To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFC 2016 - July to Sept - team news and chat

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

TFC 2016 - July to Sept - team news and chat

Post by kingcurtley »

New thread for the May sunshine...

County T20 season only two weeks away too - the TFC game is live in a rather bold purple - https://fantasycricket.telegraph.co.uk/twenty/
Last edited by kingcurtley on 04 Jul 2016, 18:07, edited 1 time in total.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Re: TFC 2016 - May and June - team news and chat

Post by ooozzzie »

LOL Banana from other thead! Well here is my round up of Week 4 - Nine Points seperate the whole of Div 1 and a message to Mum
http://www.legb4cricket.com/2016/05/wee ... le-of.html

Its going to interesting about the LIVE stream, the ECB put out a directive to all counties before the start of week 4 to say don't put clip highlights out on social media. Actually the live stream is allowed, one fixed camera, that was agreed, but I don't think they have a directive for the commentary (which really turns it into something worth watching) So my guess would be if they are touchy about small clips on twitter and facebook........this is likely to get chopped at some point in the future. We will see.
Last edited by ooozzzie on 05 May 2016, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

I'll be putting a couple of teams in the elite leagues before close, but none of the leagues are anywhere near full, so I doubt that they will be running again, as telegraph will have made a small loss on them. Anyone else sticking a team in? There has been little or no promotion of them, and no mention on fb this season.

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

Post by El Tel of Ealing »

ooozzzie-2 words re your blog:BIG CHESNEY
Please don't slip on the banana skin and dismiss him as a sub-standard Div 2 netballer.He's in peak form (gedditt?).

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

El Tel of Ealing wrote:ooozzzie-2 words re your blog:BIG CHESNEY
Please don't slip on the banana skin and dismiss him as a sub-standard Div 2 netballer.He's in peak form (gedditt?).
Gotit, Have updated hope you like it. :lol:

joshchelseafc
Grumpy Old Man

Post by joshchelseafc »

quizking wrote:I'll be putting a couple of teams in the elite leagues before close, but none of the leagues are anywhere near full, so I doubt that they will be running again, as telegraph will have made a small loss on them. Anyone else sticking a team in? There has been little or no promotion of them, and no mention on fb this season.
Hopefully they keep them. I wouldn't of played this season without them. Not many private money leagues for fantasy cricket. They should lower the prizes if they want to make profit. Or just have one elite league of say 20 pounda entry

Jezza3
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jezza3 »

With regard to the elite leagues I've just stuck one in the 10 and one in the 25 but wimped out of the 50. A shame if they make a loss on them as could have a knock on whether they keep the game going next year. Perhaps they should have divid up 90% of the entrance fees for prize money and kept 10% for admin/profit as they gave done in football elites in the past. Still a day to go though so I expect they will still fill up to some extent

irtysh
Treebeard

Post by irtysh »

I like the Elite leagues in principle, but in reality the winner of each will come from the top 50 overall - most likely top 30. So that restricts entry to those who think they have a realistic chance of doing that well. Given that a lot of the top players are multis and entry is restricted to one team per manager, that makes the leagues hard to fill. I rarely finish in the top 200, so can't really justify an elite league entry fee.

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

quizking wrote:The telegraph twenty20 game is now live.

New thread started for T20 FISO League

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Hello Chums!

I hope you will forgive me a posting of personal type stuff before the cricket business kicks off for May.

As one or two might remember,although I had played TFC ,with my then young son,right from the beginning,I only gained the courage to join FISO in late season 2014.I really didn't (and still don't) think I had the knowledge to join the big boys and girls at the top table of cricket knowledge.

I was amazed at the nature of the welcome and continued friendship from you all.....even the really,really clever ones!

I was genuinely very,very touched when the Senior Prefects....Banana and Ooozzzie.....enquired the other week where I was this season..brought a moisten to the old peepers...

