To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFC 2019 - County Challenge - team news and chat

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
hazzab
Treebeard
FS Record: Overall Champion of Cricinfo County Championship comp in 2009: a long time ago now!

Re: TFC 2019 - County Challenge - team news and chat

Post by hazzab »

News from Yorkshire (https://yorkshireccc.com/news/view/7542 ... cons-rlodc):

Rashid will not play in tomorrow's game (on ECB orders), though Willey will.

Does anyone know if Vince is going to be off in Cardiff for the weekend for the England meet-up/training camp?
Although he is "only" named in the squad for the Ireland ODI and the Pakistan T20 (i.e. he's not in the squad for the Pakistan ODIs and not in the provisional World Cup squad), with Hales' issues and Billings dislocating his shoulder today, I presume England would want Vince involved in all the pre-tournament gatherings.

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

hazzab wrote: 25 Apr 2019, 18:48 News from Yorkshire (https://yorkshireccc.com/news/view/7542 ... cons-rlodc):

Rashid will not play in tomorrow's game (on ECB orders), though Willey will.

Does anyone know if Vince is going to be off in Cardiff for the weekend for the England meet-up/training camp?
Although he is "only" named in the squad for the Ireland ODI and the Pakistan T20 (i.e. he's not in the squad for the Pakistan ODIs and not in the provisional World Cup squad), with Hales' issues and Billings dislocating his shoulder today, I presume England would want Vince involved in all the pre-tournament gatherings.
Hales is linking up with the England squad this weekend ...but then again...with all these "injuries" and "personal" issues....there could be about 5-6 newly added to the various squads :?

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Mike_ wrote: 25 Apr 2019, 08:51
melvin wrote: 24 Apr 2019, 17:58 Holder finishes on 29th April with Northants, (according to BBC website) perhaps just batting now and saving himself for the world cup :roll:
I believe he goes after the Yorkshire match 1st May
Northants have signed Ian Holland as cover for the rest of the campaign. "With 3 seamers down and an injury to Jason Holder we felt the need to add to our squad for the rest of our 50 over campaign." Northamptonshire head coach David Ripley said."

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

roverinexile wrote: 26 Apr 2019, 10:26
Mike_ wrote: 25 Apr 2019, 08:51
melvin wrote: 24 Apr 2019, 17:58 Holder finishes on 29th April with Northants, (according to BBC website) perhaps just batting now and saving himself for the world cup :roll:
I believe he goes after the Yorkshire match 1st May
Northants have signed Ian Holland as cover for the rest of the campaign. "With 3 seamers down and an injury to Jason Holder we felt the need to add to our squad for the rest of our 50 over campaign." Northamptonshire head coach David Ripley said."
Leg injury for Holder - may be back for the Yorkshire game next week (his last for mighty Northants).

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Hello chums! As tedious medical stuff has made me neglect my awful teams,I spent five hours going through every thing last night...Major surgery required for most of them....I don't intend to do much more for at least a week!

Hope you're all having fun... :)

DD....

hazzab
Treebeard
FS Record: Overall Champion of Cricinfo County Championship comp in 2009: a long time ago now!

Post by hazzab »

Hampshire website confirms that Vince plays tomorrow (Sunday) prior to joining up with the England squad for the Ireland ODI and the Pakistan T20.

He will surely not therefore play any more of Hampshire's group matches in the RL cup, as the dates clash with those England matches.

https://www.ageasbowl.com/cricket/news/ ... hire-rl50/

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

Post by El Tel of Ealing »

Wicket taker alert:we have a bowling wicket keeper.
Lace,the young netballer on loan for the season from Middx,took 2 yesterday.

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/48098094 Vince, Malan and Duckett called up by England after Hales misdemeanours.

robertos
Kevin and Perry

Post by robertos »

Does anyone know whether Malan and Duckett will be available tomorrow?

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

robertos wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 10:03 Does anyone know whether Malan and Duckett will be available tomorrow?
Can't see it as Vince was supposed to be omitted from the last two sqauds and join up with the group that Malan and Duckett have been called up for.....then again this whole Hales horror has put a spanner in the works and the ECB seem to be covering their asses :?

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Waikikamukau wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 10:25
robertos wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 10:03 Does anyone know whether Malan and Duckett will be available tomorrow?
Can't see it as Vince was supposed to be omitted from the last two sqauds and join up with the group that Malan and Duckett have been called up for.....then again this whole Hales horror has put a spanner in the works and the ECB seem to be covering their asses :?
Yet Vince is in the Hampshire team today!

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Ah b*llocks, I transferred him out this morning.

Nailed on that he gets a ton.

madterrier
Treebeard
FS Record: Runner-up (£1.5k) Metro FF
2nd, 3rd (£4k) Metro Champions League
3rd (£500) Mirror PL

Post by madterrier »

Maldini wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 11:11 Ah b*llocks, I transferred him out this morning.

Nailed on that he gets a ton.
Why didn't you wait until the teams were announced this morning? And I think Hants had said they expected him to play both the games over the past three days.

Have him as my captain and will bring in Dawson, Northeast to Clarke for him after today.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Work.

madterrier
Treebeard
3rd (£500) Mirror PL

Post by madterrier »

Maldini wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 11:23Work.
Ah. But you're posting now, a few minutes into the match?

