To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFC T20 Blast 2017

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Re: TFC T20 Blast 2017

Post by getfunky »

The Catman wrote: 27 Jul 2017, 09:47 Glad you said someone could come from 1000 pts back....that sums up my best team now after some "wonderful" team changes.
Yeah it's very unpredictable, Willey's the difference between me being 2nd or 80th in just two innings & in both games he could've easily gone out cheaply. Alot of luck involved
Last edited by getfunky on 27 Jul 2017, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

Post by El Tel of Ealing »

I won this last year and came from 1000 points back on Finals Day alone.
If you remember the quarter finals went against form,leaving the front runners short for the finals.Having a load of transfers meant I could bring in 'new' players (Mark Wood) and the returning superstar Dre as captain.
It is shaping up to be just as crazy this year.Remain diligent and hope the dropped catches go your way-it is possible

mincer
Treebeard

Post by mincer »

I too have a couple of teams up there. Never been in this position for the T20 before (had success in the County version), and unsure of how many transfers to hold back for quarters onwards.

One thing for certain is that if you hit the captain right you can climb the table very quickly, ie Willey 114 (whom I didn't have).

Best of luck all.

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

What about 2400 points behind and with Joe leach still in your team!?

mincer
Treebeard

Post by mincer »

10 wickets plus 200 plus runs as captain should do it :D

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Bluearmy16 wrote: 27 Jul 2017, 14:02 What about 2400 points behind and with Joe leach still in your team!?
......struggling?

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Well played Kent - second successful 200 run chase (d/l)

Well nearly :wink:

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

Ha! Managed a minus-54 score in one of my teams last night. And a minus-8 in my best team. Wonderful! :-/

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

@robgraham: Nice work! My tale of woe is bringing in Luke Wright (c) and Archer to go alongside Mills in the same team. To do it, I had to get rid of two players, one of whom had to be Sowter who has been dreadful since I put him in and I knew was one of few likely to get a decent amount of time on the field tonight. All because of the deadlines... :roll:

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

Oh FFS! Just realised Wright's not playing. @Fantasist, like you, put him in to a few teams tonight, based on weather forecasts and fixtures. Don't know why I bother doing all this research sometimes...

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Painful. If I had known the team five minutes earlier, captaincy would have gone to Klinger (my original plan before seeing how the weather had shaped things), Archer would have been in for Mills and Sowter would have stayed in for another match. I'd have used less transfers, had some spare credit to upgrade Sowter in a day or two, and scored a load more points :roll:

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

Yep, proving very tricky at the moment with the weather. I seem to be concentrating more on the forecast than anything else at the moment.

Tonights game not looking great and sunday tricky at the moment.

Best team in 10th with 18 left. Have always left myself short at the Qf stages in this so hopefully looking like i might have a few more than normal

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Yes agree with Toffeeman

Light rain moving all up the south coast, London quite soon, could be the end of Test Cricket for the day before lunch. Chelmsford going to get it all afternoon, not 100% sure about 7pm onwards yet but it doesn't look great the late start might be the saviour, but I wouldn't bet a lot on it.

Tomorrow, showers all over, but we should get some Cricket, impossible to forecast as they are just all over the place.

Monday looks ok. :roll:

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

I'm off to Somerset v Sussex this afternoon. Unfortunately have ditched Wright and Mills after the debacle the other day. That team is seriously messed up now, but I do have vd Merwe and Archer in it to keep me interested.

I've been hoarding transfers in my other team and have decided to go big today with four changes. If you have DBD, Ronchi, Ingram or Rashid, may I apologise in advance. I know the weather will screw my plans up and they will all lose form, but it was time to ditch all my Essex 'players' and Morgan too. Now more comfortable having Ingram in both teams and starting to eliminate those playing for strugglers.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Fantasist wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 12:56 I'm off to Somerset v Sussex this afternoon. Unfortunately have ditched Wright and Mills after the debacle the other day. That team is seriously messed up now, but I do have vd Merwe and Archer in it to keep me interested.

I've been hoarding transfers in my other team and have decided to go big today with four changes. If you have DBD, Ronchi, Ingram or Rashid, may I apologise in advance. I know the weather will screw my plans up and they will all lose form, but it was time to ditch all my Essex 'players' and Morgan too. Now more comfortable having Ingram in both teams and starting to eliminate those playing for strugglers.

Yours is the only game that hasn't started on time...

