To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

New County Championship Thread 9th June Onwards

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Re: New County Championship Thread 9th June Onwards

Post by ooozzzie »

hancockjr wrote: 26 Jul 2018, 22:20
ooozzzie wrote: 25 Jul 2018, 18:42 Well great day, we always looked just favorites but never by a massive amount. And there were times when we started to look like we desperately needed a wicket and then we got one. Massive wicket of Stokes who again looked out of nick, he hit one good shot, and that was it.....in two innings!! So I think really for a player of his calibre you could say he lost them this game, and I dont think that is being harsh at all. Perhaps though might be better to say man of the match Ryan Higgins, great game, they kept calling him back today and he got 3 wickets, that's not bad.
Others all contributed as I said this morning, no real stars, but they plug away. Very pleased with that win, it was another nailbiter we have had our money's worth here two great games. Just the T20 on Friday to go, but rain could be an issue. Worry about that on Friday. celebration tonight.
Stokes took 8-118 and he lost them the game? What an extraordinary statement.
I said all along he bowled fine, but his batting was awful and it did lose them the game. I watched him, he was terrible, for an England player of his calibre 3 off 31 deliveries is just woeful. 2nd innings no real improvement but he did manage 9 off 15. They were only 44 runs short, and really you should expect him to get that in 2 innings. Mind you, you didn't watch him did you? He was like a school kid no idea at all. Be interesting to see how he goes in the test match. Hopefully a lot better.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

We can't know what his instructions were. Could be he was told to go for time at the crease rather play his normal, more expansive game - out of his comfort zone I expect. He could even have been told not to show what he can do with the bat - the Bods in charge have made stranger calls in the past!

We need you as a bowler son, don't worry about that batting nonsense! lol

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Well he didn't look happy walking off. But whatever his instructions were he should have been good enough to cope with Div 2 bowlers, but he was nowhere near most deliveries.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

I never ,ever trust him with anything....There is more chaos waiting,just down the line!😅

DD...

Fatbellywobblebottom
Kevin and Perry

Post by Fatbellywobblebottom »

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 26 Jul 2018, 22:03 I know what you mean...I am a little concerned that I won't have enough transfers to cope with injuries and unanticipated England call ups!😉

DD....
How many transfers do you have left? I' p[retty well used up now...:-(

Fatbellywobblebottom
Kevin and Perry

Fatbellywobblebottom wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 15:44
Ducks Deluxe wrote: 26 Jul 2018, 22:03 I know what you mean...I am a little concerned that I won't have enough transfers to cope with injuries and unanticipated England call ups!😉

DD....
How many transfers do you have left? I've pretty well used mine up now...:-(

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

I have checked....11 to 7......gulp!😅 Average about 8.5.......ha!

DD...

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

I'm 18-21 transfers and just 6-10 captain changes left. Not sure what I'll use them for :!:

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Eh...can you transfer some unneeded transfers to me,please?😉

DD...

Fatbellywobblebottom
Kevin and Perry

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 00:20 Eh...can you transfer some unneeded transfers to me,please?😉

DD

I'm down to 3 or 4 in all treams with a fair number of captain changes however. When will I learn not to blow them all too early!

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Good luck with it,Fatbelly....I always use too many just to get my teams in some sort of long term shape...and then the usual rubbish happens!😅

DD....

Waikikamukau
Treebeard

Post by Waikikamukau »

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 00:20 Eh...can you transfer some unneeded transfers to me,please?😉

DD...
No worries DD. Can't see I need them given where I am in the league. . Let me know how I transfer the transfers to you :!:

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Many thanks,Wacky....you're a pal! Suggest you just cut them out and post to Telegraph Towers with a covering letter...should be up and running for the next round of games.....brilliant....Totally chuffed!

DD....😉

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Norwell heading to Warwickshire and Myburgh to retire....

DD..

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

I read that Alex Lee's is to move from Yorkshire to Durham....Good to see after the " talent drain" over the past few seasons following the shocking punishment they received from the horrific ECB....

I hope this works out to the benefit of all concerned....

DD.

Apologies....my stupid machine will not permit me to type Alex's surname without an apostrophe....time for it to receive another " damned good thrashing! "

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

Back tomorrow. SCurran, Moeen and Porter all released to play.

Derbyshire 13

26. Ben Slater
1. Billy Godleman
77. Wayne Madsen
18. Alex Hughes
87. Sean Ervine
20. Matt Critchley
16. Harvey Hosein
65. Anuj Dal
28. Tony Palladino
7. Hardus Viljoen
69. Lockie Ferguson
75. Hamidullah Qadri
41. Ravi Rampaul

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

Middlesex 13

Dawid Malan (captain)
Ethan Bamber
Stephen Eskinazi
James Fuller
Nick Gubbins
James Harris
Max Holden
Eoin Morgan
Tim Murtagh
Ollie Rayner
Sam Robson
George Scott
Robbie White

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man

Post by kingcurtley »

And more below. Waiting, from what I can find, on Essex, Yorkshire, Hampshire, Gloucestershire, Warwickshire and Worcestershire (do post if you see them as off to Trent Bridge early!)

