To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fantasy NatWest T20 Blast

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
roverinexile
FISOhead

Re: Fantasy NatWest T20 Blast

Post by roverinexile »

I also ended up using my wildcard this week, much earlier than hoped. MacLeod and the upcoming ODIs messing up initial strategy. I've found it quite hard to find value in cheapies.

02bburco
Red & Blue Braces

Post by 02bburco »

Joined the league. WC still intact.

Transfers today

Cosgrove Stevens Fisher out

Cotton Ali Levi in

wizardoffire
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013/2014 FISO Hotshots league

Post by wizardoffire »

think Im planning on wildcarding in two weeks time
next week should hopefully be able to get 22 games from 3 transfers

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

I should get 21 games from 3 transfers this week, including using a cash surplus to drop a cheap all rounder who already has 2 games, for Gayle, and then 2 single GW players to DGW ones.

I've decided I don't think it's worth 50 points for another transfer to switch to a DGW wicket-keeper, as my potential target has only scored 50+ in 2 games out of 4 so far.

Hard to decide when to wildcard as the double gameweeks are quite scattered after this week.

wizardoffire
Dumbledore

Post by wizardoffire »

out of Hampshires Adams and Middlesexs Compton who would you rather keep and for what reason?

statistically speaking Gayle is due a failure and only plays once now this week so is it a gamble to hold for that one game or not?

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

As you suggest, Gayle's last T20 Blast game is today's game.

I was going to bring him in on the basis of at least one more good week before he goes to the Caribbean but I will probably re-consider with so many DGW players available. Personally I'd be inclined to keep if I already had him though, he's bang in form and I'm not sure i buy the "due a failure" argument.

wizardoffire
Dumbledore

Post by wizardoffire »

I was planning on wildcarding next week but now considering this week :shock: unless I can get away with 4 transfers

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Watch out when you do wild card, it cost me 300 points and didn't work :shock: Probably my fault, but not sure why. Still recovered quite well now so not the end the world. Used to it :lol:

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

My WC worked a few weeks back - but I've got a tale of woe to report from tonight as it seems like my 12th man, captain and VC changes didn't register. The transfers did, but I've taken a 50 point penalty for a 12th man. Great stuff.

* Having Mo as captain hasn't gone too bad so far, but of course the 'DGW factor' won't help unless Luke Wright gets two ducks, and Chris Wood outscores Recordo Gordon over the week.

wizardoffire
Dumbledore

Post by wizardoffire »

played my WC tonight... rather disappointed tbh by the performance of it... do have 9 games to go but could have been so much better

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Fantasist wrote:My WC worked a few weeks back - but I've got a tale of woe to report from tonight as it seems like my 12th man, captain and VC changes didn't register. The transfers did, but I've taken a 50 point penalty for a 12th man. Great stuff.

* Having Mo as captain hasn't gone too bad so far, but of course the 'DGW factor' won't help unless Luke Wright gets two ducks, and Chris Wood outscores Recordo Gordon over the week.
Happened to me I have Bell as 12th Man, who I tried to replace with Mitchell who only has one game. So far Bell has 44, and Mitchell has 67 total. So Bell should go well above that, also it was a wasted transfer. So I think the lesson is, if you do anything, double check it has worked. .

EDIT Oh well, Bell only got 5 in the 2nd game, so no harm done. :D

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Even worse this week, was stuck on the road for hours and hours (and hours) yesterday, and because of that I couldn't make any transfers in my ECB team, so ended up with the exact same players as last week. And yes, apart from missing all those obvious double-up picks like Smith, Klinger etc, yet again that means my 12th man by default was Gordon. Once again, he did the business - career best, naturally (and it's already confirmed that all others were in action, so no chance of a jammy bonus). Captain Mo didn't do too well either, he wasn't even supposed to stay in my team, let alone remain unwanted captain...

I was doing alright in that comp (for me) but will have trouble picking up the pieces after that.

