To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2018 SBru PLP - FA CUP : Fourth Round FULL TIME Results are in ...

A forum for news on Football Score Prediction games (e.g. Weekend Football).
Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Wolf in Sheeps clothing

2018 SBru PLP - FA CUP : Fourth Round FULL TIME Results are in ...

Post by Mick MacPaddywack »

Hi All - Happy New Year!!

In 2015 Fozzman won the 1st SuperBru FA Cup.
This is a straightforward head to head knockout competition which runs in parallel with the real FA Cup (roughly).

There are 5 rounds:
FA Cup Fourth Round (30th January) - We will be taking our prediction results for the following weekend, week 24, commencing February 2nd.
FA Cup Fifth Round (20th February) - We will be taking prediction results for the following weekend, week 27, commencing February 27th.
FA Cup Sixth Round (12th March) - We will be taking prediction results for that weekend, week 30, March 12th.
FA Cup Semi Finals (23rd April) - We will be taking prediction results for that weekend, week 35, April 23rd.
FA Cup Final (21st May) - We will be taking prediction results for the preceding weekend, week 37, May 12-18th.

The draw for the first round will be defined by each competitors ranking in the preceding round (week 23, 23rd January) leaderboard.
As an indication of how this will work see the draw below which is based on your current ranking at the end of week 19:

Unlike the WinterCup/SpringCup (where I use the SuperBru Head to Head scores), I will be taking the combined WP (Win Points) and MP (Margin Points) directly from our FISO League in SB. I will exclude any BP (Bonus Points) or GSP from your scores. This is to reduce the probability of draws. However if a draw does occur, I will use the same countback rule that I've applied in Winter and Spring Cups, namely that:

If there is a draw (same WP/MP combo), there will be a countback based on:
1) the individual's WP (win Points) of that week
2) the individual's MP (margin Points) of that week
If the two teams are still tied after that, then the countback will be based on:
3) the combination of WP and MP in the last match of the fixture until one of the two teams scores higher than the other.

For the Historians amongst you:
2015 FA CUP Winner was Fozzman - link to the competition thread is here

Hope y'all enjoy, but to ensure it please avoid missing your picks or you will end up gifting someone with a bye.
Cheers,
Mac
Last edited by Mick MacPaddywack on 01 Feb 2018, 08:52, edited 30 times in total.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

2016 SBru - FA Cup - Fourth Round (last 32) Draw confirmed

Well the time is upon us already!!

Dixie Dean is putting Dubbin on his boots & pulling on his Toffees jersey. Stanley Matthews is pulling on Stokie Bloke's favourite strip.

Week 23 SuperBru prediction results are in:

and the draw for the FA Cup is as follows:

Fairly straightfoward ... top ranked Trampie and alastair get a free ride into the next round without competitors to fill the slots. Equally murf, FunkyG and Moist von Lip are likely to get a free ride as their opponents have not shown up to predict for some weeks now, although that may change ... Good luck the the rest of ye 8-)
Last edited by Mick MacPaddywack on 17 Nov 2016, 00:16, edited 1 time in total.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 2016 SBru PLP - FA Cup fourth round Half Time scores

FA Cup Fourth Round Half Time results in ....

Most matches are pretty close, with two games remaining tomorrow nobody is guaranteed a win ...
Apart from the top 5 seeds that is, who all got free rides into the Fifth Round ...

The crowds are gripping the railings and holding their breaths in Spencer4's matchup against Lawro
would be a travesty to lose to Lawro under any circumstances :oops: Fingers crossed!!
Last edited by Mick MacPaddywack on 17 Nov 2016, 00:15, edited 1 time in total.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 2016 SBru PLP - FA Cup - fourth round - Half Time scores

Fourth Round Full Time results are in and here it is:

A stong start to his defence of his Title, by Fozzman with 10 points ...

A few turned around their first half deficit, namely Lano23 nicking it from asdral225 and McBear nicking it from hammerddh and - the Lawd be praised - Spencer4 whipping Lawro after a scary start ...

