To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFC 2016 - July to Sept - team news and chat

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Re: TFC 2016 - July to Sept - team news and chat

Post by ooozzzie »

Nabby wrote:
ooozzzie wrote:No worries DD, I did actually post it earlier in the evening :lol: Inbetween talking about your hired car :shock: Nothing back from the towers yet, but yes Nabby hoping for a "free" swap, that would be a bonus.

Weather tomorrow is for rain overnight, hoping it will clear in time for the start of the games.
The only downer ooozieee is that (imo) he will be highly unlikely to open for Glos so not quite as attractive an option as he is when playing for Durham...particularly when Rossington and Duckett are flying so high at Northants.
Oh I think Mustard will open in the T20 ... Perhaps a bit tough firing BOTH Rossington and Duckett as it's a big 50/50 gamble as to who play wicket keeper, both brilliant, but one might play as batsmen?......which one? Just thought I would ask the question 8-) Interesting. Might be risky. :wink:

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Ducks Deluxe wrote:Many thanks,Nabby! Bath is indeed beautiful.... The Georgian aspects of the town were a kind of forerunner for the New Town in Edinburgh, built by Craig and Playfair on a much bigger scale ,but Wood's Bath was first and The Royal Crescent has a supreme elevated location......

I was in Bath Abbey,getting daggers from Her Nibs whilst trying to get online to apologise for the misleading Mustard spread....hmmm..

Found out too late that this was the second of four Som v Surrey 2nd XI days here... Social evening tonight....£3 for m and g ,q and a with senior players, food and music.....The weather is poor for tomorrow and unlikely I would get a pass from you know who on our last day.......shucks!!

Best to all, DD..
Should have come to Weymouth. :shock: No Cricket mind, but never is. But its Going to be crazy in Weymouth Harbour tomorrow evening filming all date/night..... you went the wrong way ......#Dunkirk #Film #Harrystiles #Fishandchips #Beer #Harbour #1940 #2am #pubsopen #atmosphere #wholetowngoing #cheers #hollywood

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

oooh...bunged in 2 weekly efforts as was around on Sunday morning and 1 nearly got 1000 points in a day today :shock: not sure I've ever broke that barrier before...so close

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

No rain around now, its all moved on, same as yesterday some very very light showers, but really all games should be fine. Good Luck Nabby.

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

Post by El Tel of Ealing »

According to The Birmingham Mail,the reason for Trott's no show yesterday and today is that he did his back in pre-match warm-ups.Can't see him being as enthusiastic a footballer as Fidel,but with his history goodness knows what to do with him.

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

ooozzzie wrote:No rain around now, its all moved on, same as yesterday some very very light showers, but really all games should be fine. Good Luck Nabby.
Cheers Ooozieee. Cobb didnt get me off to the best of starts, but on the up-side I avoided the early Notts carnage. I've got a 150 point lead but that's nothing if Mr Haines (or anyone else for that matter) nails their captain.

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

97 points to make up today but looking okay with 7 wickets and a few runs

Needs some Thakor points - was thinking of Leech cap but chose poorly

Never mind :roll:

Grant
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Grant »

D'oh, Jimmy Adams has reappeared for Hants in the 50 over with a big score, not helpful for my runs team now given I dropped him this morning! Transfers to burn in that one, but 1,400 runs on the leader means that trophy won't be regained...

wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

kinda nervous heading into tonights points update :shock:

not sure if Ive had a good day or not

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

My weekly scored around 530 today which means the chasers need 700+. Fingers crossed.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Good luck to you with your weeklies,lads!

My only hope is in my one super 8 against someone who might have more than 400 teams!

My thoughts on multi,multis have been said before..... and I have been given a slap..... but my opinion will always be the same.. ..

I will probably lose against the machine, but hey,ho....for the small ,sporting ,Corinthian player!

