To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

PCSO Powers

A forum for discussion on motoring topics.
Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

PCSO Powers

Post by Ashers »

Evening FISO,

Wondering if anyone can help with a questions regarding PCSO powers?

I called my better half today to see how she was getting on and she said to me that she was driving and needed to pull over to talk. As she pulled over, I heard her say "got to go as there is a traffic warden" and the next thing I heard was a text message saying that was not a traffic warden.

I have just spoken to her now and it seems that the traffic warden turned out to be a little jumped up PCSO who took offence to being called a traffic warden and his first words to her were "I don't care where you're going or what you're doing and that's going to cost you three points on your license". The PCSO then stood in front of the car and allowed her to drive off.

The strange thing is that he never asked for her name or address and only took the reg number of the vehicle which is registered to her work.

:arrow: Does anyone know if PCSO can issue a CU80 (Breach of requirements as to control of the vehicle, mobile telephone etc)?
:arrow: Should the PCSO have taken her personal details to link this back to her?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: PCSO Powers

Post by murf »

No idea of his powers (could have been bullshitting) but the police can of course get you from the car reg (speed cameras) and 'force' the owner (eg her work) to say who was driving.

Speaking on a mobile, however briefly is fair game for a ticket IMO (and yes I occassionally do similar briefly but not around traffic wardens!)

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Surely she can just deny being on the phone?
Did he/she get a photograph of her on the phone?

Presumably if the 'traffic warden' heard her say "got to go, there's a traffic warden" she was stationary or close enough to the curb for the PCSO to overhear? In which case, how come she was panicking and hanging up? Sounds iffy to me Ashers.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Was she actually holding the phone in her hand?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Motoring Forum”