Bad luck to all those on the wrong end of the result ... time to focus on the Spring Cup :wink:

Next round of the FA Cup is week 27 - the 27th February ... two rounds of the Spring Cup in the interim

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 2016 SBru PLP - FA Cup - Down to the last 16

Fifth Round results are as follows:

Fozzman's title defence continues in a strong vein ... in a replay of last year's Final ... beating Trampie again ...
Other big names like Spencer4, Moist von Lipwig and Metal Warlord suffer for fielding a second string team ...

and Quarter Final Draw looks inviting ... takes place the weekend after next ... 12th March ... good luck all!!
Last edited by Mick MacPaddywack on 17 Nov 2016, 00:15, edited 3 times in total.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 2016 SBru PLP - FA Cup - Down to the last 16

Due to the dropout of Threeleggedtoad I've had to go back two rounds & recalculate the outcomes. Then I included the Quarter Final results.
The net result of the redrafted pairings without ThreeleggedToad is shown below:

Also, it appears when I downloaded the results previously, they had not been finalised ... they are finalised now however. Fozzman the reigning champion gets thru by the skin of his teeth. murf the perennial competitor is trying to add the FA Cup to his collection (14 Spring Cup, 14-15 PL Champion). Semi Finals take place in week 35 - 23rd April. Good luck all!!

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: 2016 SBru PLP - FA Cup - Semi Finals in week 35 - 23rd April

Post by murf »

Still hanging in there....

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 2016 SBru PLP - FA Cup - Semi Finals - the holder, Fozzman battling to stay in...

FA CUP - SEMI FINAL is in its final ten minutes (1 match remaining this evening) and it is nail-biting stuff ...

on the one hand, the current holder of the Cup fozzman is losing by only 1 prediction to MickMacP - it all rests on tonite's match ... can fozzman outpredict Mick

on the other hand, murf is a nose in front of alastair (the 2015 FA Cup winner) who is losing by only 0.75 - 1 correct prediction could swing it ... howvever, murf recently won the SPRING Cup by just getting his nose in front ...

Last edited by Mick MacPaddywack on 17 Nov 2016, 00:14, edited 1 time in total.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 2016 SBru PLP - FA Cup - Semi Finals - the holder, Fozzman battling to stay in...

FA CUP - SEMI FINAL results in the holder fozzman, bowing out and now only MickMacP stands in the way of a Murf Spring Cup FA Cup double ... worrying times indeed :mrgreen:

Last edited by Mick MacPaddywack on 17 Nov 2016, 00:14, edited 1 time in total.

murf
FISO Viscount

Re: 2016 SBru PLP - FA Cup - Finals - the holder, Fozzman Out. Mick v murf in Final.

Post by murf »

Indeed!

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 2016 SBru PLP - FA Cup - Finals - the holder, Fozzman Out. Mick v murf in Final.

Well, MickMacP rode his luck quite a bit in the last 8 rounds of the season, but was only found out in the last round of the season where the favourite, murf, remained consistent and hammered Mick soundly.

A well deserved Champion, the FA Cup for 2016 goes to murf ... CONGRATULATIONS on winning the double!!

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

2017 SBru PLP - FA CUP - Holder: Murf - week 22 standings will define the draw

Happy New Year to y'all !!

As in the previous 2 years, I've run this comp in parallel with the SuperBru Premiership Prediction League. If you play the weekly Premiership competition you need to do nothing more as you are automatically entered.

For the Historians amongst you:
2016 FA CUP Winner was murf - history of 2016 directly in the thread below.
2015 FA CUP Winner was Fozzman - link to the competition thread is here

This is a straightforward head to head knockout competition which runs in parallel with the real FA Cup (approximately) ... There are 5 rounds in this competition if you last that long:
FA Cup Fourth Round (28th January) - our 4th round will take our prediction results for the following fixtures, week 23, commencing Tuesday 30th Jan-Thurs 1st Feb.
FA Cup Fifth Round (18th February) - our 5th round will take prediction results for the following weekend, week 26, commencing Saturday 25th-Mon 27th Feb.
FA Cup Sixth Round (11th March) - our 6th round will take prediction results for that weekend, week 28, Saturday 11th-Sun 12th March.
FA Cup Semi Finals (22-23rd April) - our Semi Final will take prediction results for that weekend, week 34, Saturday 22nd Apr.
FA Cup Final (27th May) - our Final will take prediction results for the preceding weekend, week 38, Sunday 21st May.