DD...

wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

FFS... my season is now officially over :x

Congrats Olly and good luck in the wickets league and super 8s

Wicket Wonders bt Game of Wickets
1576 pts 1436 pts

Not even close in the end :shock:

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Managed 427 today :)

Knockout Round:4 (July 23 to July 29)

(Jim Winn) Murder ballads 920 pts bt Ryders on the Storm (Andrew Gwynne) 846 pts

Kevin Holmes - Meistermen 5 up next

He's got 3 in the top 100 - could be trouble
Last edited by jimwinn on 27 Jul 2016, 23:40, edited 1 time in total.

Nabby
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nabby »

Ducks Deluxe wrote:Good luck to you with your weeklies,lads!

DD...
No luck needed DD 8-)

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Well done,Nabby and all....xxx

Amazingly, especially given my transfer headaches at the start of the week ,the little lad beat the machine by about 330 points! Sheer fluke as always , no doubt I will get stuffed next week.....but even so!!!!! Yeh!!

DD..

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Oh...really sorry Wiz....A damned good score.... and you are one of my favourite playing chums!

DD xxx

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Post by bluelionman »

Well I got burned as brought Trott in last night as I do my trans this time every day as I'm sleeping mornings & working afternoons/evenings in day. Was also shocked on Mustard - I found out listening to my DAB radio at work as was listening to the Surrey v Gloucestershire game on 5live SX. I was mad as also last night I took him out all my T20 teams that had him in thinking Durham most likely wont make it and changing now I could get extra games in.... now that move don't look so smart at all. :roll:

PS Also got killed with KHD Barker not playing as I made him captain as well as transferring him in so why was he out (Warwickshire)? :evil:
Last edited by bluelionman on 28 Jul 2016, 02:37, edited 1 time in total.

sichonsteve
Treebeard

Post by sichonsteve »

Ducks Deluxe wrote:Good luck to you with your weeklies,lads!

My only hope is in my one super 8 against someone who might have more than 400 teams!

My thoughts on multi,multis have been said before..... and I have been given a slap..... but my opinion will always be the same.. ..

I will probably lose against the machine, but hey,ho....for the small ,sporting ,Corinthian player!

DD...
Congrats John, you conquered the 'machine' with an impressive score with this one.

(John Rea) Hoodie's Heroes bt stevies wonders 327 (Steve Claxton)
1511 pts 1176 pts

It wasn't meant to be a slap, just letting you know that us 'multi multi's' as you term us, do play an important part in the games continued running through beefing up the numbers. I haven't got 400+ I have 120 teams - I got 104 teams through to the knockouts in the super 8's and going in to the next round I have 31 left still in it.
The reason that I have so many is that I have 20 teams from winning century teams last year plus the ones that I bought.

Anyway, good luck in the next round - we may meet again!

Edgeways
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Edgeways »

Steve

Stevies Wonders 328 play my one remaining Super 8 team, Cafeteria Bowling, next round. Go easy on me, please.

Blue Lion Man

Barker hadn't been a regular in Warks' ODC side previously. I hadn't considered him before and bit surprised to see him playing on Sunday. I brought him in then, got naff-all and then missed out twice in the week. No wonder that team went out of the cup.

If it's any consolation (and it is to me as next week's games are not so vital now), Warks only have one scheduled ODC game left. So hopefully Barker can resume normal CC service shortly.

sichonsteve
Treebeard

Post by sichonsteve »

Edgeways wrote:Steve

Stevies Wonders 328 play my one remaining Super 8 team, Cafeteria Bowling, next round. Go easy on me, please.

Blue Lion Man

Barker hadn't been a regular in Warks' ODC side previously. I hadn't considered him before and bit surprised to see him playing on Sunday. I brought him in then, got naff-all and then missed out twice in the week. No wonder that team went out of the cup.

