To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Telegraph 'Hit and Hope' open for business!

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Telegraph 'Hit and Hope' open for business!

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Yup,the standard weather chaos for this crazy competition...Can't second guess this stuff...good luck all! :)

DD..

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

I suppose all you guys have Colin Ackermann in your team!? What a performance.

On another note I am continually impressed by Sam Hain and am surprised he didn’t get a mention for England’s problem number 3 position. Allow Root to stay at 4. Great technique and just like having Trott in there again.

As for fridays weather can’t really tell this early but doesn’t look great. Keep an eye on forecast on the day

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

Bluearmy16 wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 21:21 I suppose all you guys have Colin Ackermann in your team!? What a performance.

On another note I am continually impressed by Sam Hain and am surprised he didn’t get a mention for England’s problem number 3 position. Allow Root to stay at 4. Great technique and just like having Trott in there again.

As for fridays weather can’t really tell this early but doesn’t look great. Keep an eye on forecast on the day
Yup..we all have Ssscnackermann, and Haino in our teams :D :D :D

Tough call on England selectors for batters. So many CC players have 40+ averages...Pick and stick for a bit...OR go for this seasons form batters :idea: Root is World Class, and proves that every game....Other 4 batters...who knows

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Batsman Ackermann bowling right arm off break takes 7...bowler lilley bowling right arm off break none for 22 :( ...i know which one i got!
Largely disappointing so far...I can't help but pick my old favourites from yester year...the once mighty Kingram is now known simply as Colin. Willey cant buy a wicket and keeps getting pushed down the order but wherever he bats he rarely scores...The Klingertron...i'm surprised they asked him back :-(

Ingram is the most disappointing...captaincy has done him no favours. I actually did the previously unthinkable this week and shipped him from most of my teams. He'll score big on Friday now :-)

the new kids...Hain is incredibly consistent and seems to fly under the TFC radar. Banton obviously looks good...especially with his TFC rating. Babar is no.1 t20 batsman in the world but i've listened to Somerset games a few times and he does not strike me as someone who will explode. Very consistent though- he paces his innings over 20 overs and if all goes well he'll just sneak past the ton. Short looks good...perhaps the new Ingram? capable of scoring big and has a knack of taking at least 1 wicket per game

Good luck to all those who have got the flier...I need to start looking at the new order I think :-(

getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

Ingram's not bowling much either, in previous years he would chip in with a few wkts to go with his runs but he's only bowled a couple of overs so far, it certainly lessens his appeal, especially when he's not even getting any runs.

Livingston & Short are the go to top order batsmen who bowl 4 overs now.

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

Stayed clear of the traditional big guns like Klingertron, Willey and Ingram this year, no form and too expensive.

Nice to see sky returning to show Surrey again on tv. Must be about the tenth time they have been on sky this season. Last nights visit to mighty Grace road was probably a one off.

madterrier
Treebeard
FS Record: Runner-up (£1.5k) Metro FF
2nd, 3rd (£4k) Metro Champions League
3rd (£500) Mirror PL

Post by madterrier »

My working assumption yesterday was that all games today would be wiped out, and that may still be correct.

Yesterday it looked on the weather maps that Hove might get away with a clear spell late afternoon/early evening. But with a 7.00pm start and the maps changing today, I fear even the South Coast will get drenched as well. :evil: Mind you, Weather.com aren't even capable of drawing the curtains, looking out of the window and telling you what the weather is outside, let alone forecast it.

madterrier
Treebeard
FS Record: Runner-up (£1.5k) Metro FF
2nd, 3rd (£4k) Metro Champions League
3rd (£500) Mirror PL

Post by madterrier »

Bluearmy16 wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 19:10 Stayed clear of the traditional big guns like Klingertron, Willey and Ingram this year, no form and too expensive.

Nice to see sky returning to show Surrey again on tv. Must be about the tenth time they have been on sky this season. Last nights visit to mighty Grace road was probably a one off.
Opened with Ingram but he's been nowhere near my teams since daisy-chaining him out in Game 3.

Sky's obsession with Surrey must be for the cost/convenience of sending outside broadcast units just a short distance, rather than the cricket fair on offer. I live 3 miles from The Oval and go a few times. They have the highest ticket prices, the longest queues for expensive beer, and Tom Curran hat trick against Glamorgan apart, I've seen nothing yet to justify their place on Sky's pedestal.

getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

madterrier wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 09:57
Bluearmy16 wrote: 08 Aug 2019, 19:10 Stayed clear of the traditional big guns like Klingertron, Willey and Ingram this year, no form and too expensive.

Opened with Ingram but he's been nowhere near my teams since daisy-chaining him out in Game 3.

Sky's obsession with Surrey must be for the cost/convenience of sending outside broadcast units just a short distance, rather than the cricket fair on offer. I live 3 miles from The Oval and go a few times. They have the highest ticket prices, the longest queues for expensive beer, and Tom Curran hat trick against Glamorgan apart, I've seen nothing yet to justify their place on Sky's pedestal.
I can understand showing the games against Middlesex as they love a derby & Middlesex do have a certain AB De Villiers playing for them who's obviously a huge draw. Otherwise, yeah, give some of the others some screen time.

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

Yeah agree with you guys. Wasn’t the Tom Curran hat trick about the only Surrey game not shown on sky this season. To be fair it’s usually a good atmosphere at the oval as it was at lords last night and old Trafford on Saturday night.