The draw for the Fourth round will be defined by each competitors SuperBru Prediction League ranking after the preceding round (week 22, 21-22nd Jan) has taken place.
As an indication of how this will work see the draw below which is based on your current ranking at the end of the week 20 (just gone by:

the table standings above would result in the following draws:

YOU WILL NOTE THAT THE TOP 3 in the standings get BYES through to the next round as our league only has 29 members. 4th Place will almost certainly face TheBigLewandowski who may (or may not) show up ... that's the luck of the draw ...

THERE WILL BE NO DRAWN matches:

Unlike the WinterCup/SpringCup (where I use the SuperBru Head to Head scores), I will be taking the combined WP (Win Points) and MP (Margin Points) directly from our FISO League in SB. I will exclude any BP (Bonus Points) or GSP from your scores. This is to reduce the probability of draws. However if a draw does occur, I will use the same countback rule that I've applied in Winter and Spring Cups, namely that:

If there is a draw (same WP/MP combo), there will be a count-back based on:
If the two teams are still tied after that, then the count-back will be based on:
3) the combination of WP and MP in the last match of the fixture until one of the two teams scores higher than the other.

Hope y'all enjoy, but to ensure it please avoid missing your picks or you will end up gifting someone with a bye.
Cheers,
Mac[/quote]

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

2018 SBru FISO - FA CUP - Holder: Murf - week 24 (this weekend) standings will define the draw

week 22 results are in, and the standings are as follows:

The draw for the Fourth round reflects these current standings with the following results:

As mentioned before, THE TOP 3 in the standings get BYES through to the next round as our league only has 29 members. Spencer4 nicks the 3rd Bye from highgreenowl who faces our debutant TheBigLewandowski .

At the cost of repeating myself:

THERE WILL BE NO DRAWN matches:

I will be taking the combined WP (Win Points) and MP (Margin Points) directly from our FISO League in SB. I will exclude any BP (Bonus Points) or GSP from your scores. This is to reduce the probability of draws. However if a draw does occur, I will use the same countback rule that I've applied in Winter and Spring Cups, namely that:

If there is a draw (same WP/MP combo), there will be a count-back based on:
If the two teams are still tied after that, then the count-back will be based on:

Cheers,
Mac
Last edited by Mick MacPaddywack on 17 Jan 2018, 13:06, edited 1 time in total.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 2017 SBru PLP - FA CUP - week 22 standings will define the draw

week 24 results are in, and the FA Cup 4th Round results are as follows:

A bit of a disappointing no show by a number of our members meant that some lucky blokes got byes through to the Fifth Round, where others had to battle it out. Luck of the draw, as they say, with the closest battle being between SportBilly and Royeee with SportBilly edging it by 0.5 points (commisserations, Royee).

Our next game week for the FA Cup is week 26 (25-27th February). Hopefully there will be 100% predictions.

Good luck, all!!
Last edited by Mick MacPaddywack on 17 Jan 2018, 13:23, edited 2 times in total.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

FA Cup 5th Round is week 26 (25-27th February)

Our next game week for the FA Cup is week 26 (25-27th February) - this coming weekend. Hopefully there will be 100% predictions.

Good luck, all!!

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 2017 SBru/PLP - FA CUP - our 5th Round is week 26 (25-27th February)

Apologies for delay in posting results but I've experienced hard drive meltdown and major loss of data, requiring a restore & rebuild exercise ... not fun.