At least it will be a good move from here on, as it looks like he may well miss all of May and June. Who did you replace him with? Might even work out over today's games.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Dawson.

Was in a meeting this morning and couldn’t be sure I would be out in time. Had I left it, he’d probably not have played. Sods Law.

Fingers crossed for a duck

Edit: though I see he’s already 26 not out from not very many balls.

madterrier
Treebeard
3rd (£500) Mirror PL

Post by madterrier »

I don't know, but I can't see it. Eng v Ire is on Friday and England like to prepare.

The other half of the question is whether they will get back in time after the Pak T20 game. Notts play the day after. Middlesex two days after, so I would have thought Malan would be available for Middlesex by then (he's also their captain). Duckett possibly not, although see no reason why he shouldn't as it's only a T20 game.

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Maldini wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 11:28 Dawson.

Was in a meeting this morning and couldn’t be sure I would be out in time. Had I left it, he’d probably not have played. Sods Law.

Fingers crossed for a duck ImageImage

Edit: though I see he’s already 26 not out from not very many balls.
Out for 28 so not a disaster.

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Worked out quite well so far.

A Michelle Pfeiffer would be nice now.

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

Maldini wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 14:24 Worked out quite well so far. Image

A Michelle Pfeiffer would be nice now.
Nice one :D

robertos
Kevin and Perry

Post by robertos »

Malan not in the Middlesex squad, so am glad that I took him out in the end. Thanks for the advice!

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

robertos wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 16:00 Malan not in the Middlesex squad, so am glad that I took him out in the end. Thanks for the advice!
Indeedy.....Still....Ross Taylor to chose from :D :D :D
Middlesex Website wrote:Middlesex will head to Radlett with changes forced upon them through international call-ups and injuries. Eoin Morgan, Paul Stirling, Tim Murtagh and Dawid Malan are all out on international duty – as England take on Ireland in Malahide on Friday, whilst Steven Finn misses out due to a right groin strain, which will keep him side-lined for up to four weeks.

Middlesex have named the following thirteen-man squad for tomorrow’s Somerset clash, with Stephen Eskinazi taking over the captaincy responsibilities in the absence of Dawid Malan…

Stephen Eskinazi (Captain)

Ethan Bamber

Nick Gubbins

James Harris

Tom Helm

Max Holden

Ollie Rayner

Sam Robson

Toby Roland-Jones

George Scott

John Simpson (wicket-keeper)

Nathan Sowter

Ross Taylor

LondonFife
Treebeard

Post by LondonFife »

I’m sure we’ve all seen this but Duckett not playing today (so that’s 3 matches he now probably misses) and Pattinson also misses out today - he’s rested.

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

Waikikamukau wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 10:25
Finally....A fairly refreshing and honest update on the Hales saga.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/48136883

Can't wait for Part II...The Witch Hunt :D :D :D

Anyway, England's loss is Notts gain :D Hale's been named for tomorrows squad :D :D :D :D

Notts Outlaws squad to face Durham (from): Jake Ball, Matthew Carter, Zak Chappell, Joe Clarke, Alex Hales, Luke Fletcher, Lyndon James, Jake Libby, Tom Moores, Steven Mullaney (c), Chris Nash, Samit Patel, James Pattinson, Luke Wood.

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

Liam Hurt will be out for a while with a dislocated kneecap, it looked horrendous when it happened but he did manage to walk off. Richard Gleeson is fit again and in the Lancashire squad today after a decent performance for the seconds.

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

No Rossington or Henry Brookes for me today, on top of transferring in Raine yesterday at 10.55 only for it to be rained off! :roll:

Caught a bit of the England and Ireland game yesterday. Think Tom Curran is a must for the 11. Feel sorry for Plunkett, all this talk of Archer taking his place. Fair play to him for picking up a four fer.

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

Post by El Tel of Ealing »

ESPN reports that Joe Clarke and Tom Kohler-Cadmore are blacklisted by the ECB for being members of the rapist Hepburn's Instagram crew back in Worcester days.
Whilst bad news for them,here are 2 batters who won't be called upon for England,The Lions or any other representative team the ECB can concoct.After Salt,it seems anyone is in danger of missing County games for England.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

If that is accurate then Giles must be setting standards from the start...Good for him...Given previous incidents,Duckett is pretty lucky..

How ironic for those of us who have a number of 'Salts' and were freaking about him missing the Sussex game...that he isn't playing for England today... :lol: Ya gotta laugh...

DD...

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

I have to say that I felt rather sorry for Durham,missing out on a pretty decent chance of qualifying as a result of the weather...hey,ho!

DD...

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 07 May 2019, 00:57 I have to say that I felt rather sorry for Durham,missing out on a pretty decent chance of qualifying as a result of the weather...hey,ho!

DD...
Yup. It's always seemed to me unfair that a win and a loss is considered better than 2 wash outs for good teams that are winning most of their matches.* In many situations this means that a team that already has had one wash out IN EFFECT gets zero pts for the second wash out. It would seem fairer that when two teams finish equal on points the deciding factor should be their win to loss ratio or their overall run rate. Durham win to loss ratio was 2 (4/2) whereas Lancs was 1.66 (5/3). Durham also had a better run rate.

* However it is fair for teams at the bottom who are losing most of their matches.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”