To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

National Club Golfer 2018

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Golf Games
bogeyfreered
Kevin and Perry

Re: National Club Golfer 2018

Post by bogeyfreered »

Thanks again for your input Trotter, much appreciated. Can i just say any future tweaks would have to be agreed first by our client, NCG in this case. I also think they derserve great commendation to be providing weekly prizes of such value, which is actually the measure taken in order to sustain everyones interest to the final week. whilst all feedback here focuses on the season long effort, and rightly so, lets not overlook the fantastic opportunity for players to win week on week, no matter how they are fairing the in the main event.

thanks for your ratios on events, we may struggle to affect the game to such extents this year, but we'll put all feedback into the pot and keep you posted.

can i offer a couple of suggestions, short term soloutions perhaps, how would you feel if the multiplier affected just bonuses, x5 in some cases?
and, in the event of a week with a small field event, tour championship, we could also use a second event that week, so the portugal masters in that case. meaning there would be still plenty points on offer... the downside being picking 12 golfers may be considered too labour intensive for some.

Boddington
FISOhead
FS Record: 2014 Captains Picks Your Golf Travel - Winner
2015 SuperBru F1 - UK Winner
2015 Golf Monthly Fantasy Golf - Winner
2018 European Tour Fantasy Race to Dubai - Runner Up
2018/19 NCG Fantasy Golf Winter - Winner
2019 NCG Fantasy Golf - Winner

Post by Boddington »

I think adding the secondary tournament would provide an added dimension that would keep everyone on their toes.
Personally i find the bonus points, exactly as they are described - a bonus, and not necessarily an integral part of the team selection planning.
If the extra tournament could be implemented into the game structure during the restricted field events then that would certainly create more balance and excitement in my opinion.

Trotter
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Winner Bunkered Fantasy Golf 2014 (Dubai Golf Holiday) Bunkered 2017 Team Winner (Portugal holiday). Various other cashes

Post by Trotter »

Thanks for feedback again bogeyfreered, appreciate you coming on here and conversing with us.

Personally I don't think changing the bonuses offer much in the grand scheme of things, so probably easiest to keep as is.
If you are able to offer full field events either instead of, or in addition the reduced field events that that would go a long way to curing the problem for this season (maybe next season look at the field size multiplier, as really that is all the competition is missing).
I concur with your feelings about the prizes, very grateful to your sponsors.

Actually scratch all of the above, keep the short fields, as I have all 6 of my golfers through the cut, and am likely to be in top 10 by end of this game week, and want to keep the points people can get to a minimum :)
Just kidding

megadyl
FISOhead

Post by megadyl »

Hi bogeyfreered, I think an email alert if players withdraw would be fair similar to what the European Tour fantasy golf does. I have Patton Kizzire in this week but he’s not playing even though he was in your published list, it seems unfair to expect players to keep up to date with late withdrawals each week. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bogeyfreered
Kevin and Perry

Post by bogeyfreered »

thats absolutely fair comment megadyl, and i appreciate is a disapointing facet of fantasy golf. I will look into it and have a see what is possible, based on the feeds that are available. i guess it could involve an email one or two hours prior to tee off with a list of WD's.

However even a system like this still wouldnt reflect any last minute changes to the lineup, which can happen even after the first tee off time has passed and Team selection is closed.

So i guess even for the most diligent users, who double check and confirm their line up minutes before deadline every week, there is still the possiblity for disapointment due to the nature of the game.

Its important to mention that the original field we post on a Monday cannot possibly change to reflect any withdrawals or inclusions though. This is because any changes would alter certain players Fantasy Ranks, and as some Users may have already picked teams at that point, that could mess up their status of their Team being Valid or not.

Please accept my apologies all for not being able to address some of the previous feedback, my developer has a backlog of existing projects but i promise we will get onto this asap.

Happy gaming!

megadyl
FISOhead

Post by megadyl »

Yes I guess nothing can be 100% but the withdrawal email idea is a really good one I think. The European tour one emails you the day before if you have withdrawals and also puts wildcards in for you in case you miss the deadline although that would be more complicated for you. Thanks for your response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bogeyfreered
Kevin and Perry

Post by bogeyfreered »

Hi all. Aplogies for the delay but just to let you know the sort order on the Player Pages has now been fixed.

We have also put a small update into the standings page, so now when you click 'week score' it sorts best to worst first, rather than having to click twice.

Still in talks with NCG regarding the potential issue of a low scoring week of the Tour Championship. Possibly looking to put in another event in the weeks as discussed, will keep you posted.

Kind regards

Trotter
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Winner Bunkered Fantasy Golf 2014 (Dubai Golf Holiday) Bunkered 2017 Team Winner (Portugal holiday). Various other cashes

Post by Trotter »

Thanks for the update bogeyfreered.

I was a subject of the late Oosthuizen withdrawl last week, and got me thinking.
If there is a withdrawl, could there not be a solution that the system automatically assigns to the lowest available player that keeps us under the rankbuster limit.
For example if rank buster is 200. I have players 1,5,10,50,60 and 80 - total 206. If player 50 withdraws, I automatically get assigned 44 to get me to 200, if 60 withdraws I get 54 etc. If 5 withdrew I would get assigned 2, even though that is still higher than the 200 limit.
If in above scenario I had started with a team ranking of 200 and one withdrew I would just automatically get next one up from my withdrawl giving me rankbuster of 201

With the penalty of a withdrawl being so severe in this competition, zero points as opposed to maybe 160 if they won, I think this sort of compromise could work also

bogeyfreered
Kevin and Perry

Post by bogeyfreered »

Hi, yes i would say that is possible. It is in our plans next season to offer a soluotion for those who forget to pick a Team some weeks, i reckon we could also solve this late WD issue with a tweak to this program. I'll see if we can fit it in before the end of this season actually, as WD's are a real pain in Fantasy Golf, at least in betting you get your money back. Thanks again for the feedback.

megadyl
FISOhead

Post by megadyl »

Does anyone know why DJ isn't in the list for this week? Do they know something we don't? He's still in the betting.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Golf”