Two main stories (although nothing bad...)...Due to changes in computers etc.,I found that I could no longer automatically sign in......and simply couldn't find a way to get around this.....I first became aware some time over the winter when I was away from home...checked in...and found an excellent post from the long suffering Mrs 'Nana that I couldn't reply to!

This became a big issue when I wasn't sure if I was going to be in a position to run my own pathetic Super League and was going to chuck some teams into the FISO league.....and again couldn't sign in.....

Prompted by Nana and Ooozzzie,I have rectified the situation and am back to give you all somebody to pity.

A long story that I won't bore you with but the short version is that given that I am now officially bus pass ancient ,and that Her Nibs has only another seven weeks in which to brag that she is two decades younger than me ....we are planning a long trip away from Edinburgh....as in about 18 months...whilst I can still walk unaided.....Our home of 22 years is now on the rental market (essential to part fund the enterprise,) but unanticipated delays have slowed the project.....

We had expected to spend the spring /summer in Englandshire and 'Nanaland
...Including some time in Kent......where I was supposedly at University in Canterbury in the dark ages....mind you,my room mate was a certain G Chaucer....what a dirty tale that lad could tell. Unfortunately..still here in Edinburgh....and listening to the election results.....not quite as totally awful as anticipated..but when you have the pro Union vote split three ways....it will never be good. The good folk of 'Nanaland are soooo much more clever...and handsome....and sheer Goddamn Sexy!

Not being sure as to how much time I would have...I hesitated about buying a £20 bundle....I had a pathetic one century league freebie.....but,of course,I simply couldn't resist......So Hoodie's Super Heroes have been resurrected......totally off the radar at present....but I was chuffed last season to be within sniffing distance (a required taste) of 'Nana.......albeit rather downwind.....

As you will expect,my start to the season with nine teams,has been traditionally tragic!

I invested too heavily in Kent players to start with and didn't take them out.....we all know how well that went!

With an eye on the fixtures,I had 'big' Jessie in all of my six first week sides....and....I am ashamed to say.....had him as dammed captain and was determined to ride the initial poor results out....doh......Bar one,he has now gone....I'll probably regret once the 50 overs kick in......

Other slight disappointment has been in my Durham and Surrey bowlers.....Oh, got stung badly with Ingram,Edwards etc......but so were many.....

On a serious note,I was very saddened indeed to hear the news about James Taylor.....I am old fashioned enough to take the character of a player in the most noble of games into account as well as sheer skill......hence I am a huge admirer of James....and not,eg ,of a certain high profile Durham all rounder...( who is actually a Kiwi.....shhh.) Mind you,I have been to NZ....got to see some England cricket....but that is another story.....and really like the people.....a bit more like reserved Brits than their Aussie cousins..... I was convinced that he would end up England vice captain to Joe Root. A clever,thoughtful and pleasant man...I wish him well and am confident that the cricketing community will care for him in the future....

Umm,I'm sure that is more than enough old pants from me......but there will be more to come!

Again,thank you for your friendship....and for your knowledge!

Best to all,Ducks Deluxe.

Ps....please add kisses etc. as appropriate....I am writing this on my phone and all my smiley faces,'nanas ,tears etc. were rejected in the draft as 'unsupported!'.....Big sad face......

XXX

Edgeways
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Edgeways »

Welcome back DD. Great to hear you're ok, nice to see you still post in what I consider to be the middle of the night.

Sounds like quite a story, good luck with it all. Hope you enjoy revisiting my neck of the woods (The Garden of England). We certainly gave 'Nana's boys a cricketing lesson last week.

And good luck with the TFC, it looks like you've fallen into a lot of the same traps as me early on.

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Double D!! Glad to hear all is well, and enjoyed reading your story, nice to see you are back.

wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

I think everyone feel into that Ryder and Kent trap and now a certain Mr Matt Coles is banned for the next 2 games... You stupid boy... :roll:

good to see you around DD, I agree that Chaucer chap is a shocker

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Welcome back DD and I hope that your travels will work out better than some of your cricketing selections :wink:

Bluearmy16
Treebeard

Post by Bluearmy16 »

Yorkshire 13-man squad to face Surrey:

Bairstow (Wicketkeeper), Ballance, Brooks, Gale (Captain), Lees, Lyth, Patterson, Plunkett, Rashid, Rhodes, Root, Willey, Wainman
No leaning again. Bad news about Coles, there goes another transfer. Rushworth and Onions been disappointing this season and with them missing another week is it time to get rid?