As a consequence, I've had to reconstruct one of my spreadsheets from week 20 and have discovered that the scores posted for week 24 have changed dramatically from those I used initially in SuperBru.

This can happen if they have not updated weekend scores when I go to collect the data (perhaps I should have been less eager to post results). The result is completely different as shown below:

Last edited by Mick MacPaddywack on 01 Mar 2017, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 2017 SBru/PLP - FA CUP - our 5th Round is week 26 (25-27th February)

The results of the 5th Round - week 26 are as follows:

ImageImage

Quarter Finals are in week 30

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

2017 SBru/PLP - FA CUP - Quarter Finals fixtures are as follows:

FA CUP - Quarter Finals fixtures are as follows:

Envious onlookers (me) have noted that murf inexplicably gets through to the quarter finals with a sub standard score that better opponents (me) lost with in the same round :mrgreen:

murf
FISO Viscount

Re: 2017 SBru/PLP - FA CUP - Quarter Finals in week 30 (12th March)

Post by murf »

Just doing enough to beat what was in front of me. Saving some genius insight for the next round.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

murf wrote:Just doing enough to beat what was in front of me. Saving some genius insight for the next round.
Good luck with that! Stokie Bloke is a cool customer who will test your mettle ...
Best of luck to ye both & may the best man win!

tenpinterry
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 214th (15/16), 734rd (13/14), 650th (08/09), 507th (07/08) & 132nd (06/07)
Mail - 47th (11/12)
Telegraph - 98th (14/15)

Post by tenpinterry »

Surprised to still be in this - usually first round exit :D

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

Re: 2017 SBru/PLP - FA CUP - Quarter Finals in week 30 (1st April)

Just in case someone notices ... I had scheduled our FA Cup Quarter Finals for "week 30 - 12th March" ... which was an error ...
It would have to be week 28 - 12th March or week 30 - 1st April.

Given that I only realised this a moment ago, and that there were only 4 games in week 28, I am opting to change this fixture to week 30 -1st April.

I know this gives a second life to some of you (who would have lost this week) but that's life ... the pitches were unplayable & the fixtures were rained off.

Keep yer powder dry to April 1st ...

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

That all depends....

Did I win? ;)

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

murf wrote:That all depends....

Did I win? ;)
No, you punctured the ball with your steel studs ... :lol:

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

Here's a fairer idea (I think) .... if I treat the Quarter Final as a two legged affair, with fixtures on both week 28 (12th March) and week 30 (1st April) we get the following (half time) status:

That means that nobody loses out & we get a better number of fixtures.
The same count-back rules apply if the result is a draw.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

The Quarter Final results are in ...
Employing the two legged proposal with fixtures on both week 28 (12th March) and week 30 (1st April) we get the following Full Time results:

2016 Champion and current Holder murf puts Stokie Bloke to the sword in both legs
2015 Winner fozzman fights back strongly in second leg but loses out to royee
Spencer4 recoups his marginal deficit from the first leg to edge ahead of Metal Warlord overall & squeezes through (bad luck MW)
And happily the two legged option resolved the first leg tie between dewalsh and tenpinterry with dewalsh pulling through.
Last edited by Mick MacPaddywack on 03 Apr 2017, 16:12, edited 1 time in total.

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

The Semi Final fixtures are therefore set ...

This is scheduled for week 34 (22nd April):

Best of luck to all!!

murf
FISO Viscount

Re: 2017 SBru/PLP - FA CUP - Semi Finals in week 34 (22nd April)

Post by murf »

Knew I'd had a good week as I have risen to an all time high globally (after some recent slippage)

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

FA Cup Half Time results are in ...
with Saturday / Sunday matches completed & with 5 more matches still to be played between Tuesday-Thursday the current status is as shown below:

There's not much in it and still anybody's game ...

Mick MacPaddywack
Grumpy Old Man

FA Cup Semi Final results provided no change on the Half Time results, so no surprises ...

Last edited by Mick MacPaddywack on 09 May 2017, 09:10, edited 1 time in total.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Score Prediction Games”