To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFC T20 2018

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
Black caviar
FISOhead
FS Record: Week 7 winner 2012 county cricket TFC and 5th overall t20 2012 weekTFF Week 24 2017 weekly winner weekwinner 2014. Week 17 weekly winner 2016. Week 19 TFFooty 2016

Re: TFC T20 2018

Post by Black caviar »

Jester wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 17:34
Black caviar wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 13:06
Jester wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 18:46 It's a way back but I think when I won I only had five playing on finals day - transfers all used well before then.
Luckily for me no-one else had any either!

Memory not what it could be but I thought it was the first year of T20 - think it must have been the first year the Telegraph ran a separate fantasy game though? I remember the prize was a grand - don't remember what I did with it though?!! lol

Edit: Just checked and I had six going into finals day with just two transfers remaining. Didn't use any in the QFs! I don't think many took it very seriously in that first season and I took advantage!
Hi Jester have you any ideas when the first Telegraph T20 comp was? I would be interested to know! Cheers Macca

It was 2008 - I won the inaugural competition! :lol:

It was an odd set-up really - the T20 and county game ran within the same competition as I recall but they somehow separated the T20 scores into an league of its own. I recall one of the players close to me told me he wasn't a threat as he was doing too well in the overall league. Luckily for me!
Cheers pal, doing rubbish this year, I came 5th in 2012. Never really liked T20, more of a test match man myself. Glad I am nearly 50 because the great game will possibly not exist much longer! Hope one of the fiso lads wins the comp, good luck men!

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Get in Worcestershire V Gloucestershire will be my last ever Cricket match in England, Love it! :P

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Kent V Lancs 7pm Thur 23rd
Durham V Sussex 6.30pm Fri 24th

Worcs v Glos 3pm Sat 25th
Somerset V Notts 3pm Sun 26th

Black caviar
FISOhead
FS Record: Week 7 winner 2012 county cricket TFC and 5th overall t20 2012 weekTFF Week 24 2017 weekly winner weekwinner 2014. Week 17 weekly winner 2016. Week 19 TFFooty 2016

Post by Black caviar »

ooozzzie wrote: 17 Aug 2018, 21:56 Get in Worcestershire V Gloucestershire will be my last ever Cricket match in England, Love it! :P
Are you emigrating, what is your destination,if you don’t mind me asking?

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Black caviar wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 01:08
ooozzzie wrote: 17 Aug 2018, 21:56 Get in Worcestershire V Gloucestershire will be my last ever Cricket match in England, Love it! :P
Pattaya 8-)

sichonsteve
Treebeard

Post by sichonsteve »

ooozzzie wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 03:58
Pattaya 8-)
Beat you to it by 10, nearly 11 years. Are you married? I wasn't until I retired and came here aged 51 - was married for the first time aged 51. Don't expect to see cricket on the TV here, but if you like football they show ALL 380 games live here.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

sichonsteve wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 10:36
Pattaya 8-)
Beat you to it by 10, nearly 11 years. Are you married? I wasn't until I retired and came here aged 51 - was married for the first time aged 51. Don't expect to see cricket on the TV here, but if you like football they show ALL 380 games live here.
Just got my ticket for the 1/4 final Worcs V Glos fantastic :lol: They are queuing up at Somerset for tickets.

No single, I can get Cricket on Now TV on my laptop, watch it all the time ,Vietnam Cambodia, and Thailand £30 a month with a VPN blocker for £2.99 a month. Sorted. I am most
certainly 1 million per cent not getting married again. No problem if anyone else wants to, but I have had enough of that idea myself. :lol: I am renting a villa with a pool to start with.
Might find a friend or two :lol: But no need for Sat TV I will have everything on laptops and tablet or phone and god knows what else.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Everything looking good for Ooozzzie...excellent!

As always,I took my eye off the T20...unused captains etc...Yesterday I thought I should try and rectify a little,with an eye on the quarter finals..Nearly all my transfers were utterly in vain...Christian, Ollie HD etc...should have practiced " radical non intervention! "😅

DD...

sichonsteve
Treebeard

Post by sichonsteve »

ooozzzie wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 11:36
sichonsteve wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 10:36
Pattaya 8-)
Just got my ticket for the 1/4 final Worcs V Glos fantastic :lol: They are queuing up at Somerset for tickets.

No single, I can get Cricket on Now TV on my laptop, watch it all the time ,Vietnam Cambodia, and Thailand £30 a month with a VPN blocker for £2.99 a month. Sorted. I am most
certainly 1 million per cent not getting married again. No problem if anyone else wants to, but I have had enough of that idea myself. :lol: I am renting a villa with a pool to start with.
Might find a friend or two :lol: But no need for Sat TV I will have everything on laptops and tablet or phone and god knows what else.
Got it well sorted then, I'm here for good now, not sure that I will ever return to England again TBH. Searched for a reason to and couldn't find any, the only things I miss are cricket obviously, pubs and real ales, nothing else at all.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Cricket, pubs and real ale?