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

Nottinghamshire squad to face Middlesex (from): Chris Read, Jake Ball, Jackson Bird, Stuart Broad, Harry Gurney, Alex Hales, Brett Hutton, Michael Lumb, Steven Mullaney, Samit Patel, Chris Read, Greg Smith, Riki Wessels, Luke Wood.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Thank you very much,Edgeways,Ooozzie,Wizzard and Fantasist.....Can you see me blushing through the ether of the interwebby?

I had just heard about Coles and was going to report the plonker....should have known that I would be slow off the mark!

With no Durham or Essex this week,Bad Boy (no relation to Good King) Cole(s) is presenting a problem that I can really do without.......hmm...

Edgeways,'The Garden of England ' ..indeed! I have fond memories of spending part of the summer of 1975 picking hops there.It used to be a very important crop but I gather that it is not as dominant as it used to be.....I also did my bit for the local economy by consuming a lot of the little blighters,in their liquefied state,over four years!

Good luck with the next week,chums!

Oh,whilst I remember....the final day of the Notts/Yorks game made brilliant listening...Well done to the Beeb for the continued excellent coverage of the First Class game.......I can't do smiley thingies so...Yehhhh!

Best to all,DD.

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Post by bluelionman »

No wonder I do bad at this game - just come back from vacation and first look at my team since I did it prior to start of game and 2 players still on zero - after 4 weeks of games. :oops:

Where is the best source for up to date news on players - what did I miss selecting CA Ingram (Glam) & GC Wilson (Sur) to start season off with? :(

JE Burke (Sur) is another one in a second team of mine that two is still on ziltch? :evil:

Doogal
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The big two!! VAMPIRE OF THE WEEK SEASON AWARD 2013-14 and FINAL TABLE PREDICTION COMP 2015-16.

Post by Doogal »

Doh! I've done the same thing for the second year running :roll: . Meant to enter an elite team - £50 if it seemed a good bet - but wanted to make sure that not too many of the people who already have high scores had entered by the closing time (in which case I'd only invest £10). So I thought I'd wait till about 11pm last night to see how the land lay. Of course, fell asleep on the sofa and missed the deadline. :roll:
As it happens, I would have entered the league in about 10th place, which would have given me a decent shot at winning something (£3000 is top prize, so starting at 10th at odds of 60-1 is a very good bet).
Anyhow, good luck to those who went for it.

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

Lancashire unchanged again - same 11 as last week plus Tom Bailey. Bailey is bowling well for the seconds but unless something dramatic happens won't be in the team until the next match when Anderson won't be available.

Point of interest for the T20s probably is Smith has opened a couple of times for the seconds and got 60 in a 50 over match during the week. He was available for tomorrow but only as a batsman at this stage.

getfunky
Red & Blue Braces

Post by getfunky »

Just seen the Coles news , how annoying. So in six gameweeks he would've only scored in two of them. Geesh... & no Leaning again either... on top of that I have to shift Cook... more forced transfers then... & I had planned on going easy on transfers early on :roll:

irtysh
Treebeard

Post by irtysh »

wld wrote:Lancashire unchanged again - same 11 as last week plus Tom Bailey. Bailey is bowling well for the seconds but unless something dramatic happens won't be in the team until the next match when Anderson won't be available.

Point of interest for the T20s probably is Smith has opened a couple of times for the seconds and got 60 in a 50 over match during the week. He was available for tomorrow but only as a batsman at this stage.
A bit off topic, but where do you see Alex Davies batting in the T20s this year wld? Thought he looked pretty decent last year, but could he be overlooked for a 'hitter'?