If it's any consolation (and it is to me as next week's games are not so vital now), Warks only have one scheduled ODC game left. So hopefully Barker can resume normal CC service shortly.
Garry

I wish you hadn't written that! I'm going to feel dead guilty if I extinguish your last flickering candle in the S8's!
May the best team win and I wouldn't begrudge you if you succeed, although, having said that, it is my duty to try and knock you out so put your best team out and we will commence battle on Saturday!

banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

omg!! i thought all my teams had long since bitten the dust in super8 but........ cannibal jane hearts is still going in some shape. :P

and next up is : stevie's wonders 14.... and that's you that is sichonsteve! how about that, eh? :)

interestingly this team of mine knocked out a craig eldridge team 2 weeks ago. i wish leeloo would come on here and say whether or not this is him. esp now he's gone top of the shop with ROOFE's on fire. .... funny name. :)

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

banana wrote:omg!!
interestingly this team of mine knocked out a craig eldridge team 2 weeks ago. i wish leeloo would come on here and say whether or not this is him. esp now he's gone top of the shop with ROOFE's on fire. .... funny name. :)
Interesting too that the same team is top of the wickets league too :shock:. Very unusual. Shows that teams who have invested heavily in bowlers have done better than those majoring on batsmen, generally, this year so far. As I'm second equal in the wickets league at the moment, I hope he prioritises the main title and doesn't go all out for bowlers.

sichonsteve
Treebeard

Post by sichonsteve »

banana wrote:omg!! i thought all my teams had long since bitten the dust in super8 but........ cannibal jane hearts is still going in some shape. :P

and next up is : stevie's wonders 14.... and that's you that is sichonsteve! how about that, eh? :)

A couple of interesting recent results of mine

round 3 (Steve Claxton) stevies wonders 18 1235 pts bt ROOFE is on fire (Craig Eldridge) 1033 pts

round 4 (Steve Claxton) stevies wonders 6 1127 pts bt Noah Syndergaard (Carl Billington) 921 pts

I haven't faced any Hamer teams yet.

I have knocked out several Craig Eldridge, Craig Element, Carl Billington, Richard Neave, Danielle Cartwright, Tony Eade, Graham Appleton, Clive Cooper, Graeme Low teams + Daisy Chain Saw 4 in round 1 (sorry)!!

I know of someone who dislikes me more than DD - I am 9 - 0 in the super 8s against what must be another multi multi in Terry Holland. Thing is, he can't hate me for the same reason as DD does, being one himself!

Talking of funny/weird/disturbing names, two early victors over me in round 1 were:

(David Hobgen) A JOCK STRAP IN HELL 1198 pts bt stevies wonders 370 (Steve Claxton) 990 pts and

(Matt Pegler) Black Penis 1302 pts bt stevies wonders 33 (Steve Claxton) 990 pts - anyone owning up as being Matt Pegler? I rather doubt it!

Edgeways
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Edgeways »

Steve

Please don't feel guilty about trying to knock me out. I'll be doing my darndest to do the same to you and wouldn't expect any different.

Bring it on.

sichonsteve
Treebeard

Post by sichonsteve »

Edgeways wrote:Steve

Please don't feel guilty about trying to knock me out. I'll be doing my darndest to do the same to you and wouldn't expect any different.

Bring it on.
I like your attitude! :P

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Hello Steve... I had absolutely no idea that I was up against you...how strange..... thank you for your gracious message....

No hatred,I assure you and I am sure that you are a decent bloke,simply two different philosophies about TFC.....

Forgive me for repeating myself but I have been playing the game from the beginning in the pre internet era.It was intended as a new fun service for readers of the newspaper. Weekly codes had to be obtained from the paper and transfers were by post or by telephone! I started to play partly to help my very young son get into cricket and as a vehicle for 'fun' counting...!...It sort of worked.... he is now a six foot two cricket nut,very useful seam bowler.... and has a Master's Degree in Civil Engineering... All that counting practice.... We used to have to physically record the scores on the charts provided by the Telegraph....

It is with this background that I view the phenomenon of the multi multis ,who flood the game and are able to cover so many permutations that it really puts off more 'casual' players..It has become so cheap to enter large numbers of teams compared to individual ones that I can see the attraction, but I simply don't think that it is ' sporting.'

I would raise the cost, have a strict cap of eg six teams per player and drop the cash prizes to mere token sums or items of memorabilia.. eg signed bats.....I am,of course, rather old fashioned in my views but that is where I stand. Must say that I am surprised by the (apparantly)low uptake of the three money leagues this year as I had hoped it would attract the gamblers in big numbers as a better 'risk' than the main game...

