To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Martin Brundle to Sky

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Formula One and Fantasy Motor Racing Games
CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Martin Brundle to Sky

Post by CanaryYellow »

:cry:

Cannot blame him but what a blow for the BBC. With only half the races live and losing their lead commentator i am seriously considering getting Sky now.

Fingers crossed they go for the excellent Ben Edwards (wouldnt complain if it was Anthony Davidson but would be a massive surprise if they gave him lead).

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Re: Martin Brundle to Sky

Post by CanaryYellow »

Picture starting to emerge now.

The Sky coverage will be hosted by Simon Lazenby who will have Anthony Davidson and Brundle alongside him before Brundle joins David Croft in the commentary box before the race, Davidson will do practice with Croft, Ted Kravitz and Natalie Pinkham are in the pits. Georgie Thompson formally of Sky Sports News will join Kravitz for the Sky F1 Magazine show.

BBC have announced that Jake Humphrey, David Coulthard, Eddie Jordan, Ben Edwards :D :D :D and Lee McKenzie will be part of their coverage in 2012. With a pit lane reporter still to be announced and a possible 2nd analyst.

James Allen will return to the commentary box for the BBC on Radio 5 in 2012 (possibly with Karun Chandock). Hope he does a better job than when he was commentating on a kart race i was running, had been nattering away in the control tower for 10 minutes i went to see what he was up to, turned out he was commentating away with the mic off and hand't realised. :lol:

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Martin Brundle to Sky

Post by Mystery »

Ben Edwards is a great shout although I'm not sure he'll be enough to ween me off of Brundle.

Also on Sky, Steve Rider will presenting a "Legends" series of interviews and historical features.

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

Ben is a quality choice 8-)

Wonder if the Beeb can get Wattie too ? :P

Mystery
FISO Knight

Martin Brundle to Sky

Post by Mystery »

Wattie bugs me. Bit too random at times. Almost like having EJ commentating, without the accent. And the charm. And the fashion sense (if you like the "ran through an Oxfam shop wearing glue" look)

Ok one bit of Wattie commentary I liked was last year when Stefan Mucke clouted Rich Westbrook off in a GT1 race deliberately. For more or less the next 10 minutes he was trying to convince us Mucke had a reputation for collecting opponents mirrors. Most weird.

Anyway.....

Achiles74
Dumbledore

Post by Achiles74 »

Who is Ben Edwards????????
Bring back Murrey Walker if Beeb want to compete with Sky

Mystery
FISO Knight

Martin Brundle to Sky

Post by Mystery »

The Beeb don't want to compete. If they could have sold out properly they would have.

Achiles74
Dumbledore

Post by Achiles74 »

They should have just given up the rights completely in that case and let ITV, C5 and C4 bid for them as well as Sky.

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

Achiles74 wrote:Who is Ben Edwards????????
Bring back Murrey Walker if Beeb want to compete with Sky
Obviously not a follower of Motor sport then. Ben and John (Watson) used to cover F1 on Eurosport back in the early 90s. He still commentates on other forms of motorsport and is a first class commentator IMO. Those who haven't heard him will have to wiat and see. Nothing can compare to Brundle's savvy knowledge of F1 having been there and done that for a decade or so but for out and out commentating, Ben may have the edge.
Mystery wrote:Wattie bugs me. Bit too random at times. Almost like having EJ commentating, without the accent. And the charm. And the fashion sense (if you like the "ran through an Oxfam shop wearing glue" look)
Love the Oxfam quote :lol: Still, I can vaguely remember when he won one of the US GPs from 23rd on the grid back in about 83 ? A corking drive 8-)

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Too busy scouting, watching Liverpool and polling the kop for opinions most likely. :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Motor Racing (incl F1)”