To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Cycling on the pavement!

A forum for discussion on motoring topics.
Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Cycling on the pavement!

Post by Richt »

Now, this is one of biggest pet hates. Personally, I think that once someone reaches the age of 13 (maybe 14) then cycling on the pavement should be banned.

Is it even legal?

(please nothing about horses or zebras)

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Re: Cycling on the pavement!

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

Richt wrote:(please nothing about horses or zebras)

dammit. :evil:

spoilsport.

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

What about pelicans?

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

or puffins?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Richt wrote:Now, this is one of biggest pet hates. Personally, I think that once someone reaches the age of 13 (maybe 14) then cycling on the pavement should be banned.

Is it even legal?
It is illegal, even for kids. It is even illegal to push a bike the wrong way down a one-way street.

In town centre type locations (not housing estates) I think kids on bikes on pavements should be banned / locked up / discouraged / shot. They are remarkably dangerous (worse than any adults on bikes), possibly second only to mobility scooters (are they legal???). I find this especially when walking my zebra on a lead, sorry, dog. Dog on a lead not zebra on a dog.

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

The assumption they have is that pedestrians in front of them will walk straight. I tend to meander and it's only a matter of time before one of the SOBs clip me. Try sueing a fourteen year old who does a snotty cylist version of a runner. Don't think the police are bothered.

Judio
Dumbledore

Post by Judio »

On a similar topic, can anyone tell me which version of the Highway Code tells you
that by putting on your hazard lights, you can stop wherever you want to (even on the pavement) ??? :roll: :roll:

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

Judio wrote:On a similar topic, can anyone tell me which version of the Highway Code tells you
that by putting on your hazard lights, you can stop wherever you want to (even on the pavement) ??? :roll: :roll:
its amazing the amount of breakdowns that happen outside of takeaways....

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Moist von Lipwig wrote:
Judio wrote:On a similar topic, can anyone tell me which version of the Highway Code tells you
A similarly coincidental high proportion also occur near to cashpoints. This is a fortuitous statistical quirk type thing because I nearly always see the poor victim of misfortune being able to get cash out to pay the breakdown recovery truck driver who I assume is on his way.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

murf wrote:
Moist von Lipwig wrote:
A similarly coincidental high proportion also occur near to cashpoints. This is a fortuitous statistical quirk type thing because I nearly always see the poor victim of misfortune being able to get cash out to pay the breakdown recovery truck driver who I assume is on his way.
And there was me thinking they were just showing off they've got money.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Motoring Forum”