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Gareth Andrew is signed by Hampshire and in the squad for tomorrow

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

irtysh wrote:
wld wrote:Lancashire unchanged again - same 11 as last week plus Tom Bailey. Bailey is bowling well for the seconds but unless something dramatic happens won't be in the team until the next match when Anderson won't be available.

A bit off topic, but where do you see Alex Davies batting in the T20s this year wld? Thought he looked pretty decent last year, but could he be overlooked for a 'hitter'?
I think it'll vary - and I wouldn't be relying on him opening. Obviously Guptill will open when he arrives and I suspect Smith will also open (I'm taking my hard hat this season!). Livingstone is full of confidence (and note for the 4 day competition he's bowling a fair bit after working with Hogg over the winter), Buttler and Croft will be there as well.

To sum up - who knows :)

irtysh
Treebeard

Post by irtysh »

Yeah when you put it like that, that is a pretty strong line up! Think Davies gives them something a bit different tho. From what I've seen, he can adapt his approach to suit the circumstances, which is an under-rated skill in t20. Capable of hitting boundaries, but also of building an innings. Natural t20 opener to me, if paired with an all out attack player like Smith, Guptill etc. Hope he gets a fair crack.
Last edited by irtysh on 07 May 2016, 16:05, edited 1 time in total.

banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

Ducks Deluxe wrote:Hello Chums!
XXX
well!! where the flippin' flip have you been? i noticed a complete bunch of excuses.... :roll:

i was on the point of reporting you for wilful absenteeism to primitive man.... and then you would have been in BIG touble. he is a stickler for punctuality and i think it could have been a case of a very stern letter to your mater & pater for all this tardiness... :x

anyways. you're back now so that's good. hope u and nibbs have a fine season. 8-)

wld
Red & Blue Braces

Post by wld »

irtysh wrote:Yeah when you put it like that, that is a pretty strong line up! Think Davies gives them something a bit different tho. From what I've seen, he can adapt his approach to suit the circumstances, which is an under-rated skill in t20. Capable of hitting boundaries, but also of building an innings. Natural t20 opener to me, if paired with an all out attack player like Smith, Guptill etc. Hope he gets a fair crack.
Agree totally - cracking player and also a real talent behind the stumps.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Hello 'Nana.......

Don't you go scaring me with talk of stern letters.....mind you,it might have some difficulty in reaching Pater,if you know what I mean,but Mater,at 90,is still razor sharp and could stop a Tiger tank in it's tracks with just a look!

I had picked up on Andrew with Hamps.I gather that it is a match to match arrangement.Still,good to see him back playing and you do have to feel a bit sorry for Hamps with the bowlers.......

More importantly...although I don't have the full squad to hand.....I am horrified to see that Ansari isn't in the Slurry squad,due to his thumb.......just as I had brought him into a few teams as he seemed back and ready to rock....

Who's Sari Now?'.....as the old song goes..

On the other hand,maybe he has just got the wind up having heard of 'Nana's.....ehhh....admiration!!

DD.

banana
Grumpy Old Man

Post by banana »

over the last couple of weeks roverinexile & getfunky have done great work putting up comprehensive team news. 8-)

obviously they must be a tad busy with the nitty gritty at the mo, so .... i'll have a go.... this will probably be a bit shite but here goes nuthin:

div1

westyarksonseacester v HAMPSHIRE

Lancashire Squad - Steven Croft (captain), James Anderson, Tom Bailey, Karl Brown, Alex Davies (wicketkeeper), Haseeb Hameed, Kyle Jarvis, Simon Kerrigan, Liam Livingstone, Alviro Petersen, Luke Procter, Neil Wagner.

