TFC t20 Blast 2016

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Re: TFC t20 Blast 2016

Post by jimwinn »

I was tying to work out how many games each team had left to play

Why don't they play each team twice in this competition?

Seems a bit odd how it's organised -

"each club plays 6 of the other teams in the same division twice, once at their home stadium and once at that of their opponents. They play the other two teams only once, for a total of 14 games each."

Bizarre

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Like most things in English cricket it's a compromise.

Playing everyone in your group is deemed to be too many games but most counties want to retain home and away derbies.

Up to 10th in the runs league, but still nearly 400 behind the leader.

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

The Catman wrote:
Just behind you Cat...unless Mr Prosser has changed his methods he'll have burnt most of his transfers by now. He'll also be lurking on here I reckon :-)

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

Nabby wrote:
The Catman wrote:
Just behind you Cat...unless Mr Prosser has changed his methods he'll have burnt most of his transfers by now. He'll also be lurking on here I reckon :-)
Thanks, sounds a bit more promising. Good luck!

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

Nabby wrote:
The Catman wrote:
They all do...

Good luck.

Off to Northants v Warwicks tomorrow if i can beat the traffic. Should be a scorcher. Prasanna v Jeetan. Two of the best. On Sky too i think.

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Hope you enjoyed the game KC...I know I did from a Rossington perpective, but Cobbs quack tempered this for me somewhat :-(
It's funny how some counties have a whole host of players you would select for T20 to put in your fantasy team and others do not, although as a unit they perform well. I'm thinking of teams wilke Warwickshire last night and Durham tonight. I ignored Warwicks juicy run of 3 games on consecutive T20 days because I simply could not find anyone I wanted. Bell & Hain both proved to be thorns for me, but for some reason I just couldn't convince my self to use the transfers to bring them in, even with the juicy run of fixtures. And so to Durham who, other than Stokes, I find it very difficult to make a case for selection of any of their players in T20 and yet they are currently riding high in 4th with games in hand on those around them. I get Mustard is popular, but I hold Rossington who is cheaper and now sure to qualify so no regrets there. I would not transfer in Jennings, Borthwick nor Coughlin who is flying somewhat under the radar, yet these are the top Durham players in TFC T20 this year. So what does this all mean...well a victory for Durham tonight of course :) . I for one will be hoping that come tonight we are seeing loads of Willey gags on here cos it will mean he's 'gone big' (ooops they've started already). Fingers crossed.

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

Indeed, what a performance. Prasanna sublime. Home quarter would be nice. No plans for finals day just yet...

Hope Kleinveldt fit into your TV monitors okay.

I had captain Wade and Cobb. Glory days fantasy wise.

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

I plan to make one more transfer before the group stage ends, and was 50/50 on going for Coughlin or Zaidi. Was just swaying towards Coughlin after seeing the team with him included, and then heard Sky say there was a late change with Arshad replacing him. Got lucky there for a change!

Maldini
Dumbledore

TFC t20 Blast 2016

Post by Maldini »

I didn't see that team news and brought him in a couple of teams.

Probably good he didn't play though looking at some of the bowling figures.

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

Was a toss up between coughlin and plunkett after seeing the teams and luckily went for plunkett before seeing coughlin was out!! Have a feeling for Yorkshire in this one look stronger on paper. On Northants they do look good especially if both prasanna and kleinveldt play, plus they have duckett to come back as well

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Post by bluelionman »

I work a late shift so have to always guess line-ups way before they are known and do transfers like that so I got burned by the Coughlin non selection and captained him to. :(

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

No Ryder for Essex (injured) or Malan for Middlesex (Lions) tonight. Also Azhar Mahmood is in squad for Surrey, back from injury but Surrey are missing T Curran (to the lions) and Ansari (to injury)
Ryder is a loss...as frustrating as he can be (2 ducks in T20 this year already) he is capable of going huge. Malan is a big loss for Middlesex, although they do welcome back Stirling. What thoughts on the Lions playing at the end of T20 qualification? T20 is a massive earner for the counties and getting a QF and then hopefully to finals day is a big deal I would imagine. Malan missing a couple of games could be the difference between qualification and sitting at home watching it on tv. Kent are missing both DBD and Billings, both major T20 players and they teeter on the edge of qualification.

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

Post by El Tel of Ealing »

Any ideas on Sussex? They need to win their last 3 and apparently Rahman is finally flying in for 3 t20s and 4 cup games to facilitate this.Taylor's end is nigh but he will be a registered overseas this week.Is Kula Shaka still around ?

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Rahman due to play tonight and has been added to the game, Taylor last game tonight I believe.

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man

Post by kingcurtley »

Nabby wrote:What thoughts on the Lions playing at the end of T20 qualification? T20 is a massive earner for the counties and getting a QF and then hopefully to finals day is a big deal I would imagine. Malan missing a couple of games could be the difference between qualification and sitting at home watching it on tv. Kent are missing both DBD and Billings, both major T20 players and they teeter on the edge of qualification.
You mean would Lions' players play tomorrow's round of T20 games? I'd think it unlikely. But they'll be around for next Thur and Fri i'd expect.

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

kingcurtley wrote:
Nabby wrote:What thoughts on the Lions playing at the end of T20 qualification? T20 is a massive earner for the counties and getting a QF and then hopefully to finals day is a big deal I would imagine. Malan missing a couple of games could be the difference between qualification and sitting at home watching it on tv. Kent are missing both DBD and Billings, both major T20 players and they teeter on the edge of qualification.
You mean would Lions' players play tomorrow's round of T20 games? I'd think it unlikely. But they'll be around for next Thur and Fri i'd expect.
I doubt many would still have him due to Lancashire's tiniest chance of qualification - but Livingstone is in the Lancashire squad tomorrow night. Mahmood has also been allowed to be in the squad but he hasn't played in either of the Lions games thus far.

