To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Car Roof

A forum for discussion on motoring topics.
Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Car Roof

Post by Ashers »

I was on my way home today and heard a strange noise from my car roof. When I got out and checked the roof, I notice that the roof is now flexible and I can push it in and out.

Not sure what has happened here, but looks like the roof has lost it's strength.

Any ideas?

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar
FS Record: Too many to mention now :-)

Re: Car Roof

Post by pa102aw »

Did you leave it out overnight in the severe frost and then pour hot water over it in the morning to defrost it ? (some people actually do that :shock: ) If so the sudden expansion could have made it malleable.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Think it has something to do with the roof lining / structure?

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

Is this the same old banger that the exhaust fell off when you hit that pothole the other month?

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

-DC- wrote:Is this the same old banger that the exhaust fell off when you hit that pothole the other month?
It is. Would not say it was a old banger though. Has only done 45,000 miles, although it is nine years old.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Just don't play any Rolf Harris on the car stereo, the roof might join in for wobbleboard accompaniment.

Stick
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Completely private

Post by Stick »

pa102aw wrote:Did you leave it out overnight in the severe frost and then pour hot water over it in the morning to defrost it ?

who defrosts their roof?

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

Pa obviously... :lol: everyone else in the country just scrapes an area about a foot square so they can see out by ducking close to the screen :P sometimes I scrape a small bit in each side window so I can see left/right at junctions....pa defrosts his roof :shock:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

-DC- wrote:Pa obviously... :lol: everyone else in the country just scrapes an area about a foot square so they can see out by ducking close to the screen :P sometimes I scrape a small bit in each side window so I can see left/right at junctions....pa defrosts his roof :shock:
Pa lives in Scotland, it helps there to be able to see through the sunroof to work out how high the snow is piled up at the side of the road.

el_pappje
FISO Comedy Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 11 & 16; OFL Golf 4th 09; TFG OFL Overall, Majors, F1oG Winner 09

Post by el_pappje »

murf wrote:
-DC- wrote:Pa obviously... :lol: everyone else in the country just scrapes an area about a foot square so they can see out by ducking close to the screen :P sometimes I scrape a small bit in each side window so I can see left/right at junctions....pa defrosts his roof :shock:
Pa lives in Scotland, it helps there to be able to see through the sunroof to work out how high the snow is piled up at the side of the road.
Why on earth would you buy a car with a sunroof in Scotland in the first place? :roll:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

el_pappje wrote:
murf wrote:
Why on earth would you buy a car with a sunroof in Scotland in the first place? :roll:
Der!

To be able to see through the sunroof to work out how high the snow is piled up at the side of the road

Knulpuk
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ultra ultra consistent (see above)

Post by Knulpuk »

Ashers wrote:I was on my way home today and heard a strange noise from my car roof. When I got out and checked the roof, I notice that the roof is now flexible and I can push it in and out.

Not sure what has happened here, but looks like the roof has lost it's strength.

Any ideas?
How did you know that the roof was not flexible before?

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar
FS Record: Too many to mention now :-)

Post by pa102aw »

We don't need sun roofs in winter .. we have periscopes. :D

mad dog
Dumbledog

Post by mad dog »

Ashers....can't you use your FF winnings to buy a decent car? and mind out for potholes :o

Alchemist
Grumpy Old Chemist
Location: Finally in the promised land - Premiership Champions 2014 - Come on you Saints!!!!!
FS Record: Snoopy vs The Red Baron

Post by Alchemist »

pa102aw wrote:We don't need sun roofs in winter .. we have periscopes. :D

Periscopes fine for winter, Murf was on about the summer!!!

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Knulpuk wrote:
Ashers wrote:I was on my way home today and heard a strange noise from my car roof. When I got out and checked the roof, I notice that the roof is now flexible and I can push it in and out.

Any ideas?
How did you know that the roof was not flexible before?
I just know.

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

Ashers wrote:
-DC- wrote:Is this the same old banger that the exhaust fell off when you hit that pothole the other month?
It is. Would not say it was a old banger though. Has only done 45,000 miles, although it is nine years old.
So the mileometer doesnt work either :shock:
You didnt buy it on ebay from D. Dastardly did you :lol:

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Just seen the company that I purchased this car from on The sheriffs are coming.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Is it a convertible three wheeler now?

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Tacalabala wrote:Is it a convertible three wheeler now?
Actually sold the car last month and purchased a new car.

The car gradually feel apart piece by piece and I still managed to sell it on with a 12 month MOT.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Lol, how desperate was the next guy?!

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Tacalabala wrote:Lol, how desperate was the next guy?!
12 Months MOT and Tax, Full Service History and only 60,000k miles.

Actually had a bidding war on Ebay for it and was happy to make £750. :D

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Seems a fair price actually, just hope they don't find this thread.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Tacalabala wrote:Seems a fair price actually, just hope they don't find this thread.
They have the receipts for the work and I told no lies.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

I know, just playing. I hope your new car is doing you well

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

First time I have ever bought a new car and makes up for 15 years of driving old bangers.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

murf wrote:Just don't play any Rolf Harris on the car stereo, the roof might join in for wobbleboard accompaniment.
Clunk, click every trip :wink:

jimmydean
Kevin and Perry

Post by jimmydean »

Those old clunk click ads were awesome!

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Might want to skip to 38 seconds:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Motoring Forum”