Onto tonight the rain hasn’t hit Leicester yet. Hope it holds off.

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

madterrier wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 09:53 My working assumption yesterday was that all games today would be wiped out, and that may still be correct.

Yesterday it looked on the weather maps that Hove might get away with a clear spell late afternoon/early evening. But with a 7.00pm start and the maps changing today, I fear even the South Coast will get drenched as well. :evil: Mind you, Weather.com aren't even capable of drawing the curtains, looking out of the window and telling you what the weather is outside, let alone forecast it.
Fairly sure all the South East games will go ahead....weather maps look grim up north and the valleys :D :D :D

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Looks like De villiers has cried off again.

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

AbdV always on a 7 game deal, may come back.

Looks like the weather better than anticipated, few starts.

Full 13 out for Waikikamuka.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Telegraph 'Hit and Hope' open for business!

Post by Maldini »

Missed that. Balls.

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

Maldini wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 19:20 Missed that. Balls.
Back for the last two group games :D

Anyone know if he's here staying for the quarters, and finals if the Seaaxes qualify :?:

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

I believe that the original plan was for him to play the knockout rounds if Middlesex qualified....

DD..

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

Total washout this evening, as expected. And an annoying few days off T20 now, with a strange round of championship games in between (anyone see any logic in this?!)
Roll on next Thursday and some better weather!

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

robgraham wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 18:43 Total washout this evening, as expected. And an annoying few days off T20 now, with a strange round of championship games in between (anyone see any logic in this?!)
Roll on next Thursday and some better weather!

Not playing devils advocate here....but logic being a three pronged trident:
1. Whoever shows some form in the first innings of the CC games will be called into the Ashes squad.
2. All the best players are off to Euro Slam starts next week (or should have). So gives England eligible players some time in the middle.
3. Senior ECB on term time summer holidays.

From fantasy cricket point of view;
1. Whoever we captain in the CC game will be called into the Ashes squad on Tuesday after playing just one innings. See you later Zac.
2. Tom Banton and Ollie Robinson will get injured.
3. We'll only have Wayne Madsen and Colin Ackermann to chose from :?

:twisted:

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

The Euro T20 Slam has been cancelled. Which means, presumably, some Blast players who were due to disappear soon, now won’t. Anyone got any definitive news on Guptill? Azam? Rashid Khan? Luke Wright? Etc.

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

Ugh. Worcs - Notts match abandoned. Wasted transfers.
Wasn’t it New Road that’s had horrible drainage problems in previous seasons? Light rain for 2 hours really shouldn’t cause a total abandonment... :-(

(Btw, this forum has been v quiet recently! Has everyone given up? Or just too stunned, still, from events at Headingley at the weekend?! :-) )

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

It has been quiet recently Rob. Yeah think Worcestershire have really bad drainage there. Didn’t bother with transfers for that one game.

Getting to the business end now. I am thinking most people will have a lot of the same players at the moment. Babar, Banton, Short, Livingstone, Parkinson etc. Didn’t have Finch and he went big last night. How many transfers/captaincy changes people got left?

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

The weather at always wrecks this for me...I have nothing to play for except a bit of fun...Adequate transfers left for a laugh... :D

DD.

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

Got one team still just about in contention but will need afew lucky and less obvious captain choices to really compete with those at the top? Down to single figure transfers left so probably unlikely to really challenge. Rob looking good with 4 in top 20. With the weather now less certain does anyone know if there are reserve days for the quarter finals? Always a good possibility it could also affect finals day.

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

Jezza3 wrote:Got one team still just about in contention but will need afew lucky and less obvious captain choices to really compete with those at the top? Down to single figure transfers left so probably unlikely to really challenge. Rob looking good with 4 in top 20. With the weather now less certain does anyone know if there are reserve days for the quarter finals? Always a good possibility it could also affect finals day.
Yeah, I’ve got a couple of teams near the top, competing with ‘Rampant Lions’ (anyone know if Andrew Harvey is on FISO?). Today/ tomorrow will be interesting as there are quite a few equally-valid options for transfers and captaincy (and the weather forecast is good!). A number of teams playing for survival, particularly in the South group, and the likes of the returning De Villiers and the arriving Du Plessis could throw some spanners in the works. I’m at the Oval tonight so tempted to lump on Finch and make the evening more exciting! :-)

As usual, a dilemma on how many transfers to keep for the quarters and finals day...and whether to gamble and try to predict who will qualify.

Re rain, I seem to recall that, in years past, rained-off quarter finals did have a reserve day (the day after?). Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.

Good luck for the run-in, all.

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

Will be twitchy in the south group tonight.

As a finger in the air prediction, Essex, Hampshire, Somerset and Gloucestershire to win, leaving a top 4 of Sussex, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Hampshire.

No such excitement in the north group.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

The quarter finals are going to cause me a headache...not what I had expected! :wink:

DD

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

Any idea how the semis are drawn ?

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man

Post by kingcurtley »

It's a random draw after the final quarter final.

The first semi normally the less high profile game of the two, on paper.

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Wed 4th Sept Lancs v Essex @ 19:00 venue Durham (chester-le-st)
Thurs Notts v Msex
Fri Sussex v Worcs
Sat Gloucs v Derby

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

I am predicting wins for Lancs, Middlesex (closest one to call), Sussex and Gloucestershire.

Got about average points last night. Thursday screwed me over getting minus points from only two players playing. Still got 5 captaincy changes and a few transfers left so let’s see

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”