What else is there? Get home now! lol

sichonsteve
Treebeard

Post by sichonsteve »

Jester wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 10:55 Cricket, pubs and real ale?

What else is there? Get home now! lol
There is a lot of validity in what you write, but everything else here is better!!

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Best of luck in your new life ooozzzie. Embrace the new culture and lifestyle, accept things will be different (good and bad), tolerate it and enjoy yourself. I hope you have a great day at Worcester to sign off in style!

I've got a ticket for Taunton on Sunday to watch the Somerset v Notts game - could the eventual winners come from this clash perhaps?

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Thanks for that, well its so unpredictable the T20 get to finals day and enjoy I think is the answer. If we turn over Worcester then we can believe. Somerset v Notts will be a cracker
for sure, will watch that on TV of course. We have 4 great 1/4 finals to enjoy. Setting off from Chelt on the 9.48, Breakfast and beer at 10.30 in the beautiful city of Worcester.
Going to drink all lunch then drink zero at the ground. Have a very busy last Saturday night in Cheltenham and England from 9pm! #party

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

Buttler and Jennings available for Lancs, Moeen for Worcestershire. Stokes not available as he’s injured a knee.

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

So who will make finals day?
my guess is Kent Sussex Worcester and Sommerset or Notts - ok your breaking my arm - Notts!

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

I had Kent as strong favourites to beat Lancs with livingstone still out...but the return of Buttler and Jennings evens things up a lot. Buttler is capable of winning a T20 game on his own and is obviously in good nick. I think worcs will be too strong for Glos who's openers seem to have hit a poor patch recently...Klinger struggling with his SR over past few games and Hammond getting out just as he's got in. I hope for Oooziees sake Glos win but worcs are a good T20 outfit at the moment and with Moeen available they must be favourites. Sussex bowling attack is soooo strong and with exception of Latham you wonder if durhams batting is strong enough...so I fancy Sussex in that one (from TFC perspective though I really need durham here!). Notts v Somerset is closest call for me...both capable of scoring huge totals with strong batting line-ups and good bowling attacks. I'd err towards Notts though cos they've got Hales :-)

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

Nabby wrote: 23 Aug 2018, 09:15 I had Kent as strong favourites to beat Lancs with livingstone still out...but the return of Buttler and Jennings evens things up a lot. Buttler is capable of winning a T20 game on his own and is obviously in good nick. I think worcs will be too strong for Glos who's openers seem to have hit a poor patch recently...Klinger struggling with his SR over past few games and Hammond getting out just as he's got in. I hope for Oooziees sake Glos win but worcs are a good T20 outfit at the moment and with Moeen available they must be favourites. Sussex bowling attack is soooo strong and with exception of Latham you wonder if durhams batting is strong enough...so I fancy Sussex in that one (from TFC perspective though I really need durham here!). Notts v Somerset is closest call for me...both capable of scoring huge totals with strong batting line-ups and good bowling attacks. I'd err towards Notts though cos they've got Hales :-)
The return of Jos and Jennings changes the batting from fragile to strong, especially as Clark is back - so Lancs to win for me. Worcester have been very impressive without Moeen so with him I have them as favourites - and I’ve got a few quid on at 33s! I saw Durham collapse against Lancs the weekend before last and they lacked that killer bowler on a pudding pitch. I wonder though if they’ll prepare a similar pitch to negate the Sussex pace trio and they’ll know what the pitch is and will prepare for it, so I’m going for Durham without Khan to worry about. I can’t call the last game but I’ve seen Somerset pull it out of the fire a few times and probably just have that little bit of know how to see them through.

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Lancs from: Brown, Buttler, Clark, Croft, Davies, Faulkner, Jennings, Khan, Lamb, Lester, Lilley, Parkinson, Vilas, Watt
Kent squad: Sam Billings (c/wk), Joe Denly, Daniel Bell-Drummond, Heino Kuhn, Marcus Stoinis, Alex Blake, Sean Dickson, Calum Haggett, Adam Milne, Imran Qayyum, Mitch Claydon, Ivan Thomas, Harry Podmore, Grant Stewart, Zak Crawley

Interesting for Lancs...assuming both Buttler and Jennings play who will miss out? is popular pick Lilley at risk?
Stoinis will presumably play for Kent and perhaps at the expense of Stewart?

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

Nabby wrote:Lancs from: Brown, Buttler, Clark, Croft, Davies, Faulkner, Jennings, Khan, Lamb, Lester, Lilley, Parkinson, Vilas, Watt
Kent squad: Sam Billings (c/wk), Joe Denly, Daniel Bell-Drummond, Heino Kuhn, Marcus Stoinis, Alex Blake, Sean Dickson, Calum Haggett, Adam Milne, Imran Qayyum, Mitch Claydon, Ivan Thomas, Harry Podmore, Grant Stewart, Zak Crawley

Interesting for Lancs...assuming both Buttler and Jennings play who will miss out? is popular pick Lilley at risk?
Stoinis will presumably play for Kent and perhaps at the expense of Stewart?
My take would be (assuming Kent aren’t daft enough to prepare a turner) Watt will definitely miss out and Croft and Lamb will probably miss out. I think we’ve played all season with Lilley at 3 and the reasoning for doing so doesn’t change tonight.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Saw Moheen get a 0 one game and then 100 odd soon after, and that was unbelievable, we need to get him out early for sure. I think Worcs are favs, but we do bat deep with lesser well known players that can do a lot of damage especially if Klinger holds up the other end. Moheen in great form though.

