To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Gameweek 21 Open

A forum for Totel Football - the weekly tote-style fantasy football game
Totelfootball
Treebeard

Gameweek 21 Open

Post by Totelfootball »

A quick preview of the New Year’s Day programme. Hopefully, these pointers will guide you to selecting a stronger team for the first Premier League games of 2011.

Again we seek out likely clean sheets as we pick our goalies and defenders. Chelsea at home to Villa and Man City at home to Blackpool stand out as obvious selections. I’d also give Everton a squeak of a shut out away to Stoke. Baines, Coleman and Distin are amongst the top performing defenders this season so they may be worthy of inclusion. Blackburn travel to Sunderland who are looking to avoid successive home defeats for the first time under Steve Bruce. Whilst the Black Cats underperformed at Old Trafford, they were unlucky to be beaten by Blackpool. They worked Kingson 16 times without scoring whilst the Seasiders scored 2 from 4. I expect them to return to winning ways this week-end & feel that Al Muhammadi and Bardsley might be worth picking in the hopes they can close out Blackburn.

Across midfield and in attack we are looking for likely goalscorers on teams playing against the weakest defences. Tottenham at home to Fulham is a check so any combination of Modric, van der Vaart, Bale could prove worthwhile. West Ham may continue their good late run of form. Players to consider are Scott Parker who Victor Obinna. When West Ham are firing they’re generally involved.

I’ll be avoiding the Liverpool v Bolton, Birmingham v Arsenal or the Wigan v Newcastle games this week-end. I can’t see either team getting a stong advantage for either team so I don’t anticipate any heroics coming from these games.

Up front, Carlos Tevez is the top performing player to date, closely followed by Andy Carroll and Didier Drogba. Drogba started the season in flying form but has struggled since his bout of malaria. He needs to recover a rich vein of form if he is to regain top spot in the battle of the strikers. Drogba at home to Villa and Tevez at home to Blackpool look good options for this week-end’s games.

Totelfootball
Treebeard

Re: Gameweek 21 Open

Post by Totelfootball »

btw... we've added a Refer A Friend promotional campaign to our site...

Invite your friends to join in the fun. If they win, you win. Your friend gets paid in full & you get a bonus of 10% of their winnings paid from TF. This bonus will be paid for 12 months from when your friend signs up.

If this might be of interest to you, then you'll find details on the site. Simply add a single bet & you'll be presented with an option to refer your friends to the site...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Totel Football”