To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Legard is gone!

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Formula One and Fantasy Motor Racing Games
CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Legard is gone!

Post by CanaryYellow »

:D

Brundle on lead commentary supported by squarehead. Doubt Massa will be giving Coulthard too many interviews if he has to do the grid walks. :lol:

Happy days for 2011.

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Re: Legard is gone!

Post by Mystery »

What I heard is that Brundle insisted the grid walks remain. Not quite sure how that will work because DC will still be joining young 'un and EJ in pit lane before the race.

But I guess from the T-5 minutes FIA intro the routine is going to have to be different. Maybe Jake will do more from pit lane while Martin gets to the box. Can't imagine they'll allow DC to talk unhindered. God forbid!

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Can't say I'm sorry to see Legard go but is Brundle really cut out for the lead commentator role? I'm a big fan and so will miss his excellent summarising, which can be more important than the main job.

I've also read (allegations?) that he is still on the payroll at Red Bull so there are implications of bias.

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

If they have any sense they'll give David Croft a chance. His commentary on Radio 5 with Anthony Davidson is great.

If they don't have any sense, we'll have Jonny Herbert or Mark Blundell being co-commentator with Brundel.

Don't be surprised to see a Holly Samos or another female doing the pitwalks going head to head with the German bird!

Mystery
FISO Knight

Legard is gone!

Post by Mystery »

Martin has implied he'll still be doing grid walks himself.

Have to say my dream line up would be Martin, Crofty and Ant. Well Ant should be on the grid but since he's not....

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

stuboy wrote:If they have any sense they'll give David Croft a chance. His commentary on Radio 5 with Anthony Davidson is great.

If they don't have any sense, we'll have Jonny Herbert or Mark Blundell being co-commentator with Brundel.

Don't be surprised to see a Holly Samos or another female doing the pitwalks going head to head with the German bird!
That's a good shout but I've always said Ben Edwards is by far the best man for the job (Him and Wattie are a great double act - they do the A1 now but they used to cover F1 back in the early to mid 90s on Eurosport)

Anything will be better than Legard. His voice was soooooooo monotone.

Mystery
FISO Knight

Legard is gone!

Post by Mystery »

A1 has been dead for a year and a bit now. Ben can be found commentating on Superleague formula events now. Good good man, would never work for Beeb right now as they insist on exclusivity.

If in doubt of his skills under potential pressure You Tube search for Chris van der Drift's Brands Hatch prang

foreverengland
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st Fantasy Race to Dubai 2013, 3rd OFL 2012/13, 1st Yorkshire Post Golf 2010, 1st NGC Summer Golf 2010, 1st Mercedes-Benz World Cup 2010, 1st OFL Champs Lge 09/10.

Post by foreverengland »

Sorry to see Leagrd do - I actually thought he was OK.

In his place I'd like Adrian Childs to head up commentary.

Oops - my mistake. :oops:

I'd like Adrian Childs to do the grid walk.... about 5 laps in. :)

Tuscan Driver
Kevin and Perry

Legard is gone!

Post by Tuscan Driver »

Apparently, Radio 5 live's David Croft is going to be offered the job.

Mystery
FISO Knight

Legard is gone!

Post by Mystery »

Which job?

Tuscan Driver
Kevin and Perry

Legard is gone!

Post by Tuscan Driver »

Have you not been following this thread?

Mystery
FISO Knight

Legard is gone!

Post by Mystery »

Tuscan Driver wrote:Have you not been following this thread?
I used to write about motor racing so I'm fully aware of the situ.

MB is commentating with DC and Martin still plans to do grid walks. Jake and EJ presenting. Ted and Lee Mc in the pits.

Which job is open for Crofty to have??

Tuscan Driver
Kevin and Perry

Legard is gone!

Post by Tuscan Driver »

Lead Commentator...happy now!

TheTon
FISO Knight

Post by TheTon »

Tuscan Driver wrote:Lead Commentator...happy now!
Got a link, buddy?

BBC still say MB lead. Crofty leading 5live commentary.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... efault.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mystery
FISO Knight

Legard is gone!

Post by Mystery »

Nothing to see here Marty B will be lead commentating with DC and they've been doing some screen tests with last years footage to practice.

Crofty is great though and I'd love him to be doing something more high profile than R5L commentary plus the darts!

Tuscan Driver
Kevin and Perry

Legard is gone!

Post by Tuscan Driver »

TheTon wrote:
Got a link, buddy?

BBC still say MB lead. Crofty leading 5live commentary.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... efault.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But that webpage is outdated, look at the heading "Page last updated at 10:45 GMT, Monday, 17 January 2011"

Mystery
FISO Knight

Post by Mystery »

If that information is still current there's probably little reason to update.