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

I'm going for Worcestershire and Sussex, but the other two I'm not so sure about. Lancs seem to find a way of winning so even though I think Kent have the edge in batting, I will go for an away win tonight. I agree with most that the Somerset v Notts game looks to be the closest call. Heart says home win, but it will probably be my jinx on them that sees Sunday as the time for an overdue bad performance (and probably rain at some point). Notts are like Lancs, they seem to find a way to win, so I'll reluctantly say Notts to beat the more impressive Somerset side. Whatever happens, I hope we get four good games and lots of points!

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Surprised , and rather disappointed(sorry wld😉) by last night's result...I am almost at the bottom with my teams..and now have to ditch my Kent players! Ha!

A couple of thoughts....The weather would appear to be fine for the next two days...but poor for Taunton on Sunday. Any idea if there are weather related reserve days...if even an unsatisfactory shortened game can't be played?

Also...' finals day' is so far away that the world will have turned in terms of injury,T20 practice and ( maybe...I don't know) availability of overseas players....just a thought...I don't actually care much for T20...😉....Just want Somerset to win the Championship,Worcs to stay up and Kent to get promoted....Not much to ask for,Santa!

DD....

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Its a good question about a reserve date, I searched on Twitter and there is a discussion going on and various answers and not really anything that you could say that is correct. One guy
talks about the ECB rules so I looked in them. Now it does say that a game can be re-arranged if agreed by both teams umpires and ECB, but re-arranged isn't really bad weather, its
a problem prior to that I would say. All fixtures must be completed by a set date, unfortunately would you believe the dates aren't right. So I think the rules are out of date. It goes
on to say that in event of bad weather a toss will take place. So who knows, its not clear at all. There is a spare day, Bank Holiday Monday, can it be used, your guess is as good
as mine. I thought it went down to a bowl off, but that's not mentioned in link below.

https://www.ecb.co.uk/governance/regula ... egulations You have to download the section you want to read you can't just read it.

https://twitter.com/antgib/status/1032556354337234945

Oh well that passed 30 mins of my life quite quickly. :roll:

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Reserve day on Monday can be used, but match officials will do anything possible to get a game in on Sunday. A game is classed as 'effective' if 5 overs played (presumably for each side otherwise it would be a No Result, which can't work in a knockout round). So if it's a total washout it would go to Monday. Basically, from a fan perspective, it needs to be all or nothing on Sunday.

https://twitter.com/AndrewCornish10/sta ... 9733556224

Some Lewis Gregory injury news too. Typically, I have him in my team.

https://www.somersetcountycc.co.uk/news ... ace-notts/

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

Ducks Deluxe wrote:Surprised , and rather disappointed(sorry wldImage) by last night's result...I am almost at the bottom with my teams..and now have to ditch my Kent players! Ha!

A couple of thoughts....The weather would appear to be fine for the next two days...but poor for Taunton on Sunday. Any idea if there are weather related reserve days...if even an unsatisfactory shortened game can't be played?

Also...' finals day' is so far away that the world will have turned in terms of injury,T20 practice and ( maybe...I don't know) availability of overseas players....just a thought...I don't actually care much for T20...Image....Just want Somerset to win the Championship,Worcs to stay up and Kent to get promoted....Not much to ask for,Santa!

DD....
Not a problem! Hoping there’s enough tickets to go round the members, just imagine the outcry if Liverpool only got 2% of the tickets to the FA Cup Final.

One thing last night confirmed is Posh Sam (as we affectionately call him in our house) is an absolute class act. Seemed a bit perturbed by the pitch, quite rightly IMO.

Last time Lancashire got to Edgbaston, the designated day for the quarter final against Glamorgan was washed out so we played the day after - at the same time as the televised game but obviously it wasn’t televised as well.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Thanks for all of that,chums! Some serious research there,Ooozzzie!☺

Gregory!....Groan....I have him in all of my four ( already tragic) teams....outstanding!😅

DD...

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Cheers for that, well it looks very much like sunshine and showers and a chilly north wind, so not great, but also I would think unless it all goes horribly wrong, both games will be
sorted on Sat and Sun.

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

Decent sunshine in Durham, raining in Leicestershire. Not a great crowd though. Presume James Weighell is injured, important player for Durham usually. Good start for Sussex, pace off the ball for their speedsters by the looks of it.

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

James Weighell has a broken hand according to Sky commentary.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Somerset have confirmed that if no play possible on Sunday then the game will be played on Monday but not on TV. All attempts will be made to get the game played on Sunday they say. But looking at the forecast now then it don't look good right now. But forecasts do change, so perhaps a bit early to write Sunday off just yet.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”