To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Rootin' for Joe etc...

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy Cricket Games
baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Re: Rootin' for Joe etc...

Post by baganboy »

hancockjr wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 23:25 England's test cricket team suddenly looks good again. SA weren't the strongest but equally England had injuries (Burns, Anderson, Archer - 3 first team players).

How have they improved? They've picked batsmen to bat and bowlers to bowl (and hit a few very useful tail end runs). Who'd have thought a strategy tried and tested over 120+ years of test cricket would work, as compared to the confused bits and pieces selections that got them into so much trouble?

Don't hear too many people suggesting Curran to bat at 3 any more.

Burns for Denly, Foakes for Buttler, and a few spinners, and hopefully the trajectory can continue.
SA is down in the dumps though. They were abject when they visited India - literally seemed like we are playing beginner test-nations - Afghanistan or something. Sad: SA has been a team I thoroughly liked...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

That's what I thought from what I saw. They seem to have confidence issues and when it goes it goes big style. But will struggle vs the very best...

Great last over in T20. Did you win the (Champagne) Super Nover?

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)

Post by baganboy »

Oh yes! It was Wonderwall.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

don't look back in....

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

What a crazy game this is sometimes. One of England’s worst ever days in Test cricket last time they took to the field, and now nine days later they produce one of the best. And two years to the day from the Stokes innings, on the same ground.

Only the third time a team has bowled out the opposition on day 1 then closed with a lead and no wickets down. The most recent was also England in the Melbourne Test of 2010 in “Cook’s Series”.

Jimmy set it up but the other bowlers then let him rest those 39-year-old legs for the second innings. And great to see Hameed make an impression after his remarkable journey from next big thing to scrapheap and back again.

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

Jimmy's second wicket was a thing of wonder. I think that ball would have got anyone out from any era, especially coming after the previous 3. God help us when he hangs up his boots

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Did I hear on commentary that it's the first time in ? years that England have passed their opponent's first innings total batting second...?

What a day though!!!!!!

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Jester wrote: 25 Aug 2021, 20:45 Did I hear on commentary that it's the first time in ? years that England have passed their opponent's first innings total batting second...?
First time we’ve done it on day 1 for 11 years I think (certainly without losing a wicket, at least…)

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

And only third time anyone has ever done it (NZ the other in 2001).

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

forestfan wrote: 25 Aug 2021, 20:48
Jester wrote: 25 Aug 2021, 20:45 Did I hear on commentary that it's the first time in ? years that England have passed their opponent's first innings total batting second...?
First time we’ve done it on day 1 for 11 years I think (certainly without losing a wicket, at least…)

Boxing Day test in Oz - they scored less than a ton too!

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)

Post by baganboy »

I really hope this is the moment when everything clicks into gear for Haseeb Hameed. He can be your next Cook.

We are losing by an innings this time. The entire middle order is so badly out of touch, it is painful to see. Cannot hope that Pant will carry us through this series too.
Anderson though. What a bowler.

The last two tests should be awesome! We are known to come back well from <100 1st innings debacles :mrgreen: :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Having watched the last day of the previous test and the first of this, I hope England play Pakistan: it would be total randomness 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 26 Aug 2021, 17:11 Having watched the last day of the previous test and the first of this, I hope England play Pakistan: it would be total randomness 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
England v Pakistan… well, we’ve seen an on-field slanging match between England captain and Pakistani umpire, a forfeited match after Pakistan were accused of ball-tampering by the umpire and refused to play, and a bowler bowling deliberate no-balls for the benefit of bookies, at the instruction of his captain. And Stuart Broad scoring 160-odd, which with hindsight was the most bonkers one of all.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 26 Aug 2021, 17:29
blahblah wrote: 26 Aug 2021, 17:11 Having watched the last day of the previous test and the first of this, I hope England play Pakistan: it would be total randomness 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
England v Pakistan… well, we’ve seen an on-field slanging match between England captain and Pakistani umpire, a forfeited match after Pakistan were accused of ball-tampering by the umpire and refused to play, and a bowler bowling deliberate no-balls for the benefit of bookies, at the instruction of his captain. And Stuart Broad scoring 160-odd, which with hindsight was the most bonkers one of all.
Yep. I need more of that in my life 🤣🤣🤣

chiplesschaps
Treebeard

Post by chiplesschaps »

baganboy wrote: 26 Aug 2021, 16:33 I really hope this is the moment when everything clicks into gear for Haseeb Hameed. He can be your next Cook.

We are losing by an innings this time. The entire middle order is so badly out of touch, it is painful to see. Cannot hope that Pant will carry us through this series too.
Anderson though. What a bowler.

The last two tests should be awesome! We are known to come back well from <100 1st innings debacles :mrgreen: :wink:
Couldn't agree more about the state of India's batting. Although, deep within I hope they can reproduce some of that Shai Hope / Kraigg Brathwaite masterclass at Headingley :P

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)

Post by baganboy »

I was discussing the Pakistan bowling attack at the moment with a friend - has there been a more English Pakistan bowling attack?
Abbas- tight line and length - like any self-respecting Angus Fraser;
Hasan Ali, shaping away from the right hander with a joke or two thrown in for good measure, oh-ever-so-Hoggy;
and brilliant Shaheen, high arm steepling bounce - like a lefty Harmison.
Invariably the selectors would disrupt all that to bring in a Shenwari or a Naseem Shah - because pace is pace yaar!

Sacrilege as it may be for an Indian cricket fan, but how can you not love Pakistani cricket?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Anderson's first over has the ball swinging and seaming.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

India nearly got to Lunch without losing a wicket.

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)

Post by baganboy »

ChePu played. All is well with the world again.

My favourite Indian cricketer since Anil Kumble, that man. If he plays 300 balls more (he can, but probably won't), India will win this. If he plays less than 50, we will lose by an innings.
Almost unbelievable we are even in such a position...

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot

Post by Jester »

Anyone else thinking the ECB told England to take a rest yesterday to take the game into the fourth day.....?!!

Great win anyway!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cricket”