As the TheTon said above, if you've got a link to share with a story I'd love to see it.

Tuscan Driver
Kevin and Perry

Legard is gone...enter David Croft

Post by Tuscan Driver »

He'd be wasted if his current contract isn't elevated from BBC radio 5Live status to BBC TV broadcast.
He certainly is not short on technical quotes his descriptive interview Here with Natalie Pinkham.

I can't see MB staying as sole anchor lead commentator and we have discussed here DC's non suitability for the role and Ted K, Lee Mac, are also non runners.

If Croft does not start the season as 'Lead' the Beeb will ease him into the job as he is better qualified than Legard ever was.

Mystery
FISO Knight

Legard is gone!

Post by Mystery »

Legard always looked temporary to me. I just thought it would be Martin with Ant Davidson this season. But Anthony's got a great gig as a Peugeot driver so isn't likely to return for a while. I don't think DC will last but I guess we'll find out soon.

Tuscan Driver
Kevin and Perry

Legard is gone!

Post by Tuscan Driver »

If anyone would like to nominate who in their opinion, should replace Jonathan Legard then go Here and make your views felt.
If BBC Radio 5Live don't respond, and on many occasion they can't always due to a heavy email response, they shall pass on fans personal influential recommendations to the head of BBC outside broadcast for F1.

foreverengland
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1st Fantasy Race to Dubai 2013, 3rd OFL 2012/13, 1st Yorkshire Post Golf 2010, 1st NGC Summer Golf 2010, 1st Mercedes-Benz World Cup 2010, 1st OFL Champs Lge 09/10.

Post by foreverengland »

Tuscan Driver wrote:If anyone would like to nominate who in their opinion, should replace Jonathan Legard then go Here and make your views felt.
If BBC Radio 5Live don't respond, and on many occasion they can't always due to a heavy email response, they shall pass on fans personal influential recommendations to the head of BBC outside broadcast for F1.
Went to the page, nomiated sporting guru Adrian Childs, and apparently my query has 'been passed onto the BBC Comedy Team who will respond in due course'. :wink:

Tuscan Driver
Kevin and Perry

Legard is gone!

Post by Tuscan Driver »

I sometimes get the same feeling especially everytime Ade Chiles comes on air or used to do his political banter.

Mystery
FISO Knight

Legard is gone!

Post by Mystery »

I'd love people to speak more about motor sport. Is this the right thread??

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Didn't know about that link, but Ken Dodd and Su Pollard have been nominated.

Mystery
FISO Knight

Legard is gone!

Post by Mystery »

I think I should be nominated to travel the world on a hefty expense account to talk about a few great drivers plus a load of overpaid no-marks carrying sponsorship. All in favour, say AYE

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

To be serious, there is far too much speaking during commentary on sports nowadays.

They should be silent, unless they have something interesting to say.

Tuscan Driver
Kevin and Perry

Legard is gone!

Post by Tuscan Driver »

blahblah wrote:ImageDidn't know about that link, but Ken Dodd and Su Pollard have been nominated.
Maybe we should nominate you blahblah?

bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Post by bluenosey »

Mystery wrote:I'd love people to speak more about motor sport. Is this the right thread??
How about an F1 chit chat thread then Mystery ? Maybe accomodating other forms of motor sport ?

F1 is the pinnacle of motor sport but the Indycar oval races knock spots of it in term of excitement. I also try and follow NASCAR (if still on Open Access channel) and the MotoGP, which also gives rise to some good races. Best You Tube Monza '71 for the last of the classic F1 slipstreamers.

PS Legard was the worse commentator ever. Worse even than Dr Jonathan "I'm right up Schumi's arse" Palmer.

David Croft is pretty good on the radio, so it's worth giving him a chance. Is it Anthony Davidson that co commentates - he's not bad too :) I'd like a go myself, but if Schumacher shut the door on someone I would fill the airwaves with expletives :lol:

You'll never beat Murray and James unfortunately.

Mystery
FISO Knight

Legard is gone!

Post by Mystery »

bluenosey wrote:
Mystery wrote:I'd love people to speak more about motor sport. Is this the right thread??
How about an F1 chit chat thread then Mystery ? Maybe accomodating other forms of motor sport ?
Good plan man!! The petrolhead chit chat thread is open for business over in the Sports Talk section :-)

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Decent debut on commentary i thought, DC pulling off a great spot with Lewis' floortray. Other than not mentioning Perez one stopping for an eternity i thought they did very well.

99% or 100% Rubens fault? :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Motor Racing (incl F1)”