To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

NO Divisions this season

A forum for discussion on the Division competitions in Telegraph Fantasy Football
Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

NO Divisions this season

Post by Latic »

:(
Asked TFF to reconsider this on their Facebook page for what it's worth.

Dear TFF,
Would you please consider bringing back the divisions for this season. It would provide some much needed mid-season competition.
Cheers
https://www.facebook.com/telegraphfantasyfootball" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you want the divisions back like my post to see if we can get some sort of response.

Ta

Striker
FISO Knight

Re: NO Divisions this season

Post by Striker »

Good decision not to have divisions.

The original idea was good. That the typical player would have increased interest in the game in the second half of the season, irrespective of how well they had done up to that point. It was aimed at benefitting the masses which it did for the first season.

However soon multis started targeting divisions in various ways, by not making any transfers in a few of their teams, and thus starting the divisional comp with 30 transfers perhaps being in division 4, 5 or 6, compared with the average manager who was starting the divisional comp in the same division with half his transfers used up. Or multis may have not entered a team until October aiming at a lower division, or right at the last minute targeting the bottom division, always competing against a majority of managers who had already used up a lot of their transfers by January. Hence multis took the "equity" for want of a better word away from the divisional comps.

I'm not against multis per se, (I bought a 20 team membership myself this year), but I am against any elements of a comp which strongly favour them over the masses. The long term health of TFF depends more on 150,000 plus individuals maintaining their interest and entering every year than on a limited number of multis.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Divisions”