HANTS: Will Smith (2)Ryan McLaren (24)Jimmy Adams (4)Adam Wheater (31)Liam Dawson (8)Mason Crane (32)Tom Alsop (9)Tino Best (36)James Vince (14) Brad Wheal (58)Michael Carberry (15)Gareth Andrew (?)James Tomlinson (21)

muddledsex v southeastyarks

MIDDX: James Franklin (captain), Nick Compton, Steven Finn, James Fuller, Nick Gubbins, James Harris, Dawid Malan, Tim Murtagh, Ollie Rayner, Sam Robson, Toby Roland-Jones, John Simpson, Paul Stirling.

Nottinghamshire squad to face Middlesex (from): Chris Read, Jake Ball, Jackson Bird, Stuart Broad, Harry Gurney, Alex Hales, Brett Hutton, Michael Lumb, Steven Mullaney, Samit Patel, Chris Read, Greg Smith, Riki Wessels, Luke Wood.

birbigbumshire v zoiderzet

somerset: tresco, abell, rogers, hildreth, allenblob, myburgh, trego, davies, gregory, overton c, overton j, groeeeenwald, leach

yaaaaaaarksher v slurrey

Yorks Squad: Gale (Captain), Bairstow (Wicketkeeper), Ballance, Brooks, Lees, Lyth, Patterson, Plunkett, Rashid, Rhodes, Root, Wainman. Willey.

SURREY: Gareth Batty (capt) James Burke Rory Burns Tom Curran Steven Davies Matthew Dunn Ben Foakes Arun Harinath Mathew Pillans Ravi Rampaul Jason Roy Kumar Sangakkara Gary Wilson

div2

southeastyarksherladies2ndXInetballteamshire v sussex!!

DERBY SQUAD: Godleman, C Hughes, Rutherford, Madsen, Broom, Durston, Thakor, Critchley, Poynton, Palladino, Cotton, Fletcher, Carter #DERvSUS

The Sussex squad is as follows:Danny Briggs Ben Brown (c/wkt) Harry Finch George Garton Lewis Hatchett Ed Joyce Matt Machan Steve Magoffin Chris Nash Ollie Robinson Ajmal Shahzad Ross Taylor Luke Wells Stuart Whittingham

landofthegodsshire v wetcestershire

The full Glamorgan (12-man) squad is as follows: Jacques Rudolph (c), Will Bragg, Chris Cooke, Aneurin Donald, Michael Hogan, David Lloyd, Craig Meschede, Harry Podmore, Andrew Salter, Timm van der Gugten, Graham Wagg, Mark Wallace.

Worcestershire (from):Mitchell D'Oliveira Moeen Ali Clarke Kohler-Cadmore Whiteley Cox Leach Barnard Henry Shantry Morris

kentcester v eastwalescestershire

Kent squad: 17 Sam Northeast (c), 23 Daniel Bell-Drummond, 48 Tom Latham, 6 Joe Denly, 10 Alex Blake, 3 Darren Stevens, 12 Adam Rouse (wk), 25 Calum Haggett, 14 Matt Hunn, 8 Mitchell Claydon, 33 Adam Riley, 27 Hugh Bernard.

GLOS: Dent, Bancroft, Cockbain, Roderick (c), Marshall, Hankins, Noema-Barnett, J Taylor, Shaw, Payne, Miles, Hampton.

leicestershite v northpantsdownshire

Leics (from): Cosgrove (capt), Horton (vice captain), Robson, Dexter, Pettini, O’Brien (w/k), Ali, Wells, White, Raine, McKay, Naik, Shreck.

Northants (from): Wakely (capt), Libby, Duckett, Cobb, Levi, Rossington (w/k), Crook, Kleinveldt, Stone, White, Azharullah, Keogh, Sanderson.
Last edited by banana on 07 May 2016, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.

Ducks Deluxe
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Ducks Deluxe »

Many thanks for the team info,young 'Nana......

Sorry to see no sign of your Ingrim lad.I need to move on the hero who takes mortal form as Alistair Cook later and had thought to bring him back into a team or two...

I need to get the transfer finger working tonight..won't have peace to do it in the morning,but need not to go crazy....

Any of you clever folk able to guess how long Ansari will be out for this time?

Thanks,DD.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”