* Had no idea there was any T20 or LVCC today either, not been able to get any such info until I just read the various threads bemoaning the failures of some on here. In fairness, I'm not sure if I would have made any changes to my TFC T20 team or any of my four LVCC teams or not, haven't had a chance to study my plan yet. Maybe I need to think it all through before start of play tomorrow - assuming, when I check my fixture grid, there are games on! Really not in the loop on anything this week :roll:

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Post by bluelionman »

Any one know why DA Payne is not playing for Gloucestershire - 3 games now he got a fat zero since I brought him in to my team - finding info out before making transfers is a real headache in cricket fanto! :-(

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Fantasist wrote:Even worse this week, was stuck on the road for hours and hours (and hours) yesterday, and because of that I couldn't make any transfers in my ECB team, so ended up with the exact same players as last week. And yes, apart from missing all those obvious double-up picks like Smith, Klinger etc, yet again that means my 12th man by default was Gordon. Once again, he did the business - career best, naturally (and it's already confirmed that all others were in action, so no chance of a jammy bonus). Captain Mo didn't do too well either, he wasn't even supposed to stay in my team, let alone remain unwanted captain...

I was doing alright in that comp (for me) but will have trouble picking up the pieces after that.

* Had no idea there was any T20 or LVCC today either, not been able to get any such info until I just read the various threads bemoaning the failures of some on here. In fairness, I'm not sure if I would have made any changes to my TFC T20 team or any of my four LVCC teams or not, haven't had a chance to study my plan yet. Maybe I need to think it all through before start of play tomorrow - assuming, when I check my fixture grid, there are games on! Really not in the loop on anything this week :roll:
Unlucky regarding Gordon.

He was also my 12th man ....Birmingham and Notts are in the middle of about 6 weeks of alternating DGWs so he and Ball have been rotating as my 12th man. it was just unlucky he had a great game in his only game of the gameweek, and everyone else in my team played.

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Well, I'm pleased to say I have avoided a hat-trick of errors on this game! I've successfully* made my three transfers, changed my captain and VC, and 12th man.

* Successful won't extend to good scoring from those players selected, obviously :lol:

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Post by bluelionman »

What a waste of a transfer brought in D Payne 3 games ago and discover now he's out injured after 3 games of nil par so ship him out again. :oops:

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

I'd take another hobby up if I were you BLM. :lol:

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Well done to Mr Ooooozie Hughes for captaining McCallum

nice 8-)

roverinexile
FISOhead

Post by roverinexile »

jimwinn wrote:Well done to Mr Ooooozie Hughes for captaining McCallum

nice 8-)
Well done. There goes my lead!

Fantasist
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Fantasist »

Indeed, well done ooozzzie. A score of over 2000 points from one night is simply outstanding!

wizardoffire
Dumbledore

Post by wizardoffire »

yeah my natwest team is going down the drain cant seem to make any progress

02bburco
Red & Blue Braces

Post by 02bburco »

Also got got (C) macculum fancy that fiso league top spot (3rd currently ) :D

owenclass
Grumpy Old Man

Post by owenclass »

I had to put in McCallum

ooozzzie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ooozzzie »

Only just read this thread just before the start of the game today, and so thought I had better wait and see what McCullum got before ploughing in with he is a must pick and total genius etc etc :shock: Glad I did now. :shock:

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Just a heads up to everyone about this...

http://ashes.fantasy.ecb.co.uk/a/home

02bburco
Red & Blue Braces

Post by 02bburco »

pretty happy with the weeks performance so far 2050. Durston and D'olivera to play tomorrow.

Finally after what seems like weeks of juggling I can get pretty much the team I want with 3 transfers. 23 fixtures out of a possible 24 and a 12th man with a double the following week.

wizardoffire
Dumbledore

Post by wizardoffire »

plunkett worth a punt this week?

kingcurtley
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 8 x Top 10k finish; TFF 21/22 - 148th; TFC '14 - 6th; T20 '13 - 13th; SP4 RWC Pred Winner '11

Post by kingcurtley »

Tomorrow’s clash is likely to come too soon for ex-Durham seamer Liam Plunkett, who has been out of action with a thigh injury since being ruled out of England’s one-day squad last month.

Rashid could be one to look at though

http://yorkshireccc.com/news/view/3908/ ... ikings-off

02bburco
Red & Blue Braces

Post by 02bburco »

Could be but will they rest him for 1/2 for CC action

gone

OUT
BMAC
ROY
STIRLING