To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Not long now...

A forum for Totel Football - the weekly tote-style fantasy football game
Totelfootball
Treebeard

Not long now...

Post by Totelfootball »

As the season draws closer to an end, we are in for a truly mouth-watering top-of-the-table clash this weekend. In typical Arsenal fashion, the Gunners managed to beat United last week after falling out of the title race the week before. Arsenal fans must hate this time of year it usually ends in bitter disappointment, despite the glamorous style of play.

This Sunday's crunch match between United and Chelsea is one that grips every football fan around the world, if Chelsea win the title should be retained but if they fail it returns to Old Trafford in my opinion. I think the fact that Ferdinand, Vidic, Rooney and Hernandez were all rested in midweek will prove favourable to Fergie and the title race will be all but over come Sunday night.

Looking at the other 9 matches, it's a very unpredictable weekend. Although Spurs are my banker for game week 35, there is no way I could pick Gomez in goal as at times he plays like he's got his eyes closed! So I'm going to opt for a safe pair of hands, Brad Friedel.

Sunderland have been awful lately, winning 1 of their last 11 matches so Bolton's Gary Cahill is my first choice defender. Martin Skrtel continued his excellent recent record last week and I've no reason to drop him so he's in too! I'm bringing back Alexander Kolarov as I believe Mancini will be ultra-defensive this weekend. They have Spurs at home next Wednesday and with the 4 point gap now established, I imagine the Italian will want to pick up at least a point. Remember, Man City have only won once away from home in 2011 in all competitions. My final defender is Fabricio Coloccini as he tends to play his best stuff at St. James's Park, he was superb against Man United 2 weeks ago.

In midfield I'm picking Gareth Bale, he has not been as breathtaking as usual in recent weeks but this weekend I believe he will tear Blackpool apart. Another magical Spurs man joins him, Luca Modric, who is a threat to any defence. Elsewhere, it is impossible to drop deadly Dirk Kuyt as he continues to play out of his skin, with 9 goals in his last 11 games - Simply outstanding! Filling the last spot is one of footballs greatest, Ryan Giggs. He is a "big game" man, and the outstanding player against Chelsea in the Champions League, providing the assists when it mattered.

Up front, I include Darren Bent. He's a real predator and I doubt Wigan will keep him scoreless considering they have conceded 63 goals after 35 Premiership matches. Keeping him conpany will be this seasons ultimate poacher, Javier Hernandez. With Rooney dropping deep lately, the Mexican seems to bag more tap-ins than a golfer and he'll be desperate to win his first major trophy when he faces Cech and Co.

On the bench this week, I have Zat Knight, Kevin Nolan and Daniel Sturridge. Enjoy the action with a bet on fantasy football with TotelFootball, and expect drama!

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

Re: Not long now...

Post by bennyc »

Modric needs four bonus points adding.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Totel Football”