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

Am I missing something? Can't seem to find Bailey (Middlesex) in the player list

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Is Jesse Ryder dropped or gone home...?

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

Calf strain.

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man

Post by kingcurtley »

Looks like ECB are releasing Lions for tomorrow then.

DBD and Billings in squad...

...and Coles from bad boy purgatory or 'regaining full fitness' (very cheeky to claim that now, clearly it's the lure of a 1/4 final spot for the recall).

Matt Coles returns to the squad after regaining full fitness after a four-week absence.

http://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/billi ... friday-7pm

wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

full return to fitness :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would love to use that excuse :shock:

Super annoyed, Rahman has been on my radars since before the start of the tournament... had basically given up hope of him even showing up and now he does :(

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man

Post by kingcurtley »

Time to get Fizzical.

Knew he would perform . Such a talent.

irtysh
Treebeard

Post by irtysh »

wizardoffire wrote:full return to fitness :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would love to use that excuse :shock:

Super annoyed, Rahman has been on my radars since before the start of the tournament... had basically given up hope of him even showing up and now he does :(
If it's any consolation, I gambled on him in my starting 11 and kept hold til June 10 with the will he won't he saga on his arrival. Would have been pretty inspired to bring him in today tho unless you were loaded with transfers. Good to see him here and performing well tho. Would he play the quarters + finals day if Sussex get through?

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Surrey must be so disappointed. They fork out for big overseas signings every year and it gets them nowhere. I didnt see todays game but I can only assume it was a batsmens pitch. They are playing a team missing, due to lions call ups, its 2 star players this season (Malan & Roland-Jones) and open with Jason Roy and Aaron Finch, arguably 2 of the top T20 batsmen in world cricket. They get off to a flyer, Roy and Finch both passing 50. In the locker they have Steven Davies, Chris Morris (another big overseas signing contributing eff all) and Azhar Mahnood (who used to be quite good). They have to get past 200 with that start and those batsmen setting the foundation. Finch bats nearly to the end and gets nowhere near 100 :shock: then Middlesex come out and chase the score down with relative ease. Am I being unfair or are these big 'i am' players not delivering this year. Who would you rather have Klinger or Finch? Petersen or Mccullum? Bell or Roy?

Irani
Kevin and Perry

Post by Irani »

Nabby wrote:Surrey must be so disappointed. They fork out for big overseas signings every year and it gets them nowhere. I didnt see todays game but I can only assume it was a batsmens pitch. They are playing a team missing, due to lions call ups, its 2 star players this season (Malan & Roland-Jones) and open with Jason Roy and Aaron Finch, arguably 2 of the top T20 batsmen in world cricket. They get off to a flyer, Roy and Finch both passing 50. In the locker they have Steven Davies, Chris Morris (another big overseas signing contributing eff all) and Azhar Mahnood (who used to be quite good). They have to get past 200 with that start and those batsmen setting the foundation. Finch bats nearly to the end and gets nowhere near 100 :shock: then Middlesex come out and chase the score down with relative ease. Am I being unfair or are these big 'i am' players not delivering this year. Who would you rather have Klinger or Finch? Petersen or Mccullum? Bell or Roy?
Middlesex played very well.... It took them six overs to work out how to bowl on the pitch and they clawed it back excellently. Roy did somewhat give his wicket away but Finch never got much momentum. Unfortunately for them they don't have much batting when you look at their card compared to a Notts, Kent, many others including Middlesex. Morris can hit a big ball but he is a bowling all rounder at best, hence sending him in at five shows a real lack of depth.

I'd also throw in when posed with McCullum or Petersen that the last week has seen some belting batting wickets which BM never got to bat on in damp English June......

Middlesex look a real dark horse to me and the sort of side who will draw Notts away and continue their T20 hoodoo! Otherwise I still maintain Gloucs are the best side in the competition who look the best team....... Football has shown last season that the team is greater than the sum of its parts and this stands up for T20.

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Fair point re Mccullum and I'm probably being a tad harsh on some of these signings but to me Finch (no 2 ranked T20 batsmen in the world) should be winning games for Surrey, a bit like Gayle does for Somerset (Somerset won 3 of the 4 games he played in...and they've still only won 3 T20 games all season :shock: ). Finch has played 4 T20 games for Surrey and they've won 1 of them and are unlikely to qualify as a result.

Irani
Kevin and Perry

Post by Irani »

Nabby wrote:Fair point re Mccullum and I'm probably being a tad harsh on some of these signings but to me Finch (no 2 ranked T20 batsmen in the world) should be winning games for Surrey, a bit like Gayle does for Somerset (Somerset won 3 of the 4 games he played in...and they've still only won 3 T20 games all season :shock: ). Finch has played 4 T20 games for Surrey and they've won 1 of them and are unlikely to qualify as a result.
Agreed Nabby. The overriding thought with Surrey is that they are a team of individuals. Gloucester are the benchmark for me as a solid unit who look like a team. They all understand there role within the team and when called upon more often than not deliver.

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

Finch took a nasty blow to the elbow,which had an adverse effect on his timing in the second half of his innings.He came out to field heavily bandaged.
Without Brains and Curran Major Surrey were a bowler short,particularly with Minor the worst I've seen him and Azhar's return way short of his campaign start.
More generally the Surrey middle order has been a huge let-down with Davies and Burns beyond disappointing.

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

It seems that the Lions are being released to play for their counties for tonights round of games.

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

Wood has apparently been excused a Northampton Durham Canterbury commute.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”