To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Game Change Notice: Max 6 teams per manager

A forum for Totel Football - the weekly tote-style fantasy football game
Totelfootball
Treebeard

Game Change Notice: Max 6 teams per manager

Post by Totelfootball »

A consistent complaint that we have received from customers is that a small group of particularly skilled managers are entering large numbers of teams each game week and that these managers are consistently in receipt of a large percentage of the pot payouts. In the face of such competition they feel it impossible to compete.

The success of this game requires that all customers have a reasonable chance of success and get a value bet each week-end. At present these customers feel that this is simply not the case. To address their concerns we are introducing a cap of 6 team entries per manager for each gameweek. This is in effect from Gameweek 22.

This is likely to reduce the size of the pool this week-end and the guaranteed pool has been reduced to €500 for gameweek 22. We anticipate that this change will make the game more attractive to a wider customer base in the longer run and expect the pool size to grow considerably over the coming weeks and months as a result.

Gameweek 22 is now open for betting... Enjoy!!

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Re: Game Change Notice: Max 6 teams per manager

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

So instead of the people loosing upping there game you've restricted the entrys which will effect the constantly decreasing prizepool? So after the rake is that now £333.33 for this week?

Have you wondered why not a single other fantasy football game has restricted the entrys of people? (apart from the free to play ones)

Some guy/ syndicate in the sun dream team has so far entered 17883.. Plently of people complain about him but that still doesnt stop people sticking in new teams each week and it still doesnt stop the sun from putting a cap on it as they know it would effect the prizepool and it would be a poor business decision.

I hope it works for you but I think youve made the wrong decision here and not just because im one of the managers getting a decent percentage ;)

ronny10
FISO Knight
FS Record: Not to shabby

Post by ronny10 »

I agree with Chris and anyway, if people want to enter lots of teams they will find ways around such stipulations.

Having said that, I may have 6 goes this week now :wink: :D

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Weekend Dreamteam Winner/WC Fantasy Stakes winner.

Post by bennyc »

Think this is a bad move. Turning down revenue and reducing the prize money are not positive steps for the game.

The prize pool is now a quarter of what it was initially.

How do you restrict it to six entries for betting shop entries?

Also what's the optimum amount to stake for the winning entry - e.g. will somebody staking £5 get more back than someone staking £3?

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Im sure if those who were complaining were asked again if they would like

1. Stay as it was £833 prize fund and unlimited entrys or
2. Make it 6 maximum and reduce the prize fund to £417

They would go with choice 1

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Totelfootball wrote:A consistent complaint that we have received from customers is that a small group of particularly skilled managers are entering large numbers of teams each game week and that these managers are consistently in receipt of a large percentage of the pot payouts. In the face of such competition they feel it impossible to compete.

The success of this game requires that all customers have a reasonable chance of success and get a value bet each week-end. At present these customers feel that this is simply not the case. To address their concerns we are introducing a cap of 6 team entries per manager for each gameweek. This is in effect from Gameweek 22.

This is likely to reduce the size of the pool this week-end and the guaranteed pool has been reduced to €500 for gameweek 22. We anticipate that this change will make the game more attractive to a wider customer base in the longer run and expect the pool size to grow considerably over the coming weeks and months as a result.

Gameweek 22 is now open for betting... Enjoy!!
So what are you going to do about the 6 teams belonging to "the wife", 6 to "the girlfriend", 6 to the "budgie" etc?

Zarch
Grumpy Old Stats Geek
FS Record: Sun World Cup 2010 Mini-League Winner. Fantasy Stakes Prem Winner 08/09, World Cup 2010 Winner

Post by Zarch »

So someone takes risks, puts quite a lot of money over the totel counter and they turn that into a few wins. Fair play to them I say.

Result..... they get their hands slapped, "you can't do that" say the management.

Reason? Some punters have complained.

Its worse than the school playground when young Billy goes running to teacher.

I honestly thought this game was trying to be big time, but with it pulling strokes like this, I can't ever see that happening.

I do hope I'm wrong.

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

I think TF need to clarify what it's actually worth staking now the pool is £333 after deductions.

You can't win more than 50% of that with one ticket - is that correct?

There's no point in staking fivers anymore. What's the max i need to stake to win the £167?

Please clarify this as soon as possible.

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

I think £2 would do it benny

bennyc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bennyc »

Chrisharry12345 wrote:I think £2 would do it benny
Likewise. But it would be nice to know for sure and if that is the case TF need to make this clear to punters. Not great to be staking a tenner when two quid gets you the same return.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Totel Football”