To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

IAMPLAYR

A forum for news on Simulated Football Management games.
stuboy
Dumbledore

IAMPLAYR

Post by stuboy »

They are starting closed Beta testing today. Take a look at the trailer (I think I've posted this somewhere else already, so apologies if you are seeing this again)

http://iamplayr.com

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Re: IAMPLAYR

Post by Karrde »

Stu, are you a fan of Mangement Simulators? If so there is a small (two divisions) but active Fiso league on one of them. Buzz me if youre interested. Its one of the friendliest little corners of Fiso.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Do we really want the likes of him? :lol:

If he is quick he could get Mikes Boys in the Yoof League ...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

stuboy
Dumbledore

Post by stuboy »

Hey Karr,

I am interested in them - just need to find the time. (to play and to read the rules)

presuming this is Xpert Eleven, as per blah's link? Realistically, how long to get familiar with the game?

Out of interest, did anyone play any "play by mail" games growing up? My mate and I, (wow about 18 years ago :shock:) , used to play them a lot and would wait every Tuesday for it to arrive in the post - and then read it during Double Physics.

No wonder I ended up getting a D :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

stuboy wrote:Hey Karr,

I am interested in them - just need to find the time. (to play and to read the rules)

presuming this is Xpert Eleven, as per blah's link? Realistically, how long to get familiar with the game?

Out of interest, did anyone play any "play by mail" games growing up? My mate and I, (wow about 18 years ago :shock:) , used to play them a lot and would wait every Tuesday for it to arrive in the post - and then read it during Double Physics.

No wonder I ended up getting a D :lol:
Not too long, have a look at the XI Forum, and there is loads of stuff there, and sensible advice is regularly given, but not always taken :lol: (It really is not that complicated - it can't be as I am OK at it :? .)

RichT played something similar....

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

Stu

I have been playing xpert 11 for the last 3 months and I love it. Not very good at it right now as my squads of players are young and inexperienced. But over time they will grow into world beaters.

And, yes, I did play a play by mail game back in my teens (over 20 years ago). Loved it!

Karrde
Sir Stormtrooper
FS Record: Profitable

Post by Karrde »

Sounds like its the perfect game for you Stu. You can pick it up in 5 minutes, but forever be getting closer to mastering it as there are so many variables. At the end of the day though you can get away with 5 minutes a couple of times a week, or spend longer pouring over the stats.

You can have one official team and a second in our private Fiso League... for the price of a couple of pints you can go VIP and unlock a bunch of other fun stats and run more teams.

Have a browse round out Xpert Eleven section, there is a heap of strategy stuff and discussion. Aside from Spirey we have all pretty much started as novices here. Some 7 seasons ago, some 1 season ago, so there is a spread of experience as we all figure it out together. So far 4 different people have won the Fiso League, and a few of us are involved in other private leagues too.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Get on to it Stuboy.

Play by Mail - Those were the days.

£2 per week and at the end of the season you got nothing. Was still addicted to it though.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

I remember the very first Telegraph Fantasy football being a postal game as the internet wasn't in wide use then.
Must have been the 93/94 season?

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

Ashers wrote:Get on to it Stuboy.

Play by Mail - Those were the days.

£2 per week and at the end of the season you got nothing. Was still addicted to it though.
Ashers, did the PBM game you played involve you actually telephoning rival managers (IRL) to arrange transfers? The one I played did, I started playing that particular one from an advert in Match Mag.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Stu,

We have a vacancy here http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=128580" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Spirie here is cfcrule there, let him know who you are there 0 if that makes sense.

Season starts today, and you will get loads of help for people here, and there......

Not much between the two squads, to be honest, although the piglets pip it for me.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

The beta is now active so I guess everyone who expressed an interest is now allowed to play the beta game.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Simulated Football Management games”