To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Ralfbergs' Prediction Game - OPEN for REGISTRATION

A forum for news on Football Score Prediction games (e.g. Weekend Football).
Ralfbergs
FISO Knight
FS Record: Murfs Premiership Predictions Knockout Cup 13/14 Winner

Ralfbergs' Prediction Game - OPEN for REGISTRATION

Post by Ralfbergs »

This will be the 6th year that I run my prediction game and maybe someone wants to join our ranks and participate next year. Usually we have around 10 participants, but maybe we get more this year, who knows.

The text with the rules is quite long, but the game is actually quite simple - just answer to 4 questions for each game in the gameweek and that's it.

Idea:

Game consists of 38 gameweeks and is based on predicting 4 things about each game in a gameweek -
1) how the game will end (who will win/ draw)?
2) will both teams score?
3) which team will score first?
4) Will the game have over/under 2.5 goals?

Every week I post fixture lists, with odds assigned about every game(explained later in scoring), and participants answer 4 questions about every game, posting answer in the forum

Scoring:
Each game will have decimal odds assigned about each of the 4 markets they have to answer about each game. So if you answer correct , those odds counts as points. Every gameweek I will count everyone's points and make standings (similar to Pick Quick).
Example: (just an example to maybe understand better)
Game 1 : Tottenham vs Newcastle
1) Tottenham 2.75
Draw 3.31
Newcastle 2.51
2) Yes 1.7 No 1.9
3) Newcastle 1.6 Tottenham 1.9 None 5.0
4) Over 1.7 Under 1.9
(odds I will be getting from my local bookie, where all these markets are, anyway, that's not important)

I give you fixture list with all the games in gameweek like this, with odds assigned. After that participants answer all 4 questions about every game (mostly it will be 10 games, so 40 questions), like this:
Example: Game 1:
1) Home team
2) No
3) Home team
4) Under

This goes for every game, you don't have to post odds after that, I'll find them.
After that if, for example only answer about Tottenham winning is correct, you get 2.75 points. If 1st answer + 4th is correct = 2.75+ 1.9 points.

Format:
1) If >= 10 participants : All season will be split in quarters. So two winners for each quarter - one who wins first 6 gameweeks (mini season) and other one(or maybe the same one who won the miniseason) who wins the playoff.
A quarter would be 6+3 gameweeks - first 6 gameweeks will determine top 8 from those 10(or more).
Gameweek 7 - top 8 goes for quarterfinal, which will be held similar as they play out qurarterfinals in swimming, or 100m etc,etc - not head to head, but 4 top results get further.
Gameweek 8 - semifinal. (2 advance)
Gameweek 9 - Final.
(in playoff there of course will be an additional question, which participants can't answer the same - so that I could determine a winner if there's a draw).
So this goes for 36gw, and we have 8 winners (maybe that'll be one winner, but anyway, to make my point). For last 2 gameweeks there will be an ultimate all season final, were best 8 players of all season play semifinal+final.

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Re: Ralfbergs' Prediction Game - OPEN for REGISTRATION

Post by Ralfbergs »

FYI: The game is run in a private predictions forum in FISO, here I am only looking for new participants who might join our ranks!

Ralfbergs
FISO Knight

Re: Ralfbergs' Prediction Game - OPEN for REGISTRATION

Post by Ralfbergs »

BUMP

If somebody wants to play, please drop me a PM, only 2 days left.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Score Prediction Games”