I am amazed that I have a super 8 team left as I first checked about two weeks ago.....pure luck and happenstance!

Now in a rather bland Holiday Inn in Lancaster.... I was getting a 'cricket sweat' on as we drove north from Bath past places such as Bristol, Worcester ,Birmingham,Manchester and the road to 'Nanaland! Horrible weather for most if the way....

Best to all,DD

sichonsteve
Treebeard

Post by sichonsteve »

Ducks Deluxe wrote:Hello Steve... I had absolutely no idea that I was up against you...how strange..... thank you for your gracious message....

No hatred,I assure you and I am sure that you are a decent bloke,simply two different philosophies about TFC.....

Forgive me for repeating myself but I have been playing the game from the beginning in the pre internet era.It was intended as a new fun service for readers of the newspaper. Weekly codes had to be obtained from the paper and transfers were by post or by telephone! I started to play partly to help my very young son get into cricket and as a vehicle for 'fun' counting...!...It sort of worked.... he is now a six foot two cricket nut,very useful seam bowler.... and has a Master's Degree in Civil Engineering... All that counting practice.... We used to have to physically record the scores on the charts provided by the Telegraph....

It is with this background that I view the phenomenon of the multi multis ,who flood the game and are able to cover so many permutations that it really puts off more 'casual' players..It has become so cheap to enter large numbers of teams compared to individual ones that I can see the attraction, but I simply don't think that it is ' sporting.'

I would raise the cost, have a strict cap of eg six teams per player and drop the cash prizes to mere token sums or items of memorabilia.. eg signed bats.....I am,of course, rather old fashioned in my views but that is where I stand. Must say that I am surprised by the (apparantly)low uptake of the three money leagues this year as I had hoped it would attract the gamblers in big numbers as a better 'risk' than the main game...

I am amazed that I have a super 8 team left as I first checked about two weeks ago.....pure luck and happenstance!

Now in a rather bland Holiday Inn in Lancaster.... I was getting a 'cricket sweat' on as we drove north from Bath past places such as Bristol, Worcester ,Birmingham,Manchester and the road to 'Nanaland! Horrible weather for most if the way....

Best to all,DD
Hi DD, nice post, I understand where you are coming from now and apologies if I seemed a little off with my posts on the subject of the multi multi's.
I do see your point of view, especially regards putting off the casual players (as you put it). However, we (the MMs) do fund the game largely and without us it probably wouldn't be running now. I paid for and provided over 1% of the total teams and I have to admit, it is pretty cool that when I make a single transfer in all of my teams, the player transferring out drops 1% and the one coming in rises 1% (what power)! I put Quinn into all of my 120 teams when he was on 1% and he went on to take 4 'for' in one of the super 8's and I blew the field away that week as my captains (who) had done literally nothing up to that week and then all of a sudden Northeast, then Batty and McKay (all captained one after the other in the same week) plus having Quinn there took 51 out of 54 teams through to the next round of the S8's and I didn't have a single team outside the top 5 of the century leagues with most either in 1st or 2nd place!
Like you, I derive great enjoyment from the game (always have done) and I love to tabulate and 'copy and paste' everything. This may seem a bit 'train spotter(ish) ' to a number of people but that's just me, I love crunching numbers and analysing everything - no I'm not an accountant or bank manager or anything like that.
I think that it's great that you are now in 'see the world' mould and have set about enjoying your life in retirement.
I hope this has built bridges between us and we respect each others standpoint on the subject of 'you know what' in future posts.

Steve.

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Good posts both of you, and a further example of how good the cricket crowd in here is.

My last Super 8 team had a really poor week during those RLODC matches despite changing captain every single day (two ducks in that).

Good luck to all.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Somerset v Sussex today, Weather ok in Taunton, nothing special early doors, but no rain showing, and forecast to improve this afternoon. Just as well it wasn't in Hove as it's not very good there at all.

getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

Ducks Deluxe wrote:Hello Steve... I had absolutely no idea that I was up against you...how strange..... thank you for your gracious message....

reading this brought back fond memories of the good old days when I used to be forever glued to teletext to see how my players were getting on.. good times.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”