To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

goCarShare - Car Sharing Made Fun

A forum for discussion on motoring topics.
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

goCarShare - Car Sharing Made Fun

Post by admin »

http://gocarshare.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have recently invested in the above start-up company as per my-start-up-investments-t105847.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any feedback appreciated from anyone that uses the service.

goCarShare:

What's the big idea?

Driving somewhere? Say no to empty seats. Get your car seats earning money and meet fun people by sharing the journey.

Need a lift? No problem! Search for someone who will drive you to your destination. The cost? goCarSharing is virtually always the cheapest way to travel.

Ok, what do I do?

Irrespective of whether you are a potential passenger or a potential driver, the first thing to do is to login via facebook.

If you are looking to drive, you create a goCarShare request by simply entering the details about the journey that you are planning on making.

Passengers will then search for suitable people to goCarShare with. They will then apply and/or message the driver.

Because goCarShare is linked with Facebook it is easy to find out information about fellow users, such as whether you have friends in common, their interests, or university attended.

The driver then lets the passenger know whether they can share with them by accepting them if it suits, or declining them if it doesn't.

Once the journey is complete, leave each other feedback to help future goCarSharers

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Re: goCarShare - Car Sharing Made Fun

Post by tommymooney »

How will it differentiate itself from liftshare.com Chris?

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

tommymooney wrote:How will it differentiate itself from liftshare.com Chris?
goCarShare's answer to this question when pitching was that goCarShare have partnerships with over 100 festivals and events, which they believe is the key to gaining adoption amongst 'Generation Y' and they have created a brand centered around fun. goCarShare are also a vibrant startup that has strong links in the London Tech City scene, and has recently been backed by Telefonica as part of the Wayra initiative which will help facilitate partnerships and product development to help make car sharing in the UK mainstream.

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Agree Gen Y has to be a target market - some evidence I've read about cars becoming less of a rite of passage/status symbol for them (priced out of car ownership too by insurance). Gen X'ers probably a lost cause in their Audi's :wink:

Assume there are android/Apple apps -surely essential for that market?

I suppose the key thing is to get a critical mass of journeys on there as soon as poss. I was early adopter of liftshare, but lost interest, as there were rarely useful journeys for me.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Motoring Forum”