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

There should be some pretty big scores today - I reckon you may lose ground with 500 points. As usual, I captained the lowest scoring of my bats and all-rounders. Very nearly went for Hales, too. :(

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Doogal wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 19:22 There should be some pretty big scores today - I reckon you may lose ground with 500 points. As usual, I captained the lowest scoring of my bats and all-rounders. Very nearly went for Hales, too. :(

I reckon that the majority got the Hales/Ingram captaincy decision wrong. Apart from anything else the Canterbury weather promised to be the best of the six grounds. :(

irtysh
Treebeard

Post by irtysh »

Striker wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 20:26
Doogal wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 19:22 There should be some pretty big scores today - I reckon you may lose ground with 500 points. As usual, I captained the lowest scoring of my bats and all-rounders. Very nearly went for Hales, too. :(

I reckon that the majority got the Hales/Ingram captaincy decision wrong. Apart from anything else the Canterbury weather promised to be the best of the six grounds. :(
Yeah tbf with Notts batting second when the rain was forecast Ingram was definitely the percentage call. (Of course, I managed to cleverly avoid this dilemma by not having Hales!)

robgraham
Red & Blue Braces

Post by robgraham »

Striker wrote:

Yes, very tricky reading the forecasts at the moment. Kent-Glamorgan looked to be the only guaranteed game so also went for a few Ingram captains rather than Hales or any all-rounders. Luckily big points elsewhere (>1000 in 1 team!) made up for it. Collingwood a nice differential in a couple of teams.

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Jester wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 14:52
Fantasist wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 12:56 I'm off to Somerset v Sussex this afternoon. Unfortunately have ditched Wright and Mills after the debacle the other day. That team is seriously messed up now, but I do have vd Merwe and Archer in it to keep me interested.

Yours is the only game that hasn't started on time...
Too true, and a typical day of English cricket. Dry and sunny all morning until I got in the car just after 1pm, then it started to hammer it down. Arrived at the ground, rain heavy then reduced to on and off, before finally umpires did an inspection. We then stood around for another 30 minutes in the dry and fairly decent sunshine, until they decided we could start (at 5.05 pm I think) we had three balls then the rain returned. So we were off for another hour or so, most of which was dry and sunny, we came back on and almost immediately it started hammering down. So basically we stayed dry when there was no action and sat in the rain getting soaked for the entire 16 overs of playing time. At least the umpires didn't call it off, although they wouldn't have ever considered starting the match with rain like that. All in all, it was a total debacle.

I know the umpires are in control, but the waiting around in good dry weather (followed by extra delay for players to warm up again) really doesn't do anything for the spectators frustrations. The club are blameless but having only three workers and one very basic 'blotter' didn't speed up the process of uncovering and getting started again either. It's not as though they don't sell enough alcohol, coffee and food to cover the cost of a couple more ground staff.

Sussex didn't ever seem up for it and it was the easiest victory Somerset will ever get.

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

I found these titbits while perusing the beeb:

Handscomb has played his last T20 game for Yorks, replaced by Sarfraz Ahmed who I cannot see has been added to the list yet. This also means Handscomb is not available for the remaining championship games and will be replaced by Shaun Marsh
Corey Anderson has been replaced by Fakhar Zaman due to injury - also cant see that he has been added yet.
Dean Elgar will be available to Somerset for final 3 t20 games, however will not be available to the county for any more championship games.

Return of the Yak
Kevin and Perry

Post by Return of the Yak »

Hey guys, any reason why the scores from Sunday haven't been updated yet? Last update was 28th according to my teams.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

That's wrong Yak - the weekly performance screen includes the Sunday games

The YTS guy must be doing the football this week

Keep an eye on the Benny Howell hamstring update

http://www.gloscricket.co.uk/preview-ho ... t-t20-run/

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Re: TFC T20 Blast 2017thanks for

Post by Toffeeman »

Thanks Nabby the handscomb news aint great for my top placed county team :twisted:

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Well the weather today is in biblical proportions in the south, it is absolutely shocking, but looking at the trusty radar it looks like the nearest its going to get to Leicester is about 30 miles, which is another miracle. There are showers around but fingers crossed this game tonight will be alright. Couldn't say 100% but has to be high 90's. If it changes will try and let you know, because 30 miles isn't that far 8-)

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

Hmm, hope you're right, but there's some heavy stuff in the Cardiff area, a bit north of the main volume of cloud, and it looks as if it may be on target for Leicester - may take 3 or 4 hours to get there though.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Radar picture a lot worse now, but very patchy and not heavy. Impossible to say what is going to happen

Bloody weather :twisted:

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

So McCullum sails off into the sunshine (can't blame him for that) but was he worth it?

7, 9, 10, 10, 88, 0, 7, 63, 26

I suppose if Middlesex were in a great position to qualify, but they are not, and if they lose tonight, its not looking good.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Any reason why Southee isn't playing?

Aha -

Middlesex’s Tim Southee also misses out on the clash tomorrow, with him always only scheduled to play thirteen of the club’s fourteen group matches. Southee has temporarily travelled back to New Zealand, however will return for the club’s next T20 Blast encounter next week at Lord’s.

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

I wouldn't say Mccullum was a great success no. Middlesex are struggling as well. The team they had out last night was nowhere near as strong as it could be so they have been hit with that. Scores from last night don't seem to be up yet, I might have broken into the top 2000 in one team. Finally switched Luke wright for Madsen! About two weeks too late I suspect!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”