ludicrous that 'will I captain Messi or an Iranian defender?' is a valid question.
I did actually like that :lol:
That all players were legitimate picks was one of the pluses for me. For example, because that outstanding tackle on Robben would not have been rewarded in Fantasy land we'd typically steer clear of Mascherano. But in it's own way it's as important a skill as crossing for an assist and it was good to have players like him as legitimate picks. Perhaps Wenger could take note?

PS Thanks, Taca. I would not have played a WC game without your invite, so pretty stoked with 3rd in the FISO league. Please let me know about other pairs/similar side games. I've only lurked until now but would be up for joining a team

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “UEFA.com & FIFA.com Fantasy Football”