To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

New County Championship Thread 9th June Onwards

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Re: New County Championship Thread 9th June Onwards

Post by ooozzzie »

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 18:38 Yet another failure from Hameed...wow...

I am starting to think that Higgins needs close examination for the run in...he needs wickets for me as he sure as heck doesn't get any runs!

Rather inspired swoop on Brooks,Jim! I wonder if he will play once Coad is fit?

DD...
You keep moaning about Higgins, but he is 4th, if you don't like him, transfer him.

Batsman
1st Denly 7
2nd Vince 7
3rd Madsen 6
4th Higgins 4
5th Mitchell 6
6th Burns 5
7th Hildreth 5
8th Ackermann 5
9th Mullaney 7
10th Jennings 7

So I would stick with Higgins myself. He is low on runs compared to the others but 35 wickets is pretty good, compared with 0 for Burns. If he is 4th in the Batting list
and you can only pick 4 batsman, then you have the best you can get. But you are right he don't score many runs. TRANSFER him then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Is there a weekly this week? I guess not due to my hugeish score :D

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

jimwinn wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 22:02 Is there a weekly this week? I guess not due to my hugeish score :D
As I’m top, I’m guessing not! To be honest, I totally forgot it was Friday - Thursday and put a team in with Abbas as captain and Luke Proctor, not to mention Crawley, Denly and Ali. First time I’ve got Day one right and it presumably won’t count for anything!

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

898 is impressive wld

2 days does not make a week though :)

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

jimwinn wrote:898 is impressive wld

2 days does not make a week though :)
It almost did in 1974!

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

Two new players added:

Code: Select all

Curran, BJ		Northamptonshire	BAT	2
Maharaj, KA		Lancashire	BOWL	7[/cde]

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Ooozzzie,the problem is I want the brilliant early season Higgins...not the one I have in most of my teams now... of course if I transfer him he will immediately rediscover his mojo!😊.....I wonder if he has had too much cricket?

Not long to go now,Ooozzzie.....it will be wonderful...I love Thailand..and most of SE Asia....the first large Chang is on me!

All the very best....DD...

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

A good punt at 2 for the third Curran...weird that he isn't at Surrey....I wonder if he bowls a bit!😅

D D...

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 23:11 Ooozzzie,the problem is I want the brilliant early season Higgins...not the one I have in most of my teams now... of course if I transfer him he will immediately rediscover his mojo!😊.....I wonder if he has had too much cricket?

Not long to go now,Ooozzzie.....it will be wonderful...I love Thailand..and most of SE Asia....the first large Chang is on me!

All the very best....DD...
Yes I know he hasn't batted well last few games at all, hopefully though with a few wickets he can still be a good pick, and then just maybe he might get some runs soon. Not sure Glos are in
the right head space for this run in though. But for a 4 worth hanging on for I think and hope. Cheers yes D day today! Looking forward to today, first time long haul in Business Class, going to
make the most of it.

I think there is a weekly because this is week 20, and is not on the list of the weeks excluded. All weeks from now to the end of the season are included. Hopefully that is correct and good luck to wld

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

Thanks ooozzie, I’ll carry on as if there is a weekly - but stay away from Lancashire’s band of merry batsmen!

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

wld wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 08:27 Thanks ooozzie, I’ll carry on as if there is a weekly - but stay away from Lancashire’s band of merry batsmen!
Good luck. I also threw one in, forgetting there are only 2 days. Made it into top 10, but well behind you. Picked the wrong Northants bowler!

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Definitely play it as a weekly WLD...the T&Cs are clear on what weeks are excluded and week 20 is not on that list. Good luck!

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

And Higgins gets a wicket!....Yeah!😉

DD..

Rick Spangle
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC 2012 T20 - 3rd in runs league

Post by Rick Spangle »

Matt Henry straight back in the swing of it - this time with the bat!

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

roverinexile wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 09:06
wld wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 08:27 Thanks ooozzie, I’ll carry on as if there is a weekly - but stay away from Lancashire’s band of merry batsmen!
Good luck. I also threw one in, forgetting there are only 2 days. Made it into top 10, but well behind you. Picked the wrong Northants bowler!
Thanks, presumably Gleeson who I also had - until I took him out this morning!

Thanks all for the good luck messages but barring something miraculous this afternoon my horse has bolted with Brook, Williamson and Browne.

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

wld wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 13:01

Thanks all for the good luck messages but barring something miraculous this afternoon my horse has bolted with Brook, Williamson and Browne.
I had Buck yesterday. Also Williamson today. Very nearly captained Stewart, but switched at the last minute. He'll probably take a hatful now!

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Four from Higgins....probably my only success of the day so far...never doubted him for a minute,Ooozzzie!😅

Good luck to anyone in with a shout for the weekly!

DD...

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Higgins 15 overs 26/4 Get in

Missed your post DD, are you sure?

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

I have double checked and the Mighty Higgy is in all of my teams!😊

What time do you take off,Ooozzzie? I will raise a Bon Voyage glass to you..

DD....

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

In Air Canada lounge now ETD 2135 ...ETA Bangkok 1505 ETA Pattaya 1700 ETA Bar 1730! Just in time for 2nd day in Test Match!

Great recovery from Glos today. See Ian Bell got a big 200

Notts batting again, having a shocker

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

roverinexile wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 14:18

I had Buck yesterday. Also Williamson today. Very nearly captained Stewart, but switched at the last minute. He'll probably take a hatful now!
That's a shock. I somehow managed to win the weekly. First time winning anything in 25 years of playing this game (Times then TFC). Thanks to captain Curran!

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

roverinexile wrote:
roverinexile wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 14:18

That's a shock. I somehow managed to win the weekly. First time winning anything in 25 years of playing this game (Times then TFC). Thanks to captain Curran!
Well done! Every decision I made on Wednesday was right, every decision on Thursday was wrong!

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 23:26 A good punt at 2 for the third Curran...weird that he isn't at Surrey....I wonder if he bowls a bit!😅

D D...
He's bowled 50 overs for his club side (Weybridge, Surrey Championship) over the last 5 seasons so I doubt it. If fact his batting stats are fairly average for the league (335 runs @ 33.5 this year) so surprising he has been picked up by a county.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Very well done in this rather unusual weekly,Rover! Hard luck wld...

Thanks for the Curran info DL...Doesn't seem like all three will play for England soon!

Fantastic show from Moeen....the last couple of wickets are being rather resilient.....Fingers crossed that the England openers hold their nerves..

DD.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man

Post by jimwinn »

The chances of the openers holding their nerve are remote DD. If you're a betting man get on India

ooozzzziieeee
Treebeard

Post by ooozzzziieeee »

Well done Rover.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Thankfully,not a betting man,Jim!😊

Ooops...Jennings out bang on lunch......and a review chucked away...

An emphatic victory for Gloucestershire with another 4 wickets from The Mighty Higgy!

Thinking of Gloucestershire,I see that the above post is from someone with a name confusingly similar to Ooozzzie,who is hopefully now safely in Thailand..

DD.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

It was me DD My phone logged me into Tapatalk with a different account name, will have to look at that. Yes great win for Glos and all fine here. Will message you later.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

" There's only one..or two..Ooozzzies!😉"....I had "a poke" at the other spelling and Weymouth popped up. ...

I hope all is starting to fall into place nicely.....That talking to that you gave young Higgy worked nicely!

DD...

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Reminder for everyone that games start at 10:30 tomorrow as we're into September.

Lots of squad news about, though no time to post right now. Surrey have helpfully named a squad of 16! Lancs have shaken up their squad and dropped Hammed, Jones & Chanderpaul.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”