To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Suitable Car - Pushchair & Baby

A forum for discussion on motoring topics.
Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Suitable Car - Pushchair & Baby

Post by Ashers »

So my first born (Eli Jack 8lb 12.5 oz) & partner are now safely home after a complicated birth and lots of time spent in hospital.

So yesterday, I finally unpacked the travel system to find out that my car is not longer suitable.

I currently have a 207 that I've only had for 12 months, but went to put the pram in the boot to find out that it only just fits. Therefore, leaving only the space next to the baby's car seat for shopping.

My question to FISO is:

What car would you recommend that will give me enough space to fit the travel system in the car and shopping. Personally, I'm not keen on estates, but would like a hatchback with a larger boot, but understand that this may not be possible.

Budget is tight as I am also moving house and ideally want something under £5,000

Thanks in advance

Ash

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Suitable Car - Pushchair & Baby

Post by murf »

Nothing wrong with an estate. I found my Golf estate handled and felt like a hatchback (unlike a Volvo I test drove). I thought I'd hate it after switching from a sporty coupe but it was fine.

Having said that I've gone back to a hatchback!

sleuth
Dumbledore

Post by sleuth »

Berlingo.

Enough boot space to even chuck the the Mother-in-Law in there too.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

1.5dci qashqai.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Not sure if your budget would stretch, but we've had a Hyundai i20 and an i30. Both fitted a pushchair in the boot with room to spare.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Motoring Forum”