To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

You park like a....

A forum for discussion on motoring topics.
crispybits
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO Apprentice Champion 2011-2012, Xpert11 FBT winner season 7

You park like a....

Post by crispybits »

Back story, every couple of weeks for the past year I pop out of my flat in the evening and my car has been blocked in by inconsiderate and totally thoughtless parking by the guys from the Indian downstairs (parked across the back of my car or 2 inches from my drivers door despite there being loads of space to park like a normal human being would). I go and ask them to reconsider and they always promise it'll never happen again.

Earlier this evening was just such an occasion. And I snapped. So once their 3 delivery cars were out and about I parked so I blocked the entire entrance to the car park (which is only used by me and them in the evenings) and sat in my car. Cue a huge shouty match when they got back. I went back inside, leaving the car in their way with the threat that it would be there all night.

10 minutes later I went back out and moved it and let them know. But here's the question - will I now be constantly blocked in by crappy parking, or will I go out in the morning to find my car has been keyed (it's right in view of a decent CCTV camera so if they do I'll string em up by whatever force of law will take the case), or will they actually follow through on the umpteenth time they've promised never to block me in again?

Answers on a postcard...

Also, to reflect the title, here's a (very NSFW) link

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Re: You park like a....

Post by Vid »

If you need to get out will they move quickly when asked?

I'd be after a good relationship and discounted/ free food :-)

crispybits
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISO Apprentice Champion 2011-2012, Xpert11 FBT winner season 7

Post by crispybits »

Never got food discounts in the 5 years I've lived next door (except a free naan once a few years back and not entirely sure that wasnt just a mistake)

They do move, and normally fairly quickly, but they always promise never to block me in again (and it's not like there aren't any spaces, they're just being selfish idiots) and yet I'll pop out for a smoke or to pop round to the shop and see I'm blocked in all the time... It was quite cathartic to have the shouty match with them (I know I was on 2 different CCTV cameras and I had my phone recording audio in my pocket so wasnt worried for my safety too much - plus I'm huge and they're all fairly little) - and actually highly amusing when one of them started accusing me of racism and threatening to call the police (like they care about cars parked on private land that aren't blocking anyone in, plus as I said audio recording).

They've never had to ask me once to move my car in all that time, and for the first 4 years I never had to ask them, but this past year it's like they've hired the worst parkers in the world as their delivery drivers...

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

How about a note? :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Motoring Forum”