Somerset 13 - Abell, Ali, Bess, Byrom, Davey, Davies, Gregory, Hildreth, Leach, C Overton, J Overton, Trescothick, Waller

Sussex 13 - Brown, Archer, Beer, Briggs, Burgess, Finch, Haines, Jordan, Rawlins, Robinson, Salt, Wells, Wiese

Nottinghamshire 14 - Jake Libby, Chris Nash, Steven Mullaney (c), Mark Footitt, Riki Wessels (wk), Harry Gurney, Luke Wood, Matt Milnes, Luke Fletcher, Matt Carter, Samit Patel, Will Fraine, Billy Root and Kraigg Brathwaite.

Glamorgan 11 - Hogan ©, Murphy, Brown, Selman, Meschede, Lloyd, Cooke, Carlson, Salter, Smith, Carey.

Durham 13 - Paul Collingwood (c), Cameron Steel, Alex Lees, Will Smith, Graham Clark, Gareth Harte, Michael Richardson, Stuart Poynter (wk), Axar Patel, Josh Coughlin, Barry McCarthy, Matt Salisbury, Chris Rushworth

Leicestershire 12 Horton (capt), Abbas, Ackermann, Chappell, Cosgrove, Dearden, Dexter, Eckersley (wk), Griffiths, Javid, Parkinson, Raine

Kent 13 Billings (capt & wk), Bell-Drummond, Claydon, Crawley, Denly, Dickson, Kuhn, Podmore, Riley, Stevens, Stewart, Thomas, Robinson

Northants 12 Buck, Crook, Curran, Duckett, Hutton, Kleinveldt, Levi, Proctor, Sanderson, Vasconcelos, Wakely, Zaib

Surrey 15 - Rory Burns (c), Gareth Batty, Rikki Clarke, Sam Curran, Tom Curran, Jade Dernbach, Aaron Finch, Ben Foakes, Arun Harinath, Will Jacks, Stuart Meaker, Morne Morkel, Ryan Patel, Mark Stoneman Amar Virdi

Lancashire 13 - Tom Bailey, Josh Bohannon, Shiv Chanderpaul, Steven Croft, Alex Davies, Haseeb Hameed, Rob Jones, Danny Lamb, Toby Lester, Joe Mennie, Graham Onions, Matthew Parkinson, Dane Vilas ©

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Good work KC

Hampshire Squad:

Jimmy Adams (4)
Liam Dawson (8)
Sam Northeast (17)
Rilee Rossouw (30)
Tom Alsop (9)
Joe Weatherley (5)
Gareth Berg (13)
Ryan Stevenson (47)
James Vince (14) Captain
Fidel Edwards (20)
Dale Steyn (2)
Kyle Abbott (51)
Ian Holland (22)

Essex squad:

Ryan ten Doeschate (27) (captain)
Ravi Bopara (25)
Nick Browne (10)
Varun Chopra (6)
Sam Cook (16)
Simon Harmer (11)
Dan Lawrence (28)
Jamie Porter (44)
Matt Quinn (94)
Peter Siddle (64)
Tom Westley (21)
Adam Wheater (31) (wicket-keeper)

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Worcestershire:
Mitchell
Moeen Ali ©
Clarke
Fell
Milton
Westbury
Cox (w)
Barnard
Whiteley
Parnell
Morris
Tongue
Pennington

Can't see Yorkshire squad, but they have signed NZ batsman Jeet Raval to replace the injured Kane Williamson.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Many thanks for the information ,one and all.I think I will wait to see just who is going to play..very helpful small squad from Surrey!😉

DD....

mincer
Treebeard

Post by mincer »

GLOUCESTERSHIRE SQUAD TO FACE @WarwickshireCCC AT EDGBASTON TODAY IN THE SPECSAVERS COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP🏏

Dent (c)
Hammond
Bracey
Roderick (wkt)
Howell
Charlesworth
Higgins
Miles
Payne
M.Taylor
Drissell
Lintott

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Yorks
Willey c, Ballance, Bresnan, Brook, Brooks, Fisher, Kohler-Cadmore, Leaning, Lyth, Poysden, Shaw, Tattersall wk, Williamson.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Was all set to go to Egbaston tomorrow but looking at the score 127 all out and 103/0 with an hour or so to go, I really don't think it is worth it. Glos have put a lot in the T20 they have switched off today. Weather ok but not exceptional, think I will watch the Test Match instead, yes that's going well :roll:

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Yes,Ooozzzie...I wonder if some have had " too much cricket... " Didn't have time to even look at my Championship teams...but I know I have a lot of Higgins....duck!😅

There seem to be a number of names of that are new to me spread around the teams..

DD..

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Does anyone know why Coad isn't playing?...By far my biggest miss....Still,need to decide whether to keep or change within the next 15 minutes as not available in the morning!

Thanks, DD....

Rick Spangle
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC 2012 T20 - 3rd in runs league

Post by Rick Spangle »

According to the Yorkshire post website, he has an injured side and is set to miss the next 2 CC games. You'd expect this info to be somewhere on the official site, but I can't find it - time for my regular gripe about the quality of the official county cricket sites in general :x
Incidentally in the same report, Steve Patterson may be out for the rest of the year.
https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/c ... -1-9299390

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Thank you Rick.Damned nuisance!
DD.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Capt Jack Leach will put me close in weekly

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

I had speculated!😉

In terms of Championship drama I was sorry that Lancs didn't get over the finish line earlier....I would like to see Somerset pull it off...probably unlikely now...

DD...

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”