To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Vauxhall Astra - Doors not unlocking

A forum for discussion on motoring topics.
Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Vauxhall Astra - Doors not unlocking

Post by Ashers »

Last week I had an issue where the back passenager door wouldn't open from the inside or outside while the car was unlocked. I was given advice to try the emergency door opening which is to unwind the window, lock the car and then open the door from the inside through this window - Bingo the door would open.

Yesterday the passenager door started playing up and won't open from the inside or out.

Today three of the doors have gone on the car when I have gone to get in and had to climb through the back driver's door to get into the car. When I have then gone to get back out all fours door wouldn't open and I've just had to climb out of the window to escape.

I re-entered via the boot (leaving this open to exit again so that I could shut the car window), but the boot can't be opened from the inside so would have to climb back through the window if I closed the boot behind me.

30 minutes later I went back outside and tried the key on the fob again and the driver's door re-opened but two doors on the passenager's side haven't.

I don't dare lock the car incase the driver's door goes again as I need the vehicle to get to work.

Any thoughts on what the issue is?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Vauxhall Astra - Doors not unlocking

Post by blahblah »

The car hates you?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

It could just be that you need a new battery in your key fob and the weak signal is being translated wrongly by the car mechanism or, more likely, the car does indeed hate you.

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

Seems to be a very common issue on Astras.
Some advice here may help.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... ZWqSPS796o

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Motoring Forum”