To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFC 2017

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Re: TFC 2017

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

With my standard genius for this game....last night I stuck in two teams based on the Mid/Hamps game... one had Mid batting first,the other Hamps....

During the night I was thinking about the weather and how good the drainage is at Lord's these days....I then remembered that this was at Uxbridge......

You can imagine my feelings on reading that no play possible today....

Yet another two teams with 30 transfers to be resurrected next week!

Ya gotta laugh....

DD....

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 12 Sep 2017, 12:04 With my standard genius for this game....last night I stuck in two teams based on the Mid/Hamps game... one had Mid batting first,the other Hamps....

During the night I was thinking about the weather and how good the drainage is at Lord's these days....I then remembered that this was at Uxbridge......

You can imagine my feelings on reading that no play possible today....

Yet another two teams with 30 transfers to be resurrected next week!

Ya gotta laugh....

DD....
don't forget dd - the wekly started on Friday...so leaders are already on 500+

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Nabby,my plonkerhood knows no limits....Make that another FIVE teams with 30 transfers for next week...and another four new teams to use....

And no Coad.....gulp!😂

DD

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Well after a transfer mess up my teams in 3rd and 7th are out of the running for this weeks highest scorer prize. First time I had tried to keep 2 windows open on 2 teams at once. Thought I had made changes to both teams but somehow managed to transfer into one team then somehow transfer (some) back to the original players at a transfer cost - so used 11 transfers in one team to effectively changed 4 players - and the others mostly bowlers are back to original picks. Should of used 7 transfers.
Team in 7th ended up back to original team with no transfers made!

So just have to accept my carelessness/bad luck!

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

primitive man wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 11:11 Well after a transfer mess up my teams in 3rd and 7th are out of the running for this weeks highest scorer prize. First time I had tried to keep 2 windows open on 2 teams at once. Thought I had made changes to both teams but somehow managed to transfer into one team then somehow transfer (some) back to the original players at a transfer cost - so used 11 transfers in one team to effectively changed 4 players - and the others mostly bowlers are back to original picks. Should of used 7 transfers.

I'm not sure it likes you have different teams open at the same time and gets confused between them. It may not have been you!

getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

roverinexile wrote: 12 Sep 2017, 11:30Remember they start on Fridays
Good thing I forgot then. Thanks for the reminder

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

I see that Vince has got a hamstring injury....Will this be him out for the season?

Also, I read that Coad was 'rested.' Is that a euphemism for dropped?

Many thanks, DD...

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

roverinexile wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 13:36
primitive man wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 11:11 Well after a transfer mess up my teams in 3rd and 7th are out of the running for this weeks highest scorer prize. First time I had tried to keep 2 windows open on 2 teams at once. Thought I had made changes to both teams but somehow managed to transfer into one team then somehow transfer (some) back to the original players at a transfer cost - so used 11 transfers in one team to effectively changed 4 players - and the others mostly bowlers are back to original picks. Should of used 7 transfers.

I'm not sure it likes you have different teams open at the same time and gets confused between them. It may not have been you!
Think the reset button played a part! Ended up with no transfers used in one team. First time Id tried using 2 screens for transfers at same time! Looking at the team I wanted for the team that was in 3rd to the team I played looks like I only was less than 100 points down as desired team did pretty badly anyway.

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Ducks Deluxe wrote: 13 Sep 2017, 17:53
Also, I read that Coad was 'rested.' Is that a euphemism for dropped?

Many thanks, DD...
I'm sure it's rested DD...he has played 2 championship games since 3rd Jul after all

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Yes,Nabby... that was my thinking,also!

Oh...and big thanks for the reminder about the Friday starts...I returned to the UK last week and barely knew what day it was ....a three day Test didn't help....and totally lost the plot re the TFC week......Ehhh....that's my excuse.... and the dog ate my homework, Sir! :)

Congrats due to Essex today....Funny to think that I had Porter and Harmer in several of my starting teams and dropped them after a month or so....

Have to feel a bit sorry for Middlesex.... Docked points last week for slow over rate in the game that was called off due to the crossbow bolt incident and then the chaos at Uxbridge this week when ,due to the three day Test,they could have used Lord's with it's superior drainage system.....

Glad to read that Cpn Fantastic seems set to play next year for Kent...Dear knows they need him!

DD....

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

It's gone very quiet on here again....

Last night I nearly drove myself nuts...I 'resurrected' no less than seven old teams to have a tilt at the weekly. I know that I will be pretty busy in the last week and won't even be able to handle my remaining unused credits!

I hope the weather doesn't interfere too much with the next two rounds....eg Som/Mid in the last round should be tasty!

DD....

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

I launched a couple of teams at the weekly...viljoen captained in one and Marsh in the other...so good start, but for some reason ignored Stevens in both :? even selecting Joe Leach in one :? :?
I wonder why Denly didn't get a bowl for Kent today...bowled 20 odd overs in the first innings and took 2 wickets...would have thought on day 4 he would get a go particularly as Kent were struggling to get Glos out.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Hello Nabby,I probably would have missed the Friday start without your warning ,so thanks! :)

Cpn Viljoen in four...all with Stevens..although managed to pick up ducks with Robson and Ervine ...and possibly someone else!...Also went for Ballance instead of Lees.....and other errors....thought that Yorks would bat further down , Surrey and the Glammies get more wickets etc.....hey,ho!

Good luck with it,Nabby...and others from here...

DD

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Scores are updated. Looks a very competitive week.

I got 6 teams listed in weekly league but 2 are recycled, one is a season long effort (don't know what that is doing in there) one is a century league attempt (so that will fade after today) the other 2 are weekly attempts!

It could be a fierce battle this week - I thought I was cute captaining Viljoen - seems he was the go to choice.

Only prob for me is that I have a doctors appointment on Tuesday that coincides with toss! Have already asked for a change but drs say it has to be then!!!

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Very well done,PM!......I have five in the listings ( of my seven.)... All are 'recycled ' teams,with all the implications of that.....Nothing compared to the zillion Element/Cartwright teams....

I fully empathise with your dilemma on Tuesday.... I too won't be available on Tuesday at the appropriate time....My better half informs me that we will be on the road between Aberdeen and Edinburgh.... so pretty stuffed! :) :? :roll: ..

DD....

met_matt
Wideboy
FS Record: 5th TFC 2005; 2nd TFC 2012; 1st TFC T20 2013; 1st TFC 2017

Post by met_matt »

Seems to be a bug in the TFC system that gives catches taken by substitute fielders to the bowler, as shown by the points this week for Jack Brooks and Darren Stevens. I've raised a query with TFC.

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Good spot Matt...and best of luck for the run in.
I wonder if last 2 weeks play will see some rotation/resting of key players...Stevens must be due a break and with Kent pretty much out of the promotion race now he could get the final week off I reckon. And essex? will they give Porter a break...they must be celebrating this weekend so we might see some of thir back-up players given a chance on Tuesday?

met_matt
Wideboy
FS Record: 5th TFC 2005; 2nd TFC 2012; 1st TFC T20 2013; 1st TFC 2017

Post by met_matt »

Good point Nabby, there could well be some changes to teams that have nothing to play for. Also some of the South Africans could return home early as their season is starting soon.
Impressive from Essex to wrap up the championship already. Amazing that the same three teams that were in a title battle last year are in a relegation battle this year.

Jagduracell
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd TFF World Cup 2014, 8th in TFF Fantasy Lions and a few TFF and TFC weekly wins

Post by Jagduracell »

Will be more than happy if it rains country wide Tuesday to Thursday! :wink:

Rick Spangle
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC 2012 T20 - 3rd in runs league

Post by Rick Spangle »

met_matt wrote: 16 Sep 2017, 14:36 Good point Nabby, there could well be some changes to teams that have nothing to play for. Also some of the South Africans could return home early as their season is starting soon.
Impressive from Essex to wrap up the championship already. Amazing that the same three teams that were in a title battle last year are in a relegation battle this year.

Cameron Bancroft is one of those leaving early - at least he went out with a bang even if the rest of the year wasn't much to write home about.

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Yes Bancroft has gone as has Marsh of Yorks (Kraigg Braithwait replaces him for final 2 games).
Ryan Sidebottom (the Yorkshire one) is out with an injury, which vastly increases the chance of Coad playing.
Roderick out tomorrow too.
Essex just named unchanged squad - meaning Cook is not playing even though made available by England.
No Hain or Barker for Warwicks.
I see Colly played in the Worl XI over in Pakistan last week...wonder if he will turn out for Durham tomorrow?
Kent have named a squad without Milne, Coles or Claydon...but Stevens is named
Tahir returns for Derbyshire.
sussex - Ben Brown is injured and Nash, Robson and Wiese are rested.
Last edited by Nabby on 18 Sep 2017, 16:28, edited 2 times in total.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Thanks for the updates,Nabby! Surprised that Cook isn't playing... probably not diplomatic to drop a batsman at present...

DD...

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Thanks for the update, Nabby. Difficult to keep up with some of these overseas signings - Marsh only played a couple of games, I think.

Collingwood is in Durham's squad. Paul Coughlin continues to miss out with a side injury. http://www.durhamccc.co.uk/news/squad-vs-sussex/

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

I just been trawling thru all the ccc websites would of been easier to look on here first.
Noticed not shown on here TRJ and Dawid Malan back in Middlesex squad.

Thanks for updates Nabby.
Hope Mrs DD needs a cuppa around 10am on road between Aberdeen and Edinburgh!

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Thanks,PM! Would you believe that, as a sad man,I am making some pretty random transfers now..... expect meltdown tomorrow and damage limitation tomorrow night! :) Good luck to you at the doctor... I'll be thinking of you at 10.30!

DD...

PS...by process of elimination ,I think you are maybe one place ahead of me.....I will sink out of sight tomorrow!

primitive man
Grumpy Old Man

Post by primitive man »

Its tough one to call - I got 2 teams I want to pursue both have absentees already. I might get back from docs around 10:20 - do I make transfers now or risk it?

BTW - Sky reporting Coughlin in Durham squad - but be warned it is not Paul Coughlin - its his brother Josh!

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Hope things went well for you,PM....I have checked events and I am having a terrible morning! :? Wickets tumbling but not to my bowlers..... and no Archer...

Also ,with no start in the Dby/Kent......no cpns in action!... Ha! :shock:

Ah,well...It's Only Rock 'n Roll!..... :)

DD......

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

So....no play all day in Dby/Kent.....Chesterfield...hmm

That's me totally sunk regarding the weekly..... :? :lol:

DD...

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

I see Tom 'quack quack oops' Moores is in the Notts side.
Seems to me that Jennings and Jack Taylor need to switch roles...Jennings is a batsmen who seems more prolific as a bowler and Jack Taylor is certainly more potent as a batmen.
More importatly though...does anyone know what happened to Norwell today - did he pick up and injury? I dont think he bowled an over after lunch whilst Glammy piled up the runs.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Sorry Nabby...can't find anything about Norwell.....grr...

Trying to decide whether to do anything with my weeklies after a shocking day today.... Won't be enough left in the tank for the last week.. .

One thing is for sure....I won't be third anymore! :wink: :roll: :